Round 17 Discussion

He's not in the line, he's behind it by at least a metre. No fullback within a mile. No defender is obstructed.

I'm not suggesting it was enough to warrant an obstruction, simply that the guy ran at the ref, and it's something that players do.

Should a ref at any point in a try scoring situation not be looking forward? Because he's running to get out of the area of play? Watch the replay right after the try, the ref is too close to the post and the bulldogs player runs straight at him.

No he ran at the middle of the posts because Gutherson over committed on the other side. The ref just happened to be there. Where did you want Perenara to be?

No he ran at the middle of the posts because Gutherson over committed on the other side. The ref just happened to be there. Where did you want Perenara to be?

At home?

I had the unfortunate 'privilege' of watching this game due to my international pass and I did not even think about the ref at all.

That is a load of crap. The ref faded out to the back of the play before Frawley got the ball and Tepai Moeroa took one of the most obvious dummies of all time. It was made worse the fact that Frawley had dummied about 4 times prior and got tackled. Was only after he broke the line and he was 10m out with nobody around that he ran at the ref who was in the in goal area. Perenara was terrible but he had no influence in all of that try being scored. I struggle to see what people watch sometimes

You know what, re-reading my post I think I exaggerated by saying all the space.

He created some of the space, but not enough to warrant a ref obstruction. My perception of this differs from yours because I'm of the belief that Frawley is making a conscious decision to run at the ref to improve his chances of scoring. I see your point of view however.

I had the unfortunate 'privilege' of watching this game due to my international pass and I did not even think about the ref at all.

Imagine if this was Bennett or Bellamy or the recent example of Paul McGregor dishing up this attacking structure. The media would be all over it. Hasler got rewarded with a cool 2mill. He should give god and every broncos player a slice of the pie. Because without that downpour and our players not turning up he probably would have been looking for another job. It hurts my eyes watching them. Parra didn't exactly turn up either though

You know what, re-reading my post I think I exaggerated by saying all the space.

He created some of the space, but not enough to warrant a ref obstruction. My perception of this differs from yours because I'm of the belief that Frawley is making a conscious decision to run at the ref to improve his chances of scoring. I see your point of view however.

Fair enough. I still don't see how he created any space because he was in behind the ball and frawley only cut back because Gutherson over committed. If Gutherson was in better position Frawley would have had to out run him on the outside and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Like I said for most of the game he was poor. The ruck was diabolical. The whole game was a snoozefest and 2 hours I would rather have back

1:15:58

Straight at the ref.

9:45 Bulldogs don't have a lock, only 5 in the scrum. How the hell did the ref miss that?
Saw this last night and thought I must have been seeing things.

9:45 Bulldogs don't have a lock, only 5 in the scrum. How the hell did the ref miss that?
Saw this last night and thought I must have been seeing things.

You don't have to have a lock when you have a sin binned player.

Score one for the good guys! @Dexter

Gold Coast 20 defeat St George Illawarra 10

Big afternoon of footy coming up.

Sydney vs Cronulla
Manly vs Warriors (WA)
Canberra v North Queensland

Can't wait, the chores are all done, only thing left is to fire up the BBQ, have a few glasses of whiskey and buckle up for Super Saturday.

Only minor changes ahead of the Roosters v Sharks clash.

Cronulla: Capewell drops off the bench for Sam Tagataese (#18)

Sydney: Butcher drops off the bench for Kane Evans (#18)

Cronulla have won their past 5 clashes against the Roosters, their biggest challenge heading into the game will be dealing with their dummy half crisis. They've had to sign Adam Clydesdale from the Canberra Raiders to fill the void, but he won't be right to play until their Round 19 clash against the Gold Coast Titans.

Sydney are without their captain Boyd Cordner and lock forward Sio Siua Taukeiaho, two of their best metre earners. They will struggle against a pack boasting the likes of Andrew Fifita, Paul Gallen and Wade Graham.

Super Saturday Tips

Cronulla - Superior record, think they will bounce back after a lethargic performance against the Sea Eagles.
Manly - Too much strike and they're a better cohesive unit. Will be a lot closer than most expect, but Manly will have too much class.
Cowboys - Canberra have a strong record at GIO, but they're not playing good football at the moment and the Cowboys are still one of the strongest ruck teams in the game.

Great game so far, JWH seving it up to Gallen with a bit of his own gruuby stuff.
Val stinking it up again so far.

Val having a much better second 20 mins in this first half.

They're such a resilient side Cronulla.

Just as possession and territory was about to swing, the Sharks capitilise on the Roosters poor fifth tackle options and off the back of some strong carries in the middle, they go wide and Leutele gets on the outside of his man.

26-12, not exactly over yet but that's a comfortable lead for the Sharks.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.