PRE-GAME Round 17 - Titans vs Broncos

There's so much talent there with pearson. It's been frustrating how he has never really nailed it. I know there are others probably more deserving, but it's hard to draw a line under him, given it, and what he does so consistantly at q cup.
Someone really needs to mentor him with the way he approaches nrl games. If he could get his head straight, he'd be some player.

Good to know the q cup form is solid but I’d expect to see more after 10 games albeit spread over 3 years. His only hit out this year was rubbish IMO but he’s not on his own there. I’ll stick with him then on that basis. A stinker this weekend would see me out though.

There is a big jump or qcup to nrl so players just aren’t made out for it and Pearson could be 1 of those players.

Pearson seems intent on me making me look bad - every game in the last two seasons he’s been average to poor. I still think there’s a great player in him and really want him to do well, but he does need to take his chances when they come because they won’t last forever with Shibasaki and whoever else is on that fringe

Pearson was actually really solid up until that game where he put on the skates. Since then, the few games he's had, he's been very poor.

Whether Q-Cup has built up his confidence again is yet to be seen.

Pearson does have some talent ... just needs to remember to pack the footy boots instead of ice skates

I just think Jonas has been a little unfortunate he has generally played when the team has stunk it up as well, that Parra game being the prime example. Doesnt help he is stuck behind Oates.

Just scared myself thinking How many many chances we gave maranta. Based on that we should get behind him and give him some decent opportunity. This Sunday is perfect

Pearson could be an absolute gun but can't become anything if confidence is shot...and don't know how to skate.

I just think Jonas has been a little unfortunate he has generally played when the team has stunk it up as well, that Parra game being the prime example. Doesnt help he is stuck behind Oates.
I can't really recall when he's been given a continued stint in first grade either. Maybe early on he got 2-3 games in a row, but since then it's been one off games and jumping between the left and right wings.

Very difficult to demonstrate ability under those circumstances as well.

I still hold out hope for him though and see a decent footy player in there.

Round17Team

Interesting that Ofahengaue is starting at 13 instead of TPJ ...

my guess is Bennett wants the extra impact off the bench that TPJ can bring

I'm guessing it has something to do with his rib cartilage injury.

Both players provide plenty of impact off the bench.

I'm really hoping Turpin takes the chance by Storm (get it?), the Broncs need someone to put pressure on Macca.

I really hope we arent going to use Staggs as an interchange for a center unless there is an injury. Its as much of a waste as not bringing on somebody on the bench like we did on Saturday.

Yeah, I'm excited to see how Turpin will go. No idea how good he is or anything, hopefully he has more attack in him than McCullough.

I really hope we arent going to use Staggs as an interchange for a center unless there is an injury. Its as much of a waste as not bringing on somebody on the bench like we did on Saturday.
Maybe he is there to give Turpin a spell ... I doubt he will be able to play 80 on debut at hooker

Active Now

• Galah
  • Fozz
  • Scorchie
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • porouian
  • Stix
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Maddy
  • Mr Fourex
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.