PRE-GAME Round 17 - Titans vs Broncos

I thought Dargan didn't do enough yesterday to control the game, they had a big lead and things were going well then Souths start coming back and not a try in the second half to let it all go to hell.
Fortunately Milf would be the player producing miracles when the team needs it. Dargan just needs to kick to corners and pass ok to be better than our current option, which he certainly did yesterday.

Going to this game with my old man and hoping that it will at least be a decent hitout but with players on SOO duty I'll enjoy spending the day out with him more probably then the actual match.
Good on you. I've got my dad with me now for good. He's struggling with his memory, and is slowly losing his mobility (although he had a huge scare in the last week).
Enjoy your time with him whilst you can, things can go pear shape at the end faster than you think. Im doing my best to give it a red hot go but I can see time, and it's affect is against me.

Well, I did jump the gun a little three weeks ago but we may just put together a winning streak. Our remaining draw isn't too bad and winning becomes a habit....no matter, I do think Nikorima and Milford can delude themselves long enough for that to happen.

Nikorima and Milford will always be little more than speedbumps defensively but if they can believe they are top shelf attacking halves then it can be enough, score more than you let by is a winning formula. For that to happen they will either have to genuinely believe they are that good or fool, delude themselves that they are, both can be effective. We see the power of a false belief daily( religion, politics, climate deniers etc) and whether it's true or not, on occasion it makes little difference.

The rest of the team is good enough, I can't see anywhere else we are weak and that includes Boyd and his leadership. I think the Broncos are in good shape and getting better, I believe they found something a month ago and it will sustain a good run.
Milford has been epic in defence lately. Pulling of multiple try savers a few times this year, more then any other player i can think of outside of maybe victor radley and roger tuivasa sheck

Well, I did jump the gun a little three weeks ago but we may just put together a winning streak. Our remaining draw isn't too bad and winning becomes a habit....no matter, I do think Nikorima and Milford can delude themselves long enough for that to happen.

Nikorima and Milford will always be little more than speedbumps defensively but if they can believe they are top shelf attacking halves then it can be enough, score more than you let by is a winning formula. For that to happen they will either have to genuinely believe they are that good or fool, delude themselves that they are, both can be effective. We see the power of a false belief daily( religion, politics, climate deniers etc) and whether it's true or not, on occasion it makes little difference.

The rest of the team is good enough, I can't see anywhere else we are weak and that includes Boyd and his leadership. I think the Broncos are in good shape and getting better, I believe they found something a month ago and it will sustain a good run.

Dude can u please send me a package with what you are on cause it sounds great. About 12 more wins to make about 14 straight give or take to meet your goal. All while manufacturing consistent halves out of nowhere and not seeing a single other weakness in this team. There is belief and there is delusion.

Mind you as a fan hope you are a prophet and not a madman.

Dude can u please send me a package with what you are on cause it sounds great. About 12 more wins to make about 14 straight give or take to meet your goal. All while manufacturing consistent halves out of nowhere and not seeing a single other weakness in this team. There is belief and there is delusion.

Mind you as a fan hope you are a prophet and not a madman.
The truth is every season there are teams who are in top form early ,middle or later on in the year. Only late season form counts though in the finals, rarely is a team in good form over the whole season like Melbourne a year or two back. I was thinking we might go on a run late in the season after an early stop start effort. I just see small improvement and we are getting proven performers coming back after helpful breaks.

It's just the little improvements like Lodge for instance, recently badly hurt ribs and negativity around his actions contrasted with his ribs hurting him less and less and his future becoming settled and rosier. Perhaps Bird may be making quiet progress away from prying and scornful eyes, he may yet hit the ground running, late and refreshed.

Guys like Sua, TPJ and Offa all going well and keen as hell, Gillette getting closer and he's proven and bound to be refreshed, hopefully unaffected psychologically. We've much to be happy with and maybe WBs faith and support of Nikorima will help Niko believe in himself enough to be an adequate halfback. It definitely can happen.

Fortunately Milf would be the player producing miracles when the team needs it. Dargan just needs to kick to corners and pass ok to be better than our current option, which he certainly did yesterday.

Six missed tackles don’t help either.

I would like to see him standing out more. I liked Brennan’s logic last week when they asked him what all his high profile players have to do in ISC to be picked again for NRL.

If I take my grandma who knows nothing about league and she says he’s awesome why is he playing ISC and not NRL then you can come back.

So Roberts, Oates, Macca and Moose are out for this game. That's some decent strike power missing there. Gonna need some youngsters to step it up. I think Niko has to go to dummy half this game and Bennett give Dargan a run in the halves.

so with the Origin teams now announced, i think we'll line up like:

1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Kahu
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Murphy
10. Thaiday
11. Pangai Jnr
12. Su'A
13. McGuire

14. Staggs
15. Ofahengue
16. Glenn
17. Sims

1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Kahu
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Murphy
10. Thaiday
11. Pangai Jnr
12. Su'A
13. McGuire

14. Staggs
15. Ofahengue
16. Glenn
17. Sims

McGuire is in origin, so TPJ lock and glenn starting?

Murphy is injured- hasn't played in three weeks.

1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Kahu
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Murphy
10. Thaiday
11. Pangai Jnr
12. Su'A
13. McGuire

14. Staggs
15. Ofahengue
16. Glenn
17. Sims

Pearson and Opacic were really strong for Redcliffe yesterday on their left side. Pearson one try and 1 assist, Opacic 2 tries and 2 assists. Staggs got 2 tries as well as his kicking goals. Opacic and Staggs are a really strong center pairing for Redcliffe.

Thank God this game is after June 30 so the tits can't sign a couple of our juniors to cover for Wallace and Arrow.

Su'A was unavailable to be selected for Queensland, which likely means he's unavailable for the Broncos this weekend according to Chris Garry, probably being cautious with the head knock. We could have a very interesting team for this game..

1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Opacic
4. Kahu
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Cronin
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jr
13. Ofahengaue

14. Staggs
15. Sims
16. Mago
17. Fifita

Can't edit my post because the site appears to be pooping itself, but it could also be Jake Turpin at Hooker, I'm not sure if either of them are in our top 30 though.

Can't edit my post because the site appears to be pooping itself, but it could also be Jake Turpin at Hooker, I'm not sure if either of them are in our top 30 though.

We still had one spot according to Chris Garry so wouldn’t be too hard ,
Maybe Niko to hooker and someone else to Hb

For now you can right click the edit button -> Open in new tab and get the editor working that way until it's fixed.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.