Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
That includes origin so he'll only miss two for us.

He needs to cool his jets anyway, he was carrying on like a pork chop all game against the titans.

NRL.com have him listed to return in round 22.

that would mean he'll miss 3 x Broncos games; 1 x Bye; 1 x Origin game

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
That includes origin so he'll only miss two for us.

He needs to cool his jets anyway, he was carrying on like a pork chop all game against the titans.
So was Verrills though.

You don’t get 3 game suspensions for questioning a refs calls

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
You dramatically underestimate the work Riki has been doing this year in defence especially on our kick chases. He leads the line in that regards.
His kick chases are the best I’ve seen since Peter Ryan.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
You dramatically underestimate the work Riki has been doing this year in defence especially on our kick chases. He leads the line in that regards.

Willison is no slouch in defence (very high tackle efficiency) and he's a very strong runner of the ball.

I think you're underestimating the job Willison could do for us, especially when we're in an attacking zone.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
Luai gets a fine for pushing a ref and Walsh gets 3 weeks for alleged verbal abuse. Sounds about right for the NswRL. If it really happened Butler should have sent him off.

Funny how the NswRL seem to have to make an example when it's a Broncos player but go more than lenient when it's a Sydney based team player.

Will Chris Butler be dropped for a week for not sending Walsh off and incorrectly penalising Flegler and putting him on report?

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Not big into conspiracies but the way the found him guilty is very dodgy. They said they had to prove his guilt, I don't see they did.
They dodged it by saying that his conduct was contrary and he had shown in multiple incidents in the game that he was questioning the ref leading to him approaching the ref aggressively at the end. They led the whole thing astray going into him swearing at the ref, etc. and tbf he put himself in that position.

It was a foregone conclusion. Was always going to be a suspension.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
They dodged it by saying that his conduct was contrary and he had shown in multiple incidents in the game that he was questioning the ref leading to him approaching the ref aggressively at the end. They led the whole thing astray going into him swearing at the ref, etc. and tbf he put himself in that position.

It was a foregone conclusion. Was always going to be a suspension.
I agree he was being charged no matter what evidence or lack of was produced.

So every time we see Moses and Gutherson run at a ref when a decision doesn't go their way they will be charged for contrary conduct? I think seeing players run at a ref is much worse because this something kids see happening and will copy.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
He was never going to get off, he was always going to cop something otherwise the NRL would look stupid for the MRC even referring it to the Judiciary, Vlando wouldn't want that.

Its just another fantastic opportunity for the NRL to show us via media circus who is boss and demonstrate their awesomeness and superiority over the uncultured savages north of border in QLD.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Not big into conspiracies but the way the found him guilty is very dodgy. They said they had to prove his guilt, I don't see they did.
two ***** got the verdict wrong imo,ah well win in spite of the shitting ruling,side note could someone inform anasta that arey is the captain of the broncos not patty lol
3 shit stains on 360 last night with gordon sounding the most reasonable

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
two ***** got the verdict wrong imo,ah well win in spite of the shitting ruling,side note could someone inform anasta that arey is the captain of the broncos not patty lol
3 shit stains on 360 last night with gordon sounding the most reasonable
Although I strongly suggest people stop watching this show, it will be interesting to get Gordie's reaction to this sham.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Although I strongly suggest people stop watching this show, it will be interesting to get Gordie's reaction to this sham.
His opinion is that if the ref feels like it was directed at him then he's guilty... so I'd say he'll go along with that line of thinking.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Because he gives a shit out there on the field. He's a guy that really hates losing and those are the type of players you want on your team.
Yep we all agree with this but Reece needs to find a way to deal with adversity better because it's going to happen.
He also needs to understand how his actions can harm the team and result even more by pissing off the ref.
50 50s will go against us, if there's a potential sin bin it maybe turns into a certain binning.
There's only 1 winner in those situations, on top of that he's not the captain so stfu Reece.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
As much as I think they have done us a favour I can't get over the aggressive approach from NSW media.
It's one thing commenting on will he won't he be suspended another thing completely saying he's a liar and should be suspended before any evidence was heard.
They have dropped the pretence of being impartial.
Where was the forensic analysis of Mika Sevos' arm lift to Isaakos head like they did with Tino.? A far worse incident.
Sivos hit was with the non ball carrying arm and hit him square in the jaw but only a fine.
I'm really hating NSW even more this year and I didn't think it was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lozza
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.