PRE-GAME Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Parcel and Macca are 2 of the fittest ***** on the planet. Get those two on the field to hit the big fuckers bootlaces all night and wear them out.

Parcel and Macca are 2 of the fittest ***** on the planet. Get those two on the field to hit the big fuckers bootlaces all night and wear them out.
Agreed, I'd certainly like to see players tackling lower and making the big men hit the deck hard instead of trying to grapple with them up high. More likely to put some hurt into them if they are falling hard instead of coming to a stand with two or three holding them upright and gently pushing them over. I know they want to wrap up the ball and getting a pass away is easier but if you are going face first into the turf at a great rate things are not so easy.

Agreed, I'd certainly like to see players tackling lower and making the big men hit the deck hard instead of trying to grapple with them up high. More likely to put some hurt into them if they are falling hard instead of coming to a stand with two or three holding them upright and gently pushing them over. I know they want to wrap up the ball and getting a pass away is easier but if you are going face first into the turf at a great rate things are not so easy.

I also agree.

We just need to combine the aggression and movement in defence we did to the Chooks: good line speed and hard hits, and the committed, disciplined, well reading defensive structures we used against the Storm.

Like I said, their main goal is to get field position up the middle with their big men, then get the ball out wide to where Pritchard and Kasiano play on the left, and on the other side to Jackson.

Their backs are high quality.

They are a dangerous attacking side. Our defence has to be the best it's ever been. That's what will win this, as i see our attack, especially our halves, is superior to theirs.

I've never been concerned coming up against the Bulldogs. Their GF in 2012 came on the back of Barba's purple patch, and last year they were pretty much last team standing as everyone they faced fell over with injuries or had absolute shockers.

On their day they can beat anyone, and beat them well. But they're just as likely to have absolute shitters. When I look at Kasiano, Pritchard, and Reynolds, I just think of brain farts and stupid, stupid plays. Klemmer is going to be easily goaded. Eastwood is an enigma. The way to win is to play tight, high percentage football. Give them 50% or more posession and they'll trample us. But play it smart, have patience, and concentrate on the little things and they'll fold. They'll give away penalties, force dumb offloads, and implode spectacularly.

Still have to see where the cards are going to fall before I make any predictions. The Origin season is really wacky and puts up all sorts of challenges that aren't usually felt in the finals, especially if you're going for a premiership and not making up the numbers.

My big concern with the Bulldogs moving forward is that because of injury, we've only seen glimpses of potential but on their day, they're one of the best all-round teams in the competition and have plenty of big game experience.

Whether that will play apart in this fixture remains to be seen. We're still in the midst of silly season where you get all sorts of bizarre performances because of how uneven Origin makes everything.

First McGuire now Ben Hunt's beard.

Can it return by the finals?

I hope not. There should be a benchmark for Broncos beards based on Sam's back hair, the Suitability of Hair Indicator (Thaiday). If your beard fails the SHIT test then off it goes.

I'm a bit worried tbh. Just before Ben dummies, his jaw slightly tweeks to one side. It's barely even a mil but the good defensive players can subconsciously pick up on it when the beard isn't obstructing it.

Not to mention the secret plays his upper lip used to recieve from Wally Lewis' moustache. This changes everything

In all fairness Hunt's beard looked like mildly groomed pubic hair, I think he'll be a much better player without it.

In all fairness Hunt's beard looked like mildly groomed pubic hair, I think he'll be a much better player without it.

That's the "fashionable" beard these days, it's fucking terrible. Aaron Woods and David Williams were also pubing it up.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.