Round 17 Discussion

Get out of here.

Reynolds short pass to Crichton sees the young forward bursts through the Penrith defence. He heads down field only to be pulled down from behind, but he finds Farah, Farah grubbers through to Burns who's pulled down but he unloads a pass. The ball ends up finding Reynolds who puts forward a cross-field kick. Sam Burgess comes up with the ball and passes just off the ground to Johnston who has his forth of the afternoon.

Great work from Crichton to swerve past Moylan in the lead up and the follow up work from Souths was unbelievable. When you're on, you're on.

Katoa takes his eyes off the football, takes a second grab and loses the ball.

Souths with six again here, they could rack up a big score if they keep the intensity up as Reynolds goes through.

Next play, Latu rushes up on Reynolds who's forced to go left, he finds Burgess trailing through, puts in the grubber and Sam Burgess beats the winger to the ball.

It's going to be 36-8 and the Panthers season.

Now Harawira Naera gives away a penalty for a shoulder charge off the kick off.

Dear oh dear, Reynolds with a goal line restart and this has easily been the best game he's played in sometime.

I think Hooks NRL coaching career may be rapidly coming to an end.

Twenty minutes left for Johnston to get six.

I reckon Souths were robbed with that last no-try. It was ruled a knock-on but IMO the Souths player knew he wouldn't get a decent grab at it and deliberately knocked it back.

I was laughing a bit at the Panfers, but then it was literally the same scores as in our game...made me uncomfortable.

**** me if people are going to get sent at least throw some punches

Agreed. Grown men slapping each other. So much for Rugby League being a hard game. It's a parody of itself.

Dear NRL,

go **** yourself.

luv

Captain Hook.

I reckon Souths were robbed with that last no-try. It was ruled a knock-on but IMO the Souths player knew he wouldn't get a decent grab at it and deliberately knocked it back.
Thought the same thing. Knocked back imo.

As a side note how lovely would it be to score a few tries from bombs. It's probably a big chunk of our problem that opposition defences know we are only ever going to grubber on the last.

Tipping genius one day, tipping joker the next, it's a fickle game. I didn't realise Souths had such a good record before I began writing that post and just didn't feel comfortable enough in their 2017 line-up to back them. In fairness, they didn't start the game well, they were slipping over, juggling passes, dropping off tackles but that Moylan pass to Johnston and the Burns tackle changed the complexion of the match.

Souths were in some mood, it's the best they've played since the start of the 2016 season and the type of form that had me thinking they'd be a chance in 2017. They have the Roosters next week minus their Origin players, if Souths wanted to start a late season charge this could be it.

Let's get serious here, any chance of finding a loophole to claim Crichton is a Qlder? He is going to be something extremely special.

@Dexter

It's important to take into consideration, and what's not shown in this still shot, is that Lewis is moving. So do you think he was onside at the point of the play the ball? I reckon benefit of the doubt.

Vlcsnap 2017 07 02 23h14m17s378

I wouldn't want to take it away from Lewis, whom I have always liked as a player, despite his dubious club choices. Although I doubt he was behind the try line at the PTB, it's close enough for benefit of the doubt imo.

Video ref could actually rule on this too if they sent it up... anyone has the full replay to check on it?

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • jtupu17
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.