POST GAME [Round 18, 2024] Broncos vs Panthers

there are countless rumours around but the media just cannot come out and say it and the nrl will not investigate it. the nrl do not want to find cheating sides the only time they do is when a whistle blower is about to leak it to the media and they have no choice.

The way the panther players phsyically became so much more bigger and fitter in a short amount of time is so reminiscent of those Shark years.

And the media would bang on and on about how Sharks are the fittest team in the comp and countless fans like us would say there must be doing somthing illegal. And the truth did eventually come out.

Of course you ever bring any of this up you get accused of just sour grapes. but any nrl fan who has watched the modern games for last 20-30 years knows when something seems off.

In saying that they still are a very well coached side that does the simple things well. I just dont believe that they have found some magic secret training formula that makes them the fittest bunch of players the game has ever seen to date. not legally anyway
These guys would have been tested again and again. Maybe they have found a secret element that Nathan dug up with his chin and stir into their chai protein smoothies every morning.
Just admit they are bigger, stronger and better coached than the broncs.

And Cleary seems to have those extended periods out of the game due to "injury" around the same time each year to allow him to juice up and avoid any chance of being tested until it's out of his system.

So suss!!

These guys would have been tested again and again. Maybe they have found a secret element that Nathan dug up with his chin and stir into their chai protein smoothies every morning.
you see comments like this are exactly what people said about the sharks. The NRL have proven time and time again they will not catch any cheats unless there is a whistle blower about to blow it up to the media.
weather they are just incompetent or its not in there best interest to announce it or go looking unless they have no choice.

I wont critisize ppl who believe the panthers have dug up some magic formula that has made them twice as fit and strong as any side. But i Refuse to believe it especially when you see a certain number of penrith players showing intersting signs of what performance enhancing drugs can do you your body.

Yes it could be coincidence but i and i know many other nrl fans wont be surpised if within the next 5 years somthing comes of it

Because everything else is working ay...

Well maybe 6 sides below you on the ladder
The panthers are the premiers, we were playing well and did throughout the whole game really, it all fizzled out when we lost our halfback. So I think you’re wrong there.

you see comments like this are exactly what people said about the sharks. The NRL have proven time and time again they will not catch any cheats unless there is a whistle blower about to blow it up to the media.
weather they are just incompetent or its not in there best interest to announce it or go looking unless they have no choice.

I wont critisize ppl who believe the panthers have dug up some magic formula that has made them twice as fit and strong as any side. But i Refuse to believe it especially when you see a certain number of penrith players showing intersting signs of what performance enhancing drugs can do you your body.

Yes it could be coincidence but i and i know many other nrl fans wont be surpised if within the next 5 years somthing comes of it
I think the performance enhancing stuff is a bit far fetched. How come Capewell didn’t bring a little bottle of secret juice to us or Api for the tigers?

Unless you’re saying the players take ‘supplements’ or injections without asking any questions.

I sort of agree with you in that I can see the NRL being incompetent or not acting on it unless it became a story though.

Yep... really fucking pissed that we have a good game that could reset the season... and then mass fucking disruption for the stupid fucking origin game again.

After seeing the way game 2 was manipulated and manufactured into a result I can't be fucked giving a shit about it compared the broncos
This is what I’ve been on about and ranting about…I’ll still watch it, however, Origin can get fucked!

I admit it and believe me, it took some convincing.

I admit that you are a flog.

I agree that it's unlikely they're cheating what with drugs tests and all but you've gotta admit they are doing something different. Performance staff these days are going to great lengths just to get small increases in strength and endurance from the players. Then Penrith comes along and says f**k it lets just be 30% stronger and fitter then everyone else. I'd be headhunting whoever's in charge of that sh*t at Penrith.

Juiced.

I’ve been around it my whole life. He’s on the gear, to build that amount of muscle and maintain it while having an elite aerobic capacity when not being born with a freak genetic build to start with…he’s never tired, while being 40kg heavier than a very good marathon runner.

While other members had a bad case of acne from no where…..
You know what I think it might be is EPO. It is prevalent in the Horse Racing industry (reminds me of a certain person in the NRL head office) and is highly effective for Cardio.

In thinking about it, it would be a huge scandal for the NRL to have another top team caught cheating and have to strip their trophies. It is not in the interest of the product.

I’ve been on the train for a while now - you just can’t continually run 200+ metres, be almost impossible to tackle one-on-one, and never get tired for 30+ weeks a year. No matter how good your preparation is.

Players can likely do that every other week or continuously for a short period of time, but they will crash or have some off games in and around them

They don’t.

It all reminds me of how Gallen magically played 80mins at prop in Origin in 2011, the same year Cronulla was later investigated and found guilty of doping, to which he took the ban, admitting guilt

The difference is I think, as stated above, Penrith have been so highly successful that to strip them of titles would be a huge black mark on the competition, and more importantly probably spell the end of Vlandys as this happened right under his nose at the least. It would also be a big blow to the war for western sydney against the AFL.

They didn’t care about the ramifications of the Melbourne stripping because they know it’s a lost cause compared to something like the Penrith area and the huge player and fan base they have out there, now and in the future.

What I find galling is Penrith fans saying Broncos fans are whiny little bitches who make up weak excuses and blame everyone else when they lose. Maybe we need to beat them one day to set the record straight.

We just need to get better as a club. There is no reason why we can't be dominating the competition and having a sustained run of success.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Behind enemy lines
  • RolledOates
  • HarryAllan7
  • bert_lifts
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.