PRE-GAME [Round 18, 2023] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
again how often do Broncos players end up in front of the judiciary ... we normally take the early guilty plea (even on cases we sho9uld fight)

Carrigan had Johnson, Perenara and Bellow.

Ref's are important on the panel, they add context and experience to situations and a perspective that former players and coaches can't offer. The legal stuff is obviously covered by Bellow and player, coach and ref perspective from the panel. It's been like this for two years.

Especially if the ref doesn't know what he said... the claims about him being warned previously also align with him not thinking it was at him.

He had warned him about approaching him throughout the game... he came to question again and got marched 10m... that's a normal penalty in the game.

You can't be suspended for questioning a decision... otherwise players will be copping a whole heap more charges every week.

If he felt anything was directed at him, after warning him of questioning him all game, then how would he not send him or at the absolute minimum bin him.

There should be a match report from the ref in regards to his full version of the event, before a charge has even come down... if the ref hasn't stipulated that it was directed at him or if he's not sure, then what are they even here about?
I think if Walsh is a serial annoyance to the refs (rather than abusing them), that's not something the team needs, and enough to constitute a contrary conduct charge. In which case a fine, or at most a week, should suffice.

Surprisingly, I wasn't following the Storms case as closely as I am for one of our best players.

but if Simpkins was on that case as well then it re-enforces my comments about the NRL

Conflict of interest can be avoided if it's managed. I'd prefer to have a player and ex ref on the panel so at least people who know the sport are involved in the process.

Conflict of interest can be avoided if it's managed. I'd prefer to have a player and ex ref on the panel so at least people who know the sport are involved in the process.

and you have faith in the NRL to successfully manage that conflict of interest.

shit hey, you've got more faith in the NRL than me

I'm struggling to think of who would be more qualified.

Things getting tense​

Carrigan: I heard him say what the f**k do you mean c***. He said that to me.

Judiciary chairman now arguing with the defence counsel that Carrigan can’t say who Walsh was talking to.

Carrigan then interjects “He was looking straight at me. I don’t know how to say that any (clearer).”

In regard to Willison, he has an amazing ability to wrap players up, even with arm tackles. He has a huge wing span but the knee reconstruction has no doubt dented his lateral movement. I am looking forward to seeing how he goes if he plays there though, I'm a massive fan.

I don't really have any major concerns with their work this year, or even last.

That's Bellow's job- do you honestly think McCallum is going to be sitting there saying let's give him life I want to stick up for Butler! While the Supreme Court of NSW Judge says sure.

Honestly.

Fifita about to give evidence.

'Slow your brain' is some real self-help guru stuff from Pat.

'Slow your brain, Reecey. It's like I always say, if you're constantly driving in the fast lane, you're going to miss life passing you by. Align your chakra, and you'll line your trophy cabinet. Namaste, you fucking c***.'

Other than Fifitas hiccup unless there were to be anymore it’s quite hard to question the integrity of 3 people. If it’s not clear as day and you have opposition players calling in it’s time to call it a day. Otherwise what’s the point of the judiciary especially for this case.

Other than Fifitas hiccup unless there were to be anymore it’s quite hard to question the integrity of 3 people. If it’s not clear as day and you have opposition players calling in it’s time to call it a day. Otherwise what’s the point of the judiciary especially for this case.
Especially when the referee can’t even say what was said.

All comes down to integrity and that’s a treacherous place for non-executives to be dealing with. This is very interesting to come out with. But you would have to think when any lawyer rests it’s case on integrity they are just disputing evidence with air to try and grasp a win.

Walsh is going to get the maximum here you can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Yellowfella
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.