Dolphins

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
FaceOfMutiny

FaceOfMutiny

QCup Player
Nov 7, 2013
I'm waiting for the media to carry on to make sure the origin game doesn't count as part of his suspension. Billy should just come out and pick him with the argument "we have been informed that he is ineligible to serve his suspension for Origin 3"

Tristan1990

Tristan1990

QCup Player
Sep 29, 2016

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Bennet must think that Kotoni Cobbo are vulnerable there.
All 3 tries were down that side against the Titans and Kotoni does rush up.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Not big into conspiracies but the way the found him guilty is very dodgy. They said they had to prove his guilt, I don't see they did.
Imo there needs to be more than 2 panel members when they do this because it was a 2 vs 1 Player vs judicial judgement.

It was clear Puletua was the one that favoured Walsh but the ex ref and chairman didn't and they got to dictate the entire thing their way.

The Panel spent an hour coming to their decision because they couldn't come to a consensus, with the Chairman having to make the final decision which basically made it one week off the maximum penalty, is a bit of an insult.

It was literally one person away from being no suspension but instead it's now 3 weeks.

You would think a decision that couldn't be decided from the Panel should half the Maximum suspension, surely on fairness.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Strange move from Bennett ... hammer has been excellent at the back for The
Last couple of games he has looked a bit lost in defensive positioning which is odd considering he was probably the best in the game at it earlier in the year.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
This is so stupid. KW is the Fittler of NRL coaches.
What if it works?

Would you be the Fittler of opinions?

I don't think this would mean Carrigan stays on the edge all game though, probably a similar strategy to how Capewell was playing, Patty could probably play the full 80 quite easily doing that.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
What if it works?

Would you be the Fittler of opinions?

I don't think this would mean Carrigan stays on the edge all game though, probably a similar strategy to how Capewell was playing, Patty could probably play the full 80 quite easily doing that.
Patty could absolutely handle it. But we are weakening a more important position for no reason. Patty is a top 3 middle in the whole comp...So we decide to move him out to an edge, when we have multiple other options.

2 things can be right at once, just because something works, doesn't mean it's smart or right.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Patty could absolutely handle it. But we are weakening a more important position for no reason. Patty is a top 3 middle in the whole comp...So we decide to move him out to an edge, when we have multiple other options.

2 things can be right at once, just because something works, doesn't mean it's smart or right.
As long as he plays in the middle in the game in one of the stints I don't think it's much different from what he already doing.

Edge is less work which allows him to be on the field longer overall, that is probably the angle they are trying to go with, for off the ball stuff.

If he stays on the edge all game though I think that would be stupid, but at the same time I think it might open up the right edge's attack more.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
As long as he plays in the middle in the game in one of the stints I don't think it's much different from what he already doing.

Edge is less work which allows him to be on the field longer overall, that is probably the angle they are trying to go with, for off the ball stuff.
Why do we want him on the field longer at this time of the year? He and Haas should be playing reduced minutes during origin period.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

Was guess would be Patty's playing on the edge in defence and lock in attack, Kobe goes out to the edge in attack. Kobes a really good defender in the middle so we're not loosing much there.
Probably would get a full 80 out of Patty easily and more minutes out of Kobe doing this.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Why do we want him on the field longer at this time of the year? He and Haas should be playing reduced minutes during origin period.
Not all minutes are the same, the position those minutes are in is what you look at first.

Reducing minutes is not exactly something we can afford atm now though due to lack of depth with 3 Forwards out, there is already noticable drops when both of them come off the field.

I think if your going to rest them you do it on the game after Origin or you can't till the next one.

I hope Kevvie learns from Round 17 because Walsh shouldn't of played 100%, Physically he was fine but he needed time to Mentally unwind after that series winning game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • Galco
  • Michaelodap
  • Wendall Taylor
  • FACTHUNT
  • Morkel
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.