10. Ben Hannant
11. Dane Carlaw
12. Brad Thorn
13. Terry Matterson

14. PJ Marsh
15. Paul Stephenson
16. John Te Reo
17. Tom Learoyd Lahrs

Sailor at fullback? Can he pass or do a sweep play?

Sailor at fullback? Can he pass or do a sweep play?

Sailor played a number of positions during his career, I doubt fullback would be a stretch and Sailor was always the type of player up and thrived for a challenge, Kemp would probably be the next best option. Looking into it he played fullback for Queensland back in 1996 in his second game.

Last edited:
Steve Michaels brings back memories of a really ordinary chapter in our clubs history. I feel bad that he blew out his knee (thanks to that uncoordinated dickhead Nigel Vagana), but he was so awful after he came back that we were literally cutting him out of every play. I can't for the life of me remember why we persisted with him for so long.
He looked really promising in 2007 and early 2008 before the injury. I don't know if that's what killed him or he would have been exposed later on anyway, but it certainly didn't help and I guess we were hopeful he'd go back to being that promising player he was before.

I think we will win. But if They have Taylor on board, we might struggle to put them away.
If we start the way we finished it will be no worries. If we finish the way we did last time against them, we are doomed to mediocrity.
Consistency has been our biggest problem all season. It comes from having young, unsettled halves that can't put on a game with both of them firing, young forwards (just the nature of a young forward), and a back line lacking organisation.
What really worries me is the lack of leadership from our older players at times, particularly our forwards.
Maguire needed to step up in that first half, as did sims (granted it's his first game back). I didn't see the raiders game as I now have my father to look after, but from the radio, we seemed directionless in the first half.
If anything these young forwards coming into the game are lifting the older forwards rather than the other way around. That needs to rectified soon.
The talent we now have there, our forwards should able to dominste, not just match lesser packs.

Absolutely agree Thelmus, I've been critical of this team and its coach for that reason this year. Its a talent pool that hasn't been successfully put together,despite injuries. Sometimes you get the feeling from watching them they bring their training run to match day ,and the players think its enough to win them the game. Its about a better game plan and so, I believe an era for a new coach is just about here , a new broom sweeps clean as they say . As a consequence Corey Oates may test the market elsewhere, and as we've seen Broncos players leave and then can bring more to other clubs in their performances. Perhaps Kevvie Walters knew better and so he opted out ?. If they have a bad season ,so be it however this is a good team, underdone by injuries sure ,but also their tactics and organisation have me wondering. Bellyache would be just the sort of coach to turn this around I'm sure, look at the consistency of the Storm and the depth of players they've had over time . They need a rocket up their arse fullstop .

I expect changes from the team named Tuesday.

I expect changes from the team named Tuesday.

1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Kahu
5. Isaako
6. Milford
21. Scarlett
8. Lodge
7. Nikorima
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
15. Pangai Jr
13. Ofahengaue

9. Turpin
14. Mago
16. Sims
17. Staggs

Scarlett gets a run at Halfback, Su'A gets an extra week off to recover from his concussion last week. Lock it in Eddie.

1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Kahu
5. Isaako
6. Milford
21. Scarlett
8. Lodge
7. Nikorima
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
15. Pangai Jr
13. Ofahengaue

9. Turpin
14. Mago
16. Sims
17. Staggs

Scarlett gets a run at Halfback, Su'A gets an extra week off to recover from his concussion last week. Lock it in Eddie.

Unlock it mate.

Cant say too much, but it's going to be a change in the backs and somebody is going to drop out totally.

Kodi dropped for Scarlett would be the dream, but I'd say that's unlikely..

I'll go with Opacic out of the 17 w/ Staggs starting in the centres and Fifita on to the bench as my guess.

Kodi dropped for Scarlett would be the dream, but I'd say that's unlikely..

I'll go with Opacic out of the 17 w/ Staggs starting in the centres and Fifita on to the bench as my guess.

either that or Pearson to drop out completely ... Opacic to wing and Staggs to center

Su'A is likely going to drop out.

either that or Pearson to drop out completely ... Opacic to wing and Staggs to center
If that were the case, Opacic would be the slowest Bronco winger since Kaine Manihera. I don't see it happening.

If that were the case, Opacic would be the slowest Bronco winger since Kaine Manihera. I don't see it happening.

he has played Opacic on the wing before

I would prefer kahu to the wing but this seems more likely

Active Now

• Xzei
  • barker
  • davidp
  • Lurker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • levikaden
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.