Round 17 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
8972.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]GKDonkey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 28, 2016
Someones salty they missed out on capewell

Such detailed analysis. It was a ball hog play from a noted ball hog. End of.

35.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Jordan - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 27, 2004

Capewell is the biggest ball hog I've ever seen. I was horrified at reports we were going to sign him. Dodged a massive bullet imo

"In layman's terms, Parry is now the top dog in our football department." Laurence Lancini. July 29, 2018 .

So much salt, my blood pressure went through the roof.

90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005

You can't excuse that play.

Why not? If Capewell gives it to Brimson he's hit from behind by Addo-Carr on the spot and potentially loses the ball inside his own half.

90.jpg
1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008
Why not? If Capewell gives it to Brimson he's hit from behind by Addo-Carr on the spot and potentially loses the ball inside his own half.

Be good to see a clip because, for mine, your massively over stating Addo-Carr role in an overlap situation.

35.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Jordan - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 27, 2004
1809.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fozz - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 4, 2008

So much salt, my blood pressure went through the roof.

wickham-dandies-fozz-png.4563

I'm serious. Someone on here had 'mail' that Capewell had signed with the Cowboys. I wasn't at all happy.

He's a massive downgrade from Pangai as well.. Capewell is in no way capable of plays like this

"In layman's terms, Parry is now the top dog in our football department." Laurence Lancini. July 29, 2018 .

90.jpg

Be good to see a clip because, for mine, your massively over stating Addo-Carr role in an overlap situation.

Capewell brushes Addo-Carr away but Addo-Carr stays alive and is right in-line with Brimson when Capewell considers a one handed pass while off-balance.

The pass wouldn't have been the wrong option but it wasn't clear cut.

35.jpg

I'm serious. Someone on here had 'mail' that Capewell had signed with the Cowboys. I wasn't at all happy.

He's a massive downgrade from Pangai as well.. Capewell is in no way capable of plays like this

Tpj doesn’t do the one %’s ever, as far as being a complete back rower goes capewell is way better.

90.jpg
1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008
Capewell brushes Addo-Carr away but Addo-Carr stays alive and is right in-line with Brimson when Capewell considers a one handed pass while off-balance.

The pass wouldn't have been the wrong option but it wasn't clear cut.

If you are not going to pass in that situation, give it up.

1036.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Cowboy Pete - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 25, 2010
what about Braden Ueles try celebration on the weekend!
I thought he decked his teammate for reals
He learnt that at the Mad Cow.

90.jpg

We'd only have a handful of players playing then.

In the context of the match and in that situation it was understandable.

I'll be crying myself to sleep we've signed Capewell as much as you, my Cowboys supporting friend...except mine will be tears of joy.

15879.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Bass Player - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 9, 2016
2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010
It's a cowardly act, like a boxer running away from his opponent.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation
It's the same as tapping it over the dead ball line after a kick to your own in-goal. Granted, it's more extravagant, but the idea and result is the same. Is it cowardly to tap that ball dead? Do you think that players should catch that ball and get smashed by the kick-chase or else they are cowardly?
Once you agree the tactics of tapping out are sound, troubling yourself over the execution seems superfluous.

90.jpg

It was one split second play, why are you so caught up on it? For someone that is so happy you missed out on Capewell you sure talk about him a lot.

90.jpg

I hope Broncos fans aren't expecting and passing game from Capewell, he'd hog a live a grenade rather then throw it.

My 9 yo says "he needs to learn to pass it to the fast guy before he comes here"

I said, "yeah, nah, mate, it's all good....we don't have any fast guys to pass to"

(We went to game 2 and live there was about 4 times Coates was open and the whole stadium was screaming "pass it to Coates!" and now the kid is scarred)

90.jpg
7802.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]broncos4life - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 5, 2011
It was one split second play, why are you so caught up on it? For someone that is so happy you missed out on Capewell you sure talk about him a lot.

alice-evels-png.2549

2015 BHQ Big Brother Winner
2018 SVRL Champion
#BetterNeverStops

I haven't mentioned anything about "happy to miss out on Capewell", I think the way the cross forum formats means you've confused me with somebody else.

I rate him, I just think he is a massive ball hog though.

90.jpg

I haven't mentioned anything about "happy to miss out on Capewell", I think the way the cross forum formats means you've confused me with somebody else.

I rate him, I just think he is a massive ball hog though.

Sorry mate I have mistaken you, withdrawn.

1959.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]StuBoot - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 22, 2010
15879.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Bass Player - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 9, 2016

It's the same as tapping it over the dead ball line after a kick to your own in-goal. Granted, it's more extravagant, but the idea and result is the same. Is it cowardly to tap that ball dead? Do you think that players should catch that ball and get smashed by the kick-chase or else they are cowardly?
Once you agree the tactics of tapping out are sound, troubling yourself over the execution seems superfluous.

Sorry, have to disagree, to say it's the same as tapping it over the dead ball line, really?

Tapping it over the dead ball ( or grounding it in-goal ) is generally the only and best option which they are coached to do.
The opposition controlled the last play and hence you have to react.

When you have the ball on the last tackle 20m from your opponent's try line with less than 20 seconds to go and you're the playmaker that has been trained and coached to close out sets and win games you have a myriad of options. Pretty much any kick you want to taking the tackle to even plain old running over the sideline at a pinch.
You control the last play so trust your skills and instinct.

To me it appears that Walker didn't trust his skills and his instinct was to run away.
Yes, he "managed" the result but he shirked an opportunity to ice the game by not taking one of the many options he would need to take if he was chasing the game.

I'm with @The Who on this one.

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
The backwards run does actually have some potential as an attacking move - can draw some defenders out of a straight line, and next minute you've turned retreat into a dashing try. Don't forget the kid's pedigree, the Walker brothers are very unconventional coaches, young Walker has probably grown up exposed to all kinds of um, different ideas!

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Rambstien
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • Brotherdu
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • dasherhalo
  • leon.bott
  • Skathen
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.