PRE-GAME Round 17 - Titans vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Never playing. Which is why i think it was pretty shabby naming him in the first place. He would have had family and friends after tickets to watch him i'd guess and it would be pretty embarrassing. If Wayne wanted to play Staggs, he should have named Staggs from the start imo. Dont tend to bag Wayne, but on this occasion i think its pretty poor from him.
I think you’re letting your relationship with Tom sway your opinion. This sort of thing happens weekly with no complaints

Did Su’A choose the Broncos over Queensland? I like him

He wasn’t available for selection due to injury. Which has led to some people to believe that he can’t play tomorrow even if he is fit due to some rule saying you can’t play NRL in the same week of being ruled out of Origin.

A rule I’m pretty sure doesn’t exist.

I think you’re letting your relationship with Tom sway your opinion. This sort of thing happens weekly with no complaints

What relationship?

I'd be saying the same whoever it was to be quite honest. I can understand changes to a point, but why name somebody who you have absolutely no intention of playing in the first place? I really cant recall a player being picked who was never going to play. Its not like Bennet picked him, didnt think he trained well enough then changed his mind. Tom was never playing. I've seen players swapped position, or player dropped if an injured player comes back early, but i've never seen this kind of thing from Bennett before.

Could be wrong, i just havent seen it.

Last edited:
A rule I’m pretty sure doesn’t exist.

I believe there is a rule similar to that, but it is more along the lines of a fit player turning down rep selection can't play in the same week for their club sides.

What relationship?

I'd be saying the same whoever it was to be quite honest. I can understand changes to a point, but why name somebody who you have absolutely no intention of playing in the first place? I really cant recall a player being picked who was never going to play. Its not like Bennet picked him, didnt think he trained well enough then changed his mind. Tom was never playing. I've seen players swapped position, or player dropped if an injured player comes back early, but i've never seen this kind of thing from Bennett before.

It happens pretty often. Usually to throw teams off who is playing or give a young guy a quiet week away from the media. Or just because the decision wasn’t made until the end of the week. You’re making it a thing because you like Opacic.

What relationship?

Bennett has done it several times this season.

One example is Round 8 vs Rabbitohs. Originally named Tagataese in the 14 and dropped him for Haas.

It happens pretty often. Usually to throw teams off who is playing or give a young guy a quiet week away from the media. Or just because the decision wasn’t made until the end of the week. You’re making it a thing because you like Opacic.

Mate, thats Bullshit quite honestly. As much as i like Tom as a player, i like others exactly the same. Staggs and Kahu are two of them ( Corey is my favourite, he's Dreamy ) and i have said from the very first game this season i'd have Kahu at left center over any of our other options. I can genuinely say i'd be disappointed if any player had that kind of thing done to them.

Bennett has done it several times this season.

One example is Round 8 vs Rabbitohs. Originally named Tagataese in the 14 and dropped him for Haas.

Without sounding like a know it all, i do know quite a few of the players personally and this has never happened at all from knowledge in the last 3 or 4 years. The Tagatese thing did happen ( and it has with others probably ), but that was more Bennett changing his mind late in the day. That i do agree happens, and i'd say he sees Staggs as a better, less disruptive option for the team by dropping him in directly for Roberts on the right rather than blooding a new left side ( even though its a combination that plays together on the left for Reddy ). Totally different from him naming a player he knew he wasnt picking, and thats whats happened here.

He's played there before, would damaging with the ball, defensive reads would be the only question.

Courier Mail have Staggs at center and Fifita on the bench ...

Sounds like Opacic's time here is pretty much finished. He's already got Roberts, Kahu and Bird ahead of him, and now Staggs too.

Without sounding like a know it all, i do know quite a few of the players personally and this has never happened at all from knowledge in the last 3 or 4 years. The Tagatese thing did happen ( and it has with others probably ), but that was more Bennett changing his mind late in the day. That i do agree happens, and i'd say he sees Staggs as a better, less disruptive option for the team by dropping him in directly for Roberts on the right rather than blooding a new left side ( even though its a combination that plays together on the left for Reddy ). Totally different from him naming a player he knew he wasnt picking, and thats whats happened here.

The thing is, Tagataese was named for ISC that week. Haas was not.

Bennett knew he wasn't going to be playing Tagataese.

Sounds like Opacic's time here is pretty much finished. He's already got Roberts, Kahu and Bird ahead of him, and now Staggs too.

You would think that, yet Bennett talked him out of leaving. Seems odd to me.

The thing is, Tagataese was named for ISC that week. Haas was not.

Bennett knew he wasn't going to be playing Tagataese.

That does happen a fair bit though, the ISC sides that get named are always all over the place, its so difficult to read anything from them. I've seen players named for Reddy who were also named in the Broncos 17 as well.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.