PRE-GAME [Round 18, 2023] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, excuse the delayed reply. I had heard about Fleg and Riki( I heard both before the news broke but wasn’t confident in the source!!), Walsh is about to be made an example( to the delight of the nswrl) and we are currently facing a big form problem. We looked shaky the week before the bye and then turned out that shit we witnessed on Sunday. We’ve got some big problems, and if the team can’t settle and get back to what they were doing at the start of the season they’ll be bundled out of the finals week 1 ( if they make it).

There is always one of McCallum, Hampstead, Simpkins then players, Lindner, Puletua and Hagan.

you may be correct ... for the perception of fairness, most courts wouldn't put a referee on the panel of a case involving a referee. the term conflict of interest comes to mind (although not the NRL's)

Crawley trying to defend the ref for not sending off Walsh

Crawley basically implying that players should be suspended if they swear on the field and it’s picked up on tv lmao

Crawley trying to defend the ref for not sending off Walsh
And trying to claim that what Reece said is worse than BSmith calling the ref a cheat.

Crawley basically implying that players should be suspended if they swear on the field and it’s picked up on tv lmao
But only if Fox clip it up and chuck it on twitter

you may be correct ... for the perception of fairness, most courts wouldn't put a referee on the panel of a case involving a referee. the term conflict of interest comes to mind (although not the NRL's)

So shouldn't have Puletua either, he was a player like Walsh. Bellow KC was Manly Chairman.

When Smith got suspended by Bellow, Puletua and Simpkins you didn't have an issue.

So shouldn't have Puletua either, he was a player like Walsh. Bellow KC was Manly Chairman.

When Smith got suspended by Bellow, Puletua and Simpkins you didn't have an issue.

Surprisingly, I wasn't following the Storms case as closely as I am for one of our best players.

but if Simpkins was on that case as well then it re-enforces my comments about the NRL

Surprisingly, I wasn't following the Storms case as closely as I am for one of our best players

You didn't know who is on the panel so you haven't followed any case obviously.

Remember last year when Kev dropped Paix for Turpin and we never won again. Is the same thing happening this year??? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🫣

You didn't know who is on the panel so you haven't followed any case obviously.

again how often do Broncos players end up in front of the judiciary ... we normally take the early guilty plea (even on cases we sho9uld fight)

“He (Carrigan) came over and was saying to me slow your f***ing brain.
I just felt like at the time I was trying to help a teammate and help out and he (Carrigan) was coming at me telling me to be smart.
We have that relationship where we can pull each other up on the field and speak to each other the way we do.
I was agitated. I said what the f**k do you mean c*** to Patrick.
I just felt at the time I was trying to do the right thing for the team and when the penalty was given Patrick came at me I snapped at him.
(edit - fox's reporting of the statement was better than the tweet)

Seriously though, unless they can prove his version of events is incorrect, how do you possibly suspend someone for that?
Refs are pretty immune to players making excuses and bullshitting. It happens every time they blow the whistle. Without an on-field official testifying to the contrary, it's a matter of whether his story seems credible. At least he has a case.

Seriously though, unless they can prove his version of events is incorrect, how do you possibly suspend someone for that?
Especially if the ref doesn't know what he said... the claims about him being warned previously also align with him not thinking it was at him.

He had warned him about approaching him throughout the game... he came to question again and got marched 10m... that's a normal penalty in the game.

You can't be suspended for questioning a decision... otherwise players will be copping a whole heap more charges every week.

If he felt anything was directed at him, after warning him of questioning him all game, then how would he not send him or at the absolute minimum bin him.

There should be a match report from the ref in regards to his full version of the event, before a charge has even come down... if the ref hasn't stipulated that it was directed at him or if he's not sure, then what are they even here about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Muros
  • Dash
  • Nerd
  • Manofoneway
  • mystico
  • Financeguy
  • Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.