[Round 19, 2021] Panthers vs Broncos

The first half from the Broncos had some excellent moments. Croft was excellent, so too Oates. That one on one tackle by Croft on the much bigger Capewell was an absolute belter.

Flegler again gave another 6 again when he came back on. I really don't know what KW was thinking. Anything Flegler did in the second half still wouldn't have made his game anything other than ordinary.

On to the second half!

yet you're still a massive supporter of Isaako after that Dragons debacle.

could you just be upset he replaced your boy as a starter 🤔
No. Flegler was absolutely terrible in the first 9 minutes and did nothing for the rest of the first half. Cold hard fact. Perhaps he was better in the second half?. Haven't watched it yet. If he plays well I'll mention it.

yet you're still a massive supporter of Isaako after that Dragons debacle.

could you just be upset he replaced your boy as a starter 🤔
Nope. Flegler was terrible. I was expecting he must have had a great second half. Nope. Nothing. 2 out of 10. Dreadful. KW must have dropped xtc before the presser.

I defy anyone on this forum to produce a single moment where Flegler was good in this match. Best I saw was two straight forward carries. Possibly one decent tackle.

Nope. Flegler was terrible. I was expecting he must have had a great second half. Nope. Nothing. 2 out of 10. Dreadful. KW must have dropped xtc before the presser.

I defy anyone on this forum to produce a single moment where Flegler was good in this match. Best I saw was two straight forward carries. Possibly one decent tackle.

since you love stats here are some for you:

Flegler made 149m from 15 runs with 50 post contact meters and added 34 tackles for good measure.

the only forwards to do better were Haas, JFH and Kikau

since you love stats here are some for you:

Flegler made 149m from 15 runs with 50 post contact meters and added 34 tackles for good measure.

the only forwards to do better were Haas, JFH and Kikau
Whoopee. Add a lost ball to start followed by two six agains, a penalty(two points) for a head high which also forced his team mates to play with 12 men and a subsequent suspension. The only decent thing I've seen from him was an excellent off load 9 minutes from fulltime.

Seeing you like stats, Kennedy made 106 metres in LESS THAN half Fleglers minutes! On top of that he had two( edit: three ) offloads, one of which resulted in a try. So that's a( edit: two try assists) try assist as well. In fact Kennedy got us back into the match. Even more Kennedy had 38 post contact metres and 18 tackles. All this in 26 minutes! Amazingly, I didn't think Kennedy's game was spectacular, rather it was very solid.

My boy far outshone your boy. Even the stats agree! What's more, my boys playing next week, what's your boy doing?

The first half from the Broncos had some excellent moments. Croft was excellent, so too Oates. That one on one tackle by Croft on the much bigger Capewell was an absolute belter.

Flegler again gave another 6 again when he came back on. I really don't know what KW was thinking. Anything Flegler did in the second half still wouldn't have made his game anything other than ordinary.

On to the second half!
Huge is like Alex Jones. I usually agree with him when he first starts talking and then it quickly turns into the ramblings of a mad man.

Whoopee. Add a lost ball to start followed by two six agains, a penalty(two points) for a head high which also forced his team mates to play with 12 men and a subsequent suspension. The only decent thing I've seen from him was an excellent off load 9 minutes from fulltime.

Seeing you like stats, Kennedy made 106 metres in LESS THAN half Fleglers minutes! On top of that he had two offloads, one of which resulted in a try. So that's a try assist as well. In fact Kennedy got us back into the match. Even more Kennedy had 38 post contact metres and 18 tackles. All this in 26 minutes! Amazingly, I didn't think Kennedy's game was spectacular, rather it was very solid.

My boy far outshone your boy. Even the stats agree! What's more, my boys playing next week, what's your boy doing?

And yet, if Isaako makes multiple screws up you refer to his stats to show he was a gun and no one else knows what they are talking about.

And yet, if Isaako makes multiple screws up you refer to his stats to show he was a gun and no one else knows what they are talking about.
Yes. Correct. That's what I do Every.Time.🙄

It seems to me if I'm not allowed to point to stats why is it okay for Foordy ? Why aren't you criticising him for it ? Is he not doing exactly that?
Besides, it's excellent that he did because Kennedy's were far better😃

It seems to me if I'm not allowed to point to stats why is it okay for Foordy ? Why aren't you criticising him for it ? Is he not doing exactly that?
Besides, it's excellent that he did because Kennedy's were far better😃

I have been on the defending Kennedy train as long as you have and I'm not comparing you to Foordy, I'm comparing you to you.

