Round 17 Discussion

How about these 'player running at the ref' tries?

Case in point Bulldogs second try last night - the ref creates all the room for the player to run in. I'm not sure if it's against the rules but surely it's against the spirit of the game.

Case in point Bulldogs second try last night - the ref creates all the room for the player to run in. I'm not sure if it's against the rules but surely it's against the spirit of the game.

Worked for Jesus Hayne. He parted the defensive line for probably his most famous try like that.

Stupid refs let it happen/don't know it's happening.

Take the good with the bad I guess. Seem to recall a game possibly last year where Nikorima scored from a scrum by using the ref as an obstruction. I wasn't complaining then.

That is a load of crap. The ref faded out to the back of the play before Frawley got the ball and Tepai Moeroa took one of the most obvious dummies of all time. It was made worse the fact that Frawley had dummied about 4 times prior and got tackled. Was only after he broke the line and he was 10m out with nobody around that he ran at the ref who was in the in goal area. Perenara was terrible but he had no influence in all of that try being scored. I struggle to see what people watch sometimes

Take the good with the bad I guess. Seem to recall a game possibly last year where Nikorima scored from a scrum by using the ref as an obstruction. I wasn't complaining then.

Still irks me, even if it benefits our team.

That is a load of crap. The ref faded out to the back of the play before Frawley got the ball and Tepai Moeroa took one of the most obvious dummies of all time. It was made worse the fact that Frawley had dummied about 4 times prior and got tackled. Was only after he broke the line and he was 10m out with nobody around that he ran at the ref who was in the in goal area. Perenara was terrible but he had no influence in all of that try being scored. I struggle to see what people watch sometimes

It was bad positioning from the ref imo, he was under the post and backing up. Shit defence from Parra, obviously. Don't pretend players don't do it.

It was bad positioning from the ref imo, he was under the post and backing up. Shit defence from Parra, obviously. Don't pretend players don't do it.

Where else is he meant to stand. He could not have been in a better position lol. If he was in the line and the eels couldn't move lateral you would have a case but he was in perfect position. He didn't obstruct the defensive line or the fullback. I have no idea what he could have done. The only reason it looked funny is because Frawley ran towards the middle of the posts

1:15:58

Straight at the ref.

Haha are you serious? Taking the piss surely? So that somehow had an affect on the try?? He obstructed nobody. Where did you want him to be? Out on the wing? Whinging for the sake of it. He was in perfect position

He's not in the line, he's behind it by at least a metre. No fullback within a mile. No defender is obstructed.

I thought I must have been watching a different video. If that was the video to show a ref where to be to not obstruct any player at all this would be the one. Just in behind the defensive line but not in a place that stuffs the fullback up. Not obstructing the first line and not obstructing the second line

All I said was the ref created room and the bulldogs player ran at him. He was 5 metres in front of the posts when he runs at him - at one point the ref isn't even watching, he's running the other way! Watch how clumsy the ref's effort is, seriously.

All I said was the ref created room and the bulldogs player ran at him. He was 5 metres in front of the posts when he runs at him - at one point the ref isn't even watching, he's running the other way! Watch how clumsy the ref's effort is, seriously.

What room did he create? It only looked clumsy because Frawley cut back because Gutherson over read the play and there was a saloon passage to the middle of the posts. You think Frawley deliberately ran at the ref? Kidding yourself if you think that is right in this case. Gutherson was away from the posts and it was open to cut back to the middle. You only run at referees when they can obstruct somebody. Point out where Perenara was meant to be. If he was further to the right he could have got in guthersons way and if he was any further to the left he would have been out of play to see the try scoring situation.

What room did he create? It only looked clumsy because Frawley cut back because Gutherson over read the play and there was a saloon passage to the middle of the posts. You think Frawley deliberately ran at the ref? Kidding yourself if you think that is right in this case. Gutherson was away from the posts and it was open to cut back to the middle. You only run at referees when they can obstruct somebody. Point out where Perenara was meant to be. If he was further to the right he could have got in guthersons way and if he was any further to the left he would have been out of play to see the try scoring situation.

Should a ref at any point in a try scoring situation not be looking forward? Because he's running to get out of the area of play? Watch the replay right after the try, the ref is too close to the post and the bulldogs player runs straight at him.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • jd87
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jazza
  • LittleDavey
  • Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Turky Murky
  • Mustafur
  • mystico
  • Financeguy
  • HarryAllan7
  • HVbronco
  • lynx000
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.