Night
19:35

Dolphins

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Damn, he was where my head went to as a Riki fill-in.
What about Tyler coburn? You had him slated as a potential hidden gem in the preseason, is he playing well and able to be called up?
Does anyone know what happened to shalom o’ofou? He looked the goods in the trials and seems to have vanished. Haven’t seen him in any qcup team lists.
Kobe is one of my favourite players, but can he play on the edge as competently as he does in the middle? Staggs a Smokey, and would love to get mariner or hoeter more game time too as a result.

Massive fan and Coburn has thrived at Souths. But sadly because of an operation he didn't get to finish the Broncos pre-season and get a trial so isn't with the Broncos.

Didn't play until round four and is a working machine. Played 80 minutes in 11/12 games and the 12th was 78 minutes.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Meh, Melbourne moved Nelson to the edge, and that worked out fine.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Meh, Melbourne moved Nelson to the edge, and that worked out fine.
Different reasons and different type of player.

I think that only works because Melbourne have their line sorted, because he would be an easy target for the backs to run around him elsewhere given how big he is.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Not all minutes are the same, the position those minutes are in is what you look at first.

Reducing minutes is not exactly something we can afford atm now though due to lack of depth with 3 Forwards out, there is already noticable drops when both of them come off the field.

I think if your going to rest them you do it on the game after Origin or you can't till the next one.

I hope Kevvie learns from Round 17 because Walsh shouldn't of played 100%, Physically he was fine but he needed time to Mentally unwind after that series winning game 2.
We have no shortages of middles. We can absolutely reduce their minutes in games like this. Jensen, Palasia, Tapau and Willison can all play longer minutes.

An injury to Haas/Carrigan is more detrimental to the teams chances to win the comp than losing a few games during origin period.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Pretty well over the whole Walsh thing but like Kemps take here

Nobody understands it. Just let Annesley explain it, the media beat it up as the right thing and give the dribblers a few catchphrases to parrot and it'll be old news in a week.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
At this weeks presser anytime Badel says anything can Kev just ignore him.
Imagine if Walsh came out or did a social media post about how Badel looks, imagine the sanction from the NRL, the backlash..
Hopefully Kev wipes him, sick of his shit

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Anyone here a regular attendee at the Gabba for Lions or Cricket?

Where's the best place to park that doesn't cost a fortune?

We book ahead and park just down from the XXXX brewery at Suncorp for $15 so around that sorta price/distance would be great. Thanks!

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
At this weeks presser anytime Badel says anything can Kev just ignore him.
Imagine if Walsh came out or did a social media post about how Badel looks, imagine the sanction from the NRL, the backlash..
Hopefully Kev wipes him, sick of his shit

He should. We've seen Wayne do this with scumbag journo's in the past, call them out on their bullshit then refuse to talk to them.

Kempy is spot on. Regardless of if he did or didnt do it, the process seems shocking. There is no way they can prove anything.

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I would play Cobbo at fullback for this game and bring in Mariner for another run om the wing.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I would play Cobbo at fullback for this game and bring in Mariner for another run om the wing.

Sailor deserves another go at fullback.

besides Cobbo seems to still be hampered by that hip injury ... we don't need to give him more running at fullback.

if you want Mariner to get another game, i'd be resting Cobbo to get that injury sorted.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
Nah Cobbo looks either injured, unfit or both. They should either rest him if still injured or stick him in Q Cup till his fitness levels are restored. Arthurs or Mariner should take his wing spot till he returns.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Cobbo had a decent fist at FB during the Panthers game but he wasn't outstanding. He's also hampered by an injury (hopefully, not just being a slack bastard). Just rest him and play Arthars on the wing with Sailor at FB.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Id be in favour of playing Cobbo at fullback but he doesn't look fit to me and he would need to do more running at the back. Sailor is the safe option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kman
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Manofoneway
  • Shane Tronc
  • Alec
  • Kev_Guz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.