[Round 19, 2021] Panthers vs Broncos

Want to know why Herbie has alot more runs then Staggs in basically every game, because unlike staggs him, Oates and Isaako they actually do the tough carries at the start of our sets, Staggs doesn't at all, he needs to get involved more.

I do agree though it looks like Herbie will be more effective on the wing but our team has a serious problem moving the ball that way its been like that all season except for the few times Kelly was there and then amazingly Herbie looked like a centre because he would get decent ball.

Croft wasn't half bad tonight for his standards but his instincts are mud he is way too small to constantly look to run first he gets absolutely folded.

How many on here actually watch what is going on?

Like Blaming herbie for being a ball hog when most of his carries are basically being a Forward on the early tackles of the sets, most times he has the option to pass to Oates it will almost certainly result in oates going over the touch line, our Ball movement on the left since Kelly has gone has been absolutely shocking, there is never cut out passes to move to that side fast unlike on the right. I would put some blame to Niu for that as well since he overtly favours the right as well.

The way we are now Herbie might as well replace Glenn at Second row because he will actually make meters, and be able to tackle.
Staggs definitely shouldn't be used out of our own end unless under big pressure and everyone is gassed, he should be used in good ball sets, with good early ball.

I don't think people are saying Herbie doesn't pass based off his runs from his own end, it's all the other runs where he doesn't even look like he is thinking about passing. He can do it, he set Oates up last week, he just needs to start doing it way more often which will also result in him being a more effective runner with the added threat of him passing.

Who should we look at getting with Turpin’s money once he is off our books for 2023?

Who should we look at getting with Turpin’s money once he is off our books for 2023?

Grant as number 1 priority but seeing as they won’t happen, B.Smith. Failing that, hope Paix comes along as he is or convert Croft. Who knows, maybe our gun kid will be ready by then.

I thought Paix's service from dummy half was really crisp. I was quite surprised at how much he has improved in this department. Really showed Turpin up. I wonder how Reynolds will cope with Turpin's service next year.

Turpin is getting worse by the week and he is actually becoming a worse version of Macca now. Can never fault his effort, but his limitations are starting to show a lot. Gamble will go the same way. We have become so used to having mediocrity in our key positions that as soon as we seem somebody different with effort we think they are world beaters. With a better hooker and halves last night, we beat Penrith by 20. How can they miss so many tackles and be so poor in defence yet we only put on 12 points?

Want to know why Herbie has alot more runs then Staggs in basically every game, because unlike staggs him, Oates and Isaako they actually do the tough carries at the start of our sets, Staggs doesn't at all, he needs to get involved more.

I do agree though it looks like Herbie will be more effective on the wing but our team has a serious problem moving the ball that way its been like that all season except for the few times Kelly was there and then amazingly Herbie looked like a centre because he would get decent ball.

Croft wasn't half bad tonight for his standards but his instincts are mud he is way too small to constantly look to run first he gets absolutely folded.

How many on here actually watch what is going on?

Like Blaming herbie for being a ball hog when most of his carries are basically being a Forward on the early tackles of the sets, most times he has the option to pass to Oates it will almost certainly result in oates going over the touch line, our Ball movement on the left since Kelly has gone has been absolutely shocking, there is never cut out passes to move to that side fast unlike on the right. I would put some blame to Niu for that as well since he overtly favours the right as well.

The way we are now Herbie might as well replace Glenn at Second row because he will actually make meters, and be able to tackle.
Oates, Farnworth, Niu and Isaako have all been playing like forwards. Forwards who don't offload or pass. That's a big part of our attack problem. We have all these backs settling, none of them supporting, none of them looking to pass. Bullemor and Hetherington made them look like Carrigan.

For all the shit being dumped on Flegler, at least he's trying to develop an offload like TPJ, albeit flung backwards with his eyes closed, rolling along the ground.

Turpin is getting worse by the week and he is actually becoming a worse version of Macca now. Can never fault his effort, but his limitations are starting to show a lot. Gamble will go the same way. We have become so used to having mediocrity in our key positions that as soon as we seem somebody different with effort we think they are world beaters. With a better hooker and halves last night, we beat Penrith by 20. How can they miss so many tackles and be so poor in defence yet we only put on 12 points?
Yeah, was thinking about this. In the past we've had players like Lockyer, Lewis, Langer, Walters, Walters, Priddis, Berrigan, Hunt etc. etc. represent our spine over the years. How the **** have we managed to come up with Niu, Gamble, Croft and Turpin? Absolutely fucking mind boggling.

