[Round 19, 2021] Panthers vs Broncos

The data must be offset by one column for me. Staffs has 23 try assists

Can you check that? There are two columns;

TA = Try Assists
Ta = Tackles

I might change that to be clearer.

Much better effort than last game. I know it's folly to mention those key moments, but I will mention two.
1. Like previously mentioned, Croft not taking it over the line himself.
2. Glenn standing like a fricking statue at the end of the first half with the field goal. He made ZERO attempt whatsoever to close down the kick and if you look at his positioning, he could have. To me that is the the 1%ers that make we want to play with someone or not. If you hadn't guessed by now, that really pissed me off as a Broncos fan...especially from your captain!!!

He does things a little differently, but he isnt doing it any better or worse than Macca did.

And just because Walters picked Turpin that doesnt mean a lot. We are balancing the cap, and the cheaper option with less time on his contract won the day.
Macca is like Turps on 45, on benzos, wading in mud, played back at 33 RPM. Other than that, they're pretty similar.

He does things a little differently, but he isnt doing it any better or worse than Macca did.

And just because Walters picked Turpin that doesnt mean a lot. We are balancing the cap, and the cheaper option with less time on his contract won the day.
Macca was gone when Walters got here. It’s like the one commendable thing seibold did.

Been on about this all year, and if he doesn't undergo a massive transformation in the off-season I see him being next year's whipping boy. I think he should be back in the ISC.

Here's our problem with Herbie:

1. We all like him, and can see he's a hard worker.
2. He doesn't have a passing game. Which makes him a winger.
3. We have enough wingers around his skill level. Including Isaako who can also kick field goals.
4. We rarely see his speed or step, but we know they exist.
5. He has Pearl's ear, who has Kevvie's ear. He's unlikely to get dropped.
6. He's up for renewal in 2023.
7. If it were this year, he wouldn't be earning a contract upgrade. But he'll be expecting one.
8. He'll probably be at a new club in 2023.
He started the season strong. He was making line breaks at will. As was Isaako but our halves don’t give our centre’s any decent ball. They catch it and get flogged. Herbie is great working out of our own half.
His defence still needs work at centre but it had been much improved until he had the unfortunate privilege of playing outside the Croft / Glenn combination. His questionable defensive habits are magnified by the trash he’s stuck outside of.

Your most accurate criticism is his lack of passing game, which is correct. I don’t really have a justification for this except that their getting ball in such cramped conditions that there’s rarely anything on. Also Croft and Glenn being zero attacking threat means the defence can easily just mark up on Farnworth and Oates and no worry about their inside men.

All good. I was on my phone so it was hard to see all the columns.

Was a choice between full data, or reducing data and making it easier to see on mobile. Always looking to improve this.

I expect him to be better than To'o. Is that too much to ask?
Who knew that a short block of concrete running around on tree trunks would make for a great winger.
Should be able to beat him in the air (if you can get field position) but even then he has a habit of spoiling the party by sneaking his hands onto the ball to knock it free at the last moment.

Was a choice between full data, or reducing data and making it easier to see on mobile. Always looking to improve this.
I did scroll across and the data is well presented. I just needed a coffee. ;)

some of the Farnworth criticism is unwarranted i reckon, he usually gets the ball and the defense is already up because he is the only attacking threat out there, so unless you want him to try shovel it off to oates and have a potential to go out he's doing the right thing. yes there has been times he hasn't passed but he's young and he is just backing himself which isnt really a bad thing

Yeah, was thinking about this. In the past we've had players like Lockyer, Lewis, Langer, Walters, Walters, Priddis, Berrigan, Hunt etc. etc. represent our spine over the years. How the **** have we managed to come up with Niu, Gamble, Croft and Turpin? Absolutely fucking mind boggling.
Lack of succession planning, poor recruiting and retention, failing to recruit in key spine positions, basically shit decisions being made at every level of the organisation.

Should never have started. For the life of me I cannot see why you wouldn't just start with Haas and Kennedy for all games.
Agreed. The guy almost punted Bullemor if Robati was fit so your guess is as good as mine.

Should never have started. For the life of me I cannot see why you wouldn't just start with Haas and Kennedy for all games.

his 147m gained and 34 tackles are a good reason to start him

50/50 on the Croft pass but that was definitely the wrong option by him.

He would have scored if he had just reached out. Bombed it.
Croft probably has more bombed tries than anyone in the Comp. feels like he’s bombed a dozen since he started with us. Fumbling over try line, falling over, dumb passes. He does it all

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • something
  • Painin the Haas
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Xzei
  • kiwibronco
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.