Round 17 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008
They have lost 1 game more than Penrith and Melbourne. They are absolutely premiership threats. All that matters is form in the finals. Melbourne look unbeatable but there's almost two months until we're in the elimination games for the top 4.

Formerly Broncospwn

Souths/Bennett have a terrible record against Melbourne. There is no way they will be winning anything if they need to beat Melbourne. And I don't think they can beat Penrith either.

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
22.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrblonde - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 13, 2012
REACTIONS: 5,233
Well, Warriors fans who think Nathan Brown should be given the flick now can cross Kevin Walters off their list of "Coachs Who'd Be Better", surely...

All Hail Helen Keller, Patron Saint of Rugby League Officials.

If things don't work with Brown, then throw everything and anything at Ciraldo.

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

1133.jpg

Souths/Bennett have a terrible record against Melbourne. There is no way they will be winning anything if they need to beat Melbourne. And I don't think they can beat Penrith either.

My point isn't that they will I think they're a distant third but they are absolutely threats along with Manly and the Eels. Two months is a long time

1133.jpg
I just saw the replay. What the hell was Lachlan Lewis thinking/doing...?

2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010
Bellyache is a genius. He made Brodie Croft look like a good player. I don't know if it is the Brisbane system but Croft is bog average. I don't even think he's as good as Milford.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation

2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010

Bellyache is a genius. He made Brodie Croft look like a good player. I don't know if it is the Brisbane system but Croft is bog average. I don't even think he's as good as Milford.

Even Bellamy couldn't work wonders with him. He tried to limit his role as much as he could. His instructions were to give Kaufusi early ball or play out the back to Hughes. If both Smith and Munster were incapacitated he'd have to kick it into a corner. In defence he was just told to sprint off the line.

He looked good in the beginning but he got exposed early on and Melbourne learned they were just better off putting Hughes there despite never playing first receiver.

The Broncos thought they could make him into their chief playmaker and could organise the team. They even made him a captain in his club debut. They were sorely mistaken.

32887.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fonzarelli - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 3, 2021
He is a genius for getting rid of him and making Hughes a halfback

I'm not sure what the rule is on the Riki situation. He knocked it forward initially but then tapped it back to Niu. I'm not sure if he has to regain possession again before he's allowed to pass it.

I thought the set restart was pretty lucky as well. Especially since Gamble got away with a clear flop on Pauga the set before.

As long as he taps it back before it touches the ground or another player then it’s fine. He doesn't need to regain possession in that instance.

As long as he taps it back before it touches the ground or another player then it’s fine. He doesn't need to regain possession in that instance.

Whilst your correct IMO, was it against us in the Sharks game they called a no try citing a knock on due to the ball travelling forward in the air, despite not contacting the ground or player?

Clearly it was a forward pass and the referees covering themselves in the circumstances of not being allowed to rule on one, but I'd be pissed if I was a sharks fan.

90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005
2179.jpg

I don't recall Brodie Croft (or Curtis Scott for that matter) looking all that flash in their time at Melbourne.

90.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Winger's Fault - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2005
I don't recall Brodie Croft (or Curtis Scott for that matter) looking all that flash in their time at Melbourne.

Scott looked like he was on his way to origin and being one of the best centres in the game.

Whilst your correct IMO, was it against us in the Sharks game they called a no try citing a knock on due to the ball travelling forward in the air, despite not contacting the ground or player?

Clearly it was a forward pass and the referees covering themselves in the circumstances of not being allowed to rule on one, but I'd be pissed if I was a sharks fan.
The ball did touch a player - Ramien.

The knock on was after Katoa lost control.

He bobbled it and then tapped it forward as part of passing the ball.

Riki bobbled it and then tapped it backwards... ie. Riki's last touch was backwards.

If Katoa had batted the ball backwards after bobbling it then it wouldve been play on, instead he batted it 2m forward.

2179.jpg
90.jpg

Well they both won premierships with Melbourne, if my memory is correct, and were good enough for Canberra (Scott) and Brisbane (Croft) to pay overs for each.

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
Well they both won premierships with Melbourne
Scott did, not Croft.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

1133.jpg
2179.jpg

Croft lived off the reputation of a great World Club Challenge game. He never looked that great in the NRL (at least consistently).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ezpz
  • azza.79
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.