PRE-GAME Round 17 - Titans vs Broncos

Didn't Turpin just injure his ankle again?

Yeah, I'm excited to see how Turpin will go. No idea how good he is or anything, hopefully he has more attack in him than McCullough.

He's an ex half so he's creative four try assists this year- kicks out of dummy half- His long and short kicking game is strong. Four line drop outs this year in his five games and kicked long for 409m.

Minutes are up after coming back via the bench. Minus last week which was only 18 minutes. He's a great defender bit like Mick Ryan has good technique.

He's an ex half so he's creative four try assists this year- kicks out of dummy half- His long and short kicking game is strong. Four line drop outs this year in his five games and kicked long for 409m.

Minutes are up after coming back via the bench. Minus last week which was only 18 minutes. He's a great defender bit like Mick Ryan has good technique.
Cool.

So this will probably be the only time he starts for us then [emoji53]

Last edited:
Opacic starting over Staggs, Glenn starting over TPJ.

Wayne....Why? Just, why?

Redcliffe are going to be weakened this week with us calling up all their players. We have taken their left edge backs, their right center and hooker!

Opacic starting over Staggs, Glenn starting over TPJ.

Wayne....Why? Just, why?

Simple, Pearson and Opacic are Redcliffe left edge, they know each others games and have an established combination. They scored 3 tries between them on Sunday and looked really good. TPJ is coming back from injury and Glenn was probably our best player on the weekend. MAkes total sense. That and we need bench impact.

Last edited:
Simple, Pearson and Opacic are Redcliffe left edge, they know each others games and have an established combination. They scored 3 tries between them on Sunday and looked really good. TPJ is coming back from injury and Glenn was probably our best player on the weekend. MAkes total sense. That and we need bench impact.

I don't know about you, but considering the history of both players in first grade, I'm not exactly optimistic about putting them together on the one side.

I don't know about you, but considering the history of both players in first grade, I'm not exactly optimistic about putting them together on the one side.

They have done Ok in first grade imo. Pearson was being raved about ( a bit like Staggs tbh, and people want him thrown in ) when he first made the side. He had a really poor game against Parra last year ( wasnt the only one either, they smashed us ) and people have written him off totally for some reason. Toms another who has done OK, nothing spectacular, this year, but fairly solid. He suffers a bit from having to babysit Milf imo, Wayne has him playing too defensive and not playing his own game. Have a look at them for Redcliffe ( and yes, i know its a lower standard ) they are different players. I think both have suffered from no consistent runs in the side and they havent been helped by us being so poor across the board at times. In more confident Broncos outfits a couple of years ago, they looked a lot better players.

Interesting might be nothing, Opacic has been named for Redcliffe and staggs hasn’t.

Thought if dargan was any chance this weekend would have been it but not even in the 21

Interesting might be nothing, Opacic has been named for Redcliffe and staggs hasn’t.

Thought if dargan was any chance this weekend would have been it but not even in the 21

I wouldnt read too much into the teamlists for ISC. They are never right. Everytime i look at Redcliffes early in the week its totally different on game day.

Edit, just had a look, and neither are named to go to PNG along with Pearson and Turpin.
http://live.qrl.com.au/match/748c4389df13312ed/73e769cc1c1d19be9

Last edited:
Not sure the thought process of Master Coach for majority of the season but I notice that we've been playing with 15 or max 16 players each game. Our 17th player doesn't get any minutes at all and our 16th player (irrespective of the number on their jumper) doesn't get any minutes either.

I do not understand why Mago keeps getting named at 14 when he doesn't contribute much at all. He barely stays on the field and don't have any sort of impact. He could very easily be replaced with Carrigan or even give Fifita another chance just to get him more confident. In all honesty, Fifita did not do any harm v Raiders infact, he excelled in it and deserves to be in 17. Carrigan too deserves a chance and I reckon it's about time to find out what he can offer.

There are 2 teams I want the boys to flog this season - Titans & Manly. They served us @Suncorp & it's our time to flog them miserably. Whenever we play any other team, I want the boys to win but against these 2 teams, I want FLOGGING! Could be a nice way to get into the +ve on the ladder board.

Come on guys, flog the Titans!

Not sure the thought process of Master Coach for majority of the season but I notice that we've been playing with 15 or max 16 players each game. Our 17th player doesn't get any minutes at all and our 16th player (irrespective of the number on their jumper) doesn't get any minutes either.

I do not understand why Mago keeps getting named at 14 when he doesn't contribute much at all. He barely stays on the field and don't have any sort of impact. He could very easily be replaced with Carrigan or even give Fifita another chance just to get him more confident. In all honesty, Fifita did not do any harm v Raiders infact, he excelled in it and deserves to be in 17. Carrigan too deserves a chance and I reckon it's about time to find out what he can offer.

There are 2 teams I want the boys to flog this season - Titans & Manly. They served us @Suncorp & it's our time to flog them miserably. Whenever we play any other team, I want the boys to win but against these 2 teams, I want FLOGGING! Could be a nice way to get into the +ve on the ladder board.

Come on guys, flog the Titans!
Agree about naming someone on the bench and then not finding a way to get them on the field.

I understand there are times when it just doesn’t work out, but carrying a centre (who can maybe play second row) on the bench doesn’t really provide much flexibility.

Also agree it’d be nice to see Carrigan given a run (I think his form and numbers warrant it) and Fifita given a few more runs too - ease them both in.

Can’t agree about Mago though. He pretty much defined impact last week, running for more than 10m per carry and over 100m in all. That’s a bench impact forward right there.

I agree he needs more match fitness, but he’s only going to get NRL match fitness playing NRL. I’m not saying he’s the next JTII, but JTII had to start somewhere. Look even closer to home at TPJ, he has taken a good couple of years to start to really find consistency.

I think Mago deserves the same perseverance. In time, he could be another damaging middle forward with a solid motor.

Last edited:

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dexter
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Skathen
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • Gaz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.