Round 19 - Broncos vs Warriors - Post Match Discussion

3. He's in that perfect category for the Dally M where he is basically the only go to guy.....if we keep winning he'll go bloody close. Especially with the way the Eels are playing. My current tip remains Hayne although Thurston will be sniffing if he keeps up his form from the other night.

I think Thurston has it in the bag. He's got the Tigers, Sharks and Titans still to play and is almost certainly now in the lead.

I think Thurston has it in the bag. He's got the Tigers, Sharks and Titans still to play and is almost certainly now in the lead.

Tempting isn't it. The Cows are just so hot and cold.

I had money on JT last year to win and he came 2nd. So it'd be typical if he won it this year instead!

... and some people complain about Barba's defence which, incidentally, I thought was pretty good for his first run in the halves against a formidable set of forwards and backs with both size and speed.

I saw a Barba that was too scared to tackle Hurrell. If there was no cover there, we would have been in trouble..

I saw a Barba that was too scared to tackle Hurrell. If there was no cover there, we would have been in trouble..

We were lucky Hurrell went off injured. Ben Henry was causing us all sorts of problems as it was. Having to mark up on both of them could well have made the difference in that last ten.

Incredibly happy I didn't have to see Hurrell's kiss blowing. So lame yet so rage inducing.

If you go back and watch that again, it's actually Thaiday's fault. Thaiday doesn't slide across to cover Townsend, which means Hunt gets left trying to defend Townsend and Mannering, who is hitting the hole. By the time Hunt reads the play, it's too late and Mannering is already through the hole. There was nothing Hunt could do.

I wish I could do one of those video break down things that Sterlo does with the arrows n' shit.

Watching the replay now, I think you're right. Thaiday had no idea what he was doing.

Interesting that Shaun Johnson was miked up for this game and it will be on Sterlo this week.

Based on the refs performance...

"Where's the penalty, cuz? You're supposed to stop them from scoring. That's not fair, bro."

After watching the footage, I don't think the Tomkins try should have been awarded. Henry surely made a second effort. I saw that arm lift to promote the ball.

Last edited:
4) Is the use of the sin bin still causing problems?

Yes. I hate the inconsistency to be honest.

Judging by last weekend, it would appear we have reached a decision where it is clear cut that if a player doesn't get on side from the 40/20 quick tap, they will serve time off the field.

That was the case with Penrith's Elijah Taylor in the opening five minutes against the Roosters, and was also what happened to the Knights Kurt Gidley a few weeks back… And I am actually fine with that, so long as there is consistency when it comes to other offside plays in attacking situations.

Watch the Broncos/Warriors game last weekend and you'll see the referees blew penalties only for players deliberately offside with tries on offer. One in the second half involving Corey Parker was blatant. Brisbane even had the advantage of play stopped to issue a caution, allowing their defence to reset.

I can't see how we can have it both ways. I predict there is a 'drama' waiting to happen in the finals series if we don't get some clarification on this one.

From Voss.

What do you guys reckon?

The Parker one isn't a send off. Most of the work was done by Thaiday anyway...

You could argue about the Barba one, holding Tomkins jersey back, but as we now all have witnessed, holding or dropping Tomkins is hardly a feat. :laugh:

The SJ segment on Sterlo was very enlightening.

Directed them around the park quite well at times. Highlighted a few moments where Friend ignored him and went for poor options, particularly at the death.

The SJ segment on Sterlo was very enlightening.

Directed them around the park quite well at times. Highlighted a few moments where Friend ignored him and went for poor options, particularly at the death.
Yep, the one that stood out for me was Johnson calling for it on the last on the right side.
They went left instead and bombed Maranta.
Who knows what may have happened if they went with Johnson.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • BrentTatesChin
  • Horseheadsup
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.