[Round 18, 2021] Broncos vs Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers are garbage. I think even a Seibold led Broncos would beat them.

i beg to differ

Capture

Any signing announcements expected after origin?

Sweet.

I haven't been to a double header in years. I'm looking forward to going to both games.

I'm not going to both games. Pain the arse sitting in seats for two games in a row and I certainly don't want to see the Panthers winning. Mybe halftime for Panthers/Warriors?

Cause I thought that would make for the funniest comment.

I’m definitely not a fan of Staggs at 6 either. I think a 5/8 should probably play 6. I actually don’t think Staggs and Isaako would be much different there but if I had to choose 1 it would probably be Staggs just because I think he’s the better player of the 2.
You don't think that the fact that Isaako has played in the position before might make him just as likely, if not more so to be able to play the position? I don't know what Staggs history is with the 5/8 role. Anyway, it is just hypothetical.

You don't think that the fact that Isaako has played in the position before might make him just as likely, if not more so to be able to play the position? I don't know what Staggs history is with the 5/8 role. Anyway, it is just hypothetical.

I've seen enough of Isaako to be convinced that he wouldn’t be a good option there, but I really don’t want to slip into a false dichotomy here because I really do think both Isaako or Staggs would be poor options.

We’ve had an extended viewing of Isaako’s passing ability, and decision making and both really let him down considering his other talents. The few times I’ve seen him kick in play have been the wrong choice or poorly executed too. He’s demonstrated a very poor grasp on game management.

While I don’t particularly think Staggs blows Isaako out of the water in these aspects, he is at least somewhat unknown so I can’t make a definitive statement on how I think he’ll perform. He has shown some ability there in the few games he’s played there but they were far from convincing. I generally just think Staggs is a much better player than Isaako and though both are outside backs imo, that difference in ability would have me pick Staggs over Isaako at 5/8.

I think Staggs may work to an extent with the right halfback but that opens us to being back in the position of having a one dimensional 5/8 who needs the exact right halves partner and conditions to succeed, and I think that is a bad move from the club. I’d much rather Staggs stay at centre and an actual 5/8 be sourced or developed.

Was just watching a replay of Origin3 and an nrl backed ad came on .

They used the exact same phrase that I'd used several times on here. When I wrote the phrase it was in relation with how I'd train the Broncos( in my fantasy coaching world)
The phrase was 'No one runs alone'. I wrote how I'd hammer it in to them that every hit up is supported, must be supported. It looks like Melbourne must have something like that because they always have players in motion.

It was funny seeing a guy, playing the role of coach to an nrl team telling his guys 'no one runs alone'. Sure, it was about depression but it makes me wonder, did someone read those words and think, that 's a useful phrase to apply here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.