Round 17 Discussion

Tough forward pass call based on the angle we saw.

20-0, not impossible especially given the quality of the opposition, but the Knights don't have a great second half themselves.

The Tigers have been much improved. They've adjusted well to the day time conditions and this is the most energy I've seen from Brooks in sometime. He's leading the way for Wests, and the others are following his lead.

Wasn't a bad start to the second stanza by the Knights. Forced two penalties but a forced offload and some poor discipline has given the Tigers a shot on their line.

And now they've got six again.

Brooks again with the big break, if Liddle comes up with a better pass from dummy half the Tigers would have put this one to bed.

Knights error, here's the Tigers chance to land the KO blow.

There it is.

Brooks to Lolohea, Lolohea straightens the attack, finds Naiqama who sucks in Gagai and gives Nofoaluma an easy run to the line.

Good ball movement there from the Tigers. From one sideline to another and they just worked the numbers out well.

Shocking passage of play from Levi.

Loses the ball over the line, drops an offload and now loses the ball from dummy half.

Newcastle finally on the board.

Came on the back of a strong defensive set where they restricted the Tigers to 20m. Ross with a strong kick return got the Tigers back-peddling and in the end Fitzgibbon had an easy dive over from dummy half.

What a dumb play from the Knights there. Tough call against them, but no communication whatsoever.

Poor mistake by Marsters.

Newcastle were making it up as they were going along, Wests were handling it fine.

I guess nerves do funny things.

Brooks finishes the game with a try.

Good win for Wests. After last week's effort, I can honestly say I didn't see it coming but some improved performances and a disappointing effort from the opposition has seen them blow away the Knights.

They've still got a long way to go, but if Cleary can continue to develop the likes of Suli, Liddle, Eisenhuth, Twal and Marsters then their situation may not seem as dire as it currently is. 2018 is going to be a write off, but if they're clever they could field something competitive by 2019.

Newcastle on the other hand were just so disappointing. I thought after last week's effort they would be fired up to perform in-front of their home fans but they weren't mentally in the contest. Just so many poor options by the players and really they made life far too easy for the Tigers. Easily one of their worst performances of the season.

Aaron Woods Fox's Man of the Match.

How'd Hodkinson go @Big Pete? Anything left in the tank, or a lost cause?

**** me if people are going to get sent at least throw some punches

That's a dumb moment from Burgess.

Forces the error but then gets carried away when a bunch of Penrith players try to support their halfback.

Now Moylan throws a horrible intercept to Johnston.

Put one on their chin instead of pimp slapping ffs it's the same punishment!

#thanksgallen

**** me if people are going to get sent at least throw some punches

Agreed.

I like that they've banned the slap, it was basically the same thing, but it looked so weak by comparison. If you're going to throw a strike, make it worthwhile.

Burns tracks the ball in the air, gets up above Mansour and plants it in the corner.

The last time these two teams met, Burns had an absolute shocker on his wing and was bombed out of the game by Cleary. So far this afternoon he's forced a turn-over and scored an important try for his side.

There really wasn't much going on for Souths, Sutton slipped over once, got tangled up with Walker the other time and they were forced into the hail mary kick.

Sutton goes up for a mid-field kick uncontested, gives it to Walker who throws a good pass to Johnston to dot down in the corner.

Souths with an important 18-8 half-time lead.

Looks like the ANZ hoodoo will continue.

Burgess pops an inside pass to Walker who beats a tackle and puts a grubber in for Johnston. Johnston outpaces the defence and Souths go into sheds with a commanding 24-8 lead.

So much for my tips.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • mrtij
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • MrTickyMcG
  • cento
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncojim
  • Astro
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Painin the Haas
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.