Round 17 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved seeing Sam Walker run 80m backwards to wind down the clock.

Needs to be done more often. The players' job is to win games. He could have gone for the field goal, and he could have missed and it could have come back to haunt them.

What he did ensured that didn't happen. Don't give the opposition a chance, it's smart. The whole "spirit of the game" argument is bullshit.

Bored on a Sunday morning, my first crack at team of the season... so far. This is based on form this season rather than traditional 'best in their position'. Tried to pick blokes in the position they've mostly been playing in club footy rather than trying to fit guys in for the sake of it (e.g Latrell centre).

Basic considerations were # of games played, impact on teams when available, consistency & eye test of games I've watched.

1. Turbo (Manly)
2. To'o (Panthers)
3. Bird (Dragons)
4. Burton (Panthers)
5. Johnston (Souths)
6. C Walker (Souths)
7. Hughes (Storm)
8. JFH (Panthers)
9. B Smith (Storm)
10. JWH (Roosters)
11. I Papali'i (Eels)
12. Schuster (Manly - struggled with this one)
13. Harris (Warriors)

14. Hynes (Storm)
15. Haas (Broncos)
16. Campbell-Gillard (Eels)
17. Crichton (Roosters)

Honourable mentions: Yeo (Panthers), Cleary (Panthers), Garrick (Manly), JAC (Storm), Fotuaika (Titans), D Saifiti (Knights), Luai (Panthers), Gutherson (Eels), CHN (Raiders), Tolman (Sharks), Kolomatangi (Souths), Tupouniua (Roosters), Mahoney (Eels)

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
8282.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]soup - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 1, 2013
I’d say this game was earmarked as a survive or perish type-game. Might be repercussions recruitment and retention-wise.

Cows were going well for a period there, but recent weeks have exposed their true character as a team.

Talking to mates who are die-hard Cow supporters, they are in utter hell at the decision of swapping Clifford to Drearydon.

“What is this life, if full of care, we don’t take time to stand and stare...”

Add me to that list of Cowboys fans who feel that way.

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

32887.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fonzarelli - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 3, 2021
This is the best Brisbane side iv seen in awhile. Tesi nui has been electric at the back. Staggs is a goer and definitely brings confidence.

Should of taken the tap

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
7690.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Bull Shark - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 4, 2008
The 2017 Storm side would abuse this 2021 lineup imo

Not under the current NRL rules.

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

1133.jpg
2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008
It poses a genuine question, was/is Cam Smith overrated? The Storm grubs have actually got better without him.

Formerly Broncospwn

In the regular season, so far so good. They'd have to prove themselves in September/ October, though.

32887.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fonzarelli - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 3, 2021
Wish me luck fella's
index.php

3558.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]globaleagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 7, 2011
oooooh

A bombed try by the broncs. Good to see all teams can do it!

32887.jpg
Maumalo sucks what is he doing

90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005
That was rough on the Tigers, I'm certain the Broncos knocked on in the lead up, and then the 6 again was Tamou chopping Fleger's arm because he was grabbing his jersey.

1133.jpg
1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008
Walsh is such a cat. A talented cat, but a cat nonetheless. Imagine how despised he’d be if he was a bronco.

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

I am unsure how that is Walsh's fault what May did to him.

90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005

That was rough on the Tigers, I'm certain the Broncos knocked on in the lead up, and then the 6 again was Tamou chopping Fleger's arm because he was grabbing his jersey.

I'm not sure what the rule is on the Riki situation. He knocked it forward initially but then tapped it back to Niu. I'm not sure if he has to regain possession again before he's allowed to pass it.

I thought the set restart was pretty lucky as well. Especially since Gamble got away with a clear flop on Pauga the set before.

90.jpg
This Broncos team certainly brings the LOLs to the NRL.

1128.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]paulo_w - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 21, 2011
Maumolo offside there?

In Todd We Trust
*Contains facts and opinions some may find offensive
”I don’t care if I’m the wise man or dumb man-I just want to be the one to make the decision”

90.jpg
Fucking LOL

32887.jpg
:(

2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010
I thought the Donkeys would win this in a canter. How stupid am I?
To concede eight tries to the very ordinary Tugers shows how passive their defence is.
And what a d*ckhead Gamble is. Thinks sledging makes him a good player. Ha.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation

LOL at the crowd. The GC isn't in lockdown, right?

EDIT: Is this because of the dragons or some shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Manlyman
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.