I have been on the defending Kennedy train as long as you have and I'm not comparing you to Foordy, I'm comparing you to you.
I got one thing wrong though, Kennedy didn't get a try assist. He got two !!!

Edit. Turns out I got another thing wrong, Kennedy didn't have two offloads, he had three. Not bad in just 26 minutes. 106 metres, 38 pcm, 18 tackles, one miss, two try assists, three offloads. That's my boy!!!

I've only just got around to watching the game, but our issue still lies in the spine. It cannot be understated enough how much Reynolds will bring when he gets here, simply because he will bring an elite kicking game with him.

I thought Paix looked good when he was on... may have been overplaying his hand a little bit, but he was at least getting out of dummy half and putting some pressure on the defensive line.

Tesi looked a little less involved than past weeks, but had a solid game again... ultimately we just couldn't really get any sort of roll on through the ruck to play off the back of. Even Haas was getting slowed down in the ruck as they held him up... even if he did skittle the Kenny several times.

I thought the panthers defence was quite good at blocking our attempts at spreading it with a rushing edge defence, which prevented Gamble from getting it out to Staggs when he wanted to. If Staggs did get his hands on it they were jumping onto him straight away to make it hard for him.

They were also good at slowing us down to a crawl and preventing us from getting any momentum... although the ref helps them out in that regard.

I thought Isaako looked quite good on the wing in our get out sets and didn't seem to get as dominated as he usually does.

Ultimately Penrith's defence was just too good and didn't give us any opportunities to play... i.e. typical Vlando ball.

50/50 on the Croft pass but that was definitely the wrong option by him.

He would have scored if he had just reached out. Bombed it.
I'm not certain he would've got there... he still had to reach out to plant it and I'd say he would've had to reach out with one hand. I can see Edwards right in the picture who would've had a clear shot at the arm/ball, so I think he's every chance of dropping it over the line... or coming up short if he doesn't stretch out, maybe momentum gets him over in that instance, but I'm not certain.

I thought the pass was backwards when watching the first time around... he has the hand out and hooked backwards, so the only real way it goes forward is if he does a Katoa and bobbles it before passing, which wasn't the case.

Ultimately it was another **** up by useless Cummins, who can be seen running from behind the posts and therefore doesn't have a view on the pass or the ball. Either he has called it forward unsighted or the touchie has called it forward incorrectly.

After playing us, Capewell reckons we're not far off

I'm not certain he would've got there... he still had to reach out to plant it and I'd say he would've had to reach out with one hand. I can see Edwards right in the picture who would've had a clear shot at the arm/ball, so I think he's every chance of dropping it over the line... or coming up short if he doesn't stretch out, maybe momentum gets him over in that instance, but I'm not certain.

I thought the pass was backwards when watching the first time around... he has the hand out and hooked backwards, so the only real way it goes forward is if he does a Katoa and bobbles it before passing, which wasn't the case.

Ultimately it was another **** up by useless Cummins, who can be seen running from behind the posts and therefore doesn't have a view on the pass or the ball. Either he has called it forward unsighted or the touchie has called it forward incorrectly.

I hate to defend the refs because they really do suck but in real time it did look forward. It wasn’t until the replays that you could see it wasn’t. Given that every pass Turpin does is forward, you take the good with the bad I suppose.

Great take and put down by Kennedy though.

I'm no Croft fanboy, but credit where it is due, he plays with desire (just lacks ability).
I'll happily criticize him for buggering up, but I won't blame him for passing. Sure hi might have scored, but there was doubt. In a split second he had to decide and there was nothing wrong with his choice.
What there was something wrong with was the ref's call, coz the pass was clearly backwards.

I'm no Croft fanboy, but credit where it is due, he plays with desire (just lacks ability).
I'll happily criticize him for buggering up, but I won't blame him for passing. Sure hi might have scored, but there was doubt. In a split second he had to decide and there was nothing wrong with his choice.
What there was something wrong with was the ref's call, coz the pass was clearly backwards.
Maybe he can become a 14 next year. Come on for a burst of energy running out of dummy half. Keep things as simple as possible for him.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wild Horse
  • Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • Morepudding
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.