From here on I will only be referring to Croft by his new name ‘🦑

Oates, Farnworth, Niu and Isaako have all been playing like forwards. Forwards who don't offload or pass. That's a big part of our attack problem. We have all these backs settling, none of them supporting, none of them looking to pass. Bullemor and Hetherington made them look like Carrigan.

For all the shit being dumped on Flegler, at least he's trying to develop an offload like TPJ, albeit flung backwards with his eyes closed, rolling along the ground.
This. I think Niu tries to support but none of our outside backs can pass.

also that last bit is spot on. Flegler whilst still lacks discipline at times has improved by an immeasurable amount. He is so much better kn every facet of his game except discipline. If he can get discipline he’ll be class. I understand how frustrating that is, but time and time again he’s one of a few putting in a real effort, sometimes fatigue makes the effort look effortless but he is trying. Additionally the addition of an offload to minimise the impact of tpj leaving shows that he goes off and works on his game smartly and actually changes it separating himself from the blokes who do the same unsuccessful things each week. Do I love him? No. But I just want to recognise that we probably treat him the harshest out of everybody and I think after a game where he was fairly solid and considering the 10 in the bin saved a try that was never scored in that period is actually something that can be turned into a positive.

From here on I will only be referring to Croft by his new name ‘🦑
I could only see out of one eye at 2am, very drunk but I thought I saw Croft throw a perfect pass for big Rhys to crash over for a try. Must have dreamt that because it would be somewhat ironic given the animated discussions recently to which I've been party.
We wait with bated breath until you dissect the replay and tell us how we’re all wrong
Oh, btw you shouldn't speak for everyone, just sayin'😀

I could only see out of one eye at 2am, very drunk but I thought I saw Croft throw a perfect pass for big Rhys to crash over for a try. Must have dreamt that because it would be somewhat ironic given the animated discussions recently to which I've been party.
Oh, btw you shouldn't speak for everyone, just sayin'😀
I think you were having a wet dream, mate. Rhys didn’t score a try.

Croft had a good intercept and a set restart or 2 but he was indecisive in defence again, butchering the left side line. His kicking was mud outside 1 good grubber on goal. Horrible passes. Botched a try. Absolute plodder.

Amazing how long we hung on with Fleglers first 10 minutes too. Knock on in the first set. Penalty on the 4th when we trapped them in the end (again), then a send off. The guy is the biggest liability in the team. Kennedy should’ve played far more minutes.

Insane that we had Turpin and Paix in the team and Hetherington was our best hooker.

A lot of the players have been good. There’s just 3 or 4 players that keep dragging the rest of the team down. A hooker, and a five eight would do so much for this team (on top of Reynolds).

Isaako was far better (except going for Kikau instead of staying on To’o for that try).

Oates has been great.

Hopefully Kev doesn’t even dream about dropping Bullemor again.

Disagree. While I agree Turpin's attack has not improved, and it's now holding us back, he's still miles better than Macca. You've forgotten what a dead weight he was.

Disagree. While I agree Turpin's attack has not improved, and it's now holding us back, he's still miles better than Macca. You've forgotten what a dead weight he was.

I havent. He was a tackle bot with no running game and no decent service from dummy half. Exactly what Turpin is doing. There is know way you can say Macca is a dead weight but not Turpin. He's offering nothing Macca doesnt or didnt. Now i'm not a big fan of stats at all, but statistically, Macca and Turpin are scarily similar this year. In fact, Macca is offereing more in terms of running and try assists than Turpin. He's no improvement at all and he's going backwards.

I havent. He was a tackle bot with no running game and no decent service from fummy half. Exactly what Turpin is doing. There is know way you can say Macca is a dead weight but not Turpin. He's offering nothing Macca doesnt or didnt. Now i'm not a big fan of stats at all, but statistically, Macca and Turpin are scarily similar this year. In fact, Macca is offereing more in terms of running and try assists than Turpin. He's no improvement at all and he's going backwards.
Facts

I havent. He was a tackle bot with no running game and no decent service from fummy half. Exactly what Turpin is doing. There is know way you can say Macca is a dead weight but not Turpin. He's offering nothing Macca doesnt or didnt. Now i'm not a big fan of stats at all, but statistically, Macca and Turpin are scarily similar this year. In fact, Macca is offereing more in terms of running and try assists than Turpin. He's no improvement at all and he's going backwards.
Hard to argue.

I've pushed the Turpin barrow...only through a lack of options. As long as it wasn't McCullough was my reasoning.

But yeah....Turps is nose diving.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.