vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all danger games mate, no free wins in the NRL.

ivan-cleary-blowing-kiss.gif

Hes 19 coming back from an ACL injury that happened as an 18 year old. This is his first year of senior footy as an adult. What are you expecting from a teenager playing against elite male athletes?
I 100% get that and realise we shouldn't have expected him to play great, just solid. Thats all I wanted or expected and for the most part got.

However, there was one moment that massively disappointed me. Him getting shrugged off by suli 5m out for sulis try. I get sulis strong and breaks tackles but that close to the line, particularly from a prop on any centre, is inexcusable if we want this team to thrive and a lesson I hope Walters drills into him...

I 100% get that and realise we shouldn't have expected him to play great, just solid. Thats all I wanted or expected and for the most part got.

However, there was one moment that massively disappointed me. Him getting shrugged off by suli 5m out for sulis try. I get sulis strong and breaks tackles but that close to the line, particularly from a prop on any centre, is inexcusable if we want this team to thrive and a lesson I hope Walters drills into him...
Suli made about 4 defenders look amateur on that run.

Suli made about 4 defenders look amateur on that run.
I think Walters and niu have solid reasons tbf. Walters didn't have a chance bcos willison was thrown into his path, no fullback would have been able to handle the situation niu had (although they may have been due to poor anticipation and positioning tbf).

Riki however was poor as well. He stood on his heels even after he saw the space open and willison get thrown off. I don't think riki has been as bad as some people make out but if robati played that game and against the titans and outplayed him (which I think he would) I think he could have and should have been replaced by him. He's just lucky with hosking doesn't have the runs on the board, and piakura is injury prone, and robatis injury timing...

Tino could possibly be out for his high shot on Burton tonight.

It doesn't look good for him.

Didn’t they bring in a system where origin doesn’t impact club games re charges ?

Didn’t they bring in a system where origin doesn’t impact club games re charges ?

If the MRC deem it to be a minor incident, then he just gets charged a percentage of his match fee. If they deem it to be serious enough to miss games, they can still issue suspensions.

Ennis is cracking the shits over him dragging Burton out of his bashing from Gagai... so he's probably going to get reported for that as well.

NSWRL will be torn... on one hand Tino plays the broncos on Saturday and they need him, but on the other NSWRL is cracking the shits and whinging.

Tino facing two charges from the Origin, but will be free to play. the maximum penalty he will face is a grand total of 30% of his match fee.

he's been charged with a grade 1 dangerous contact (7-10% of match fee) and a grade 2 careless high tackle (13 - 20% of match fee)

Tino facing two charges from the Origin, but will be free to play. the maximum penalty he will face is a grand total of 30% of his match fee.

he's been charged with a grade 1 dangerous contact (7-10% of match fee) and a grade 2 careless high tackle (13 - 20% of match fee)

If that were Flegler, he'd be looking at a 2 match ban

If it was a cork in the calf maybe .
Strain , will be a few weeks yet . Calf strain are notorious for reoccurrence . Especially when trying to come back from .
You've missed the context of my post. It was a response to an earlier post, not a comment about Jensen's particular type of injury.

Ennis is cracking the shits over him dragging Burton out of his bashing from Gagai... so he's probably going to get reported for that as well.

NSWRL will be torn... on one hand Tino plays the broncos on Saturday and they need him, but on the other NSWRL is cracking the shits and whinging.
It wasn’t a good look to be honest. I had a bit of an argument with NSW supporters about whether or not it was dog. I was always taught playing footy growing up that you always grab the opponent and not your own player because if you grab your own player he can’t defend himself against punches - I think what made it “dog” is that Gagai should’ve stopped throwing them once Burton had been grabbed.

Burton was being flogged either way so hes lucky anyone broke it up, even if he copped a few extras on the way down

What's the word on Selwyn?

Is there a rule set down where he has to sit out a set number of days after being left motionless due to a concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Volvo Driver
  • Midean
  • lynx000
  • kiwibronco
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.