Round 19 - Broncos vs Warriors - Pre-Match Discussion

Can already tell you that tomorrow's team list will basically be the same side but with Gillett named ahead of Oates shifting Granville to 18th man.

Despite the disappointment of last night, I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them at home.

Can already tell you that tomorrow's team list will basically be the same side but with Gillett named ahead of Oates shifting Granville to 18th man.

Despite the disappointment of last night, I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them at home.

You'd be one of few. I fear a massacre. But knowing us we'll jag a win and things will stay the same for the rest of the year and we'll keep derping around on the field for periods of games just enough to miss the 8.

I hope there's changes made. Win or lose, I just can't handle Vortex at 5/8th anymore (tbh I never could)

I am expecting a heavy loss and I am glad I won't be able to watch the game because I am busy Saturday night.

I do hope I am wrong though.

I was going to go to this game. But, I hate to say it, there's no way I'm going to spend $70 on my Gold ticket, then $20 on food, $30 on fuel to get there and back, to watch my team dish up what the served last night. No way on earth.

I wish them all the best. Barba and Hoffman will be swapped. Wouldn't be surprised to see Copley replaced with Maranta too.

I never thought I'd be saying "I hope they bring Maranta into the squad"... but I hope they bring Maranta into the squad.

I think Kennedy should be given another go too and he should start in the 10 jersey and Corey Parker should start in the 13 with Gillet from the bench for Thaiday(after 20 minutes or so).

I'd like Kennedy back in the squad and I also want Copley dropped for Maranta, nothing against Copley, but I think Maranta has been fantastic this year at every chance, is super safe under the highball and just deserves to be rewarded for his form.

Also, Barba 5/8, Hoffman fullback.

I never thought I'd be saying "I hope they bring Maranta into the squad"... but I hope they bring Maranta into the squad.

I think Kennedy should be given another go too and he should start in the 10 jersey and Corey Parker should start in the 13 with Gillet from the bench for Thaiday(after 20 minutes or so).

I agree. I don't care if Kennedy isn't in great form, we literally have 1 prop in our team (Hannant) and he starts from the bench. Start Kennedy and just tell him to tuck the ball and run straight and hard. That's it. Fight for the quick play the ball and concentrate on ball security. Run hard, play the ball quickly, don't drop it. Tackle your fucken ass off and smash *****. You'll get a rest after 20 mins, so just put in.

Would love the switch. I think we could hide Barba in defence and Hoffman only averages around 8 tackles. The left edge is pretty strong any way with Glenn, Reed and Vidot.

It could be just the right tweak to get us a spark.

Hoffman has been playing a roving game anyway. Give him the 1 and the kick return/bomb defusal duties.

It can't be any worse than last night's effort.

from my limited vision of nrl the past 2 months, the warriors look very good since their change in coach.

they look disciplined, structured, aggressive.

i have a bad feeling about this game based on our efforts last night.

Hopefully we can show up with the right attitude in defence and we should win. We can score points but can't stop them from being scored. We would have to be the worst team in the comp when it comes to slowing the play the ball down and getting away with it.

Hopefully we can show up with the right attitude in defence and we should win. We can score points but can't stop them from being scored. We would have to be the worst team in the comp when it comes to slowing the play the ball down and getting away with it.

that does annoy me ...

whenever we try to slow the play the ball down, we get penalized. but in the same game the opposition teams are always allowed to lay all over us for twice as long it seems

that does annoy me ...

whenever we try to slow the play the ball down, we get penalized. but in the same game the opposition teams are always allowed to lay all over us for twice as long it seems

Absolutely.

I can't tell you how frustrated I was with two specific calls last night.

One happened mid-way through the second half where Parker and McGuire made a tackle, nothing in it and the play-the-ball wasn't slower than any other ruck in the game but the referees deemed it so. To me, it's completely unnecessary and a HUGE call because it gave Penrith an extra set they scored off of but nobody bats an eye-lid over it.

Then the Thaiday knock on call. What a joke. In that situation 9/10 everybody knows that's a penalty to the player trying to play the ball. You have to do everything you can to get out of the player's way...yet Thaiday just about has to piggyback Taylor to play the thing and somehow it's absolutely okay? Sorry but that isn't acceptable.

There were other calls too which boggled my mind but at the end of the day, it was just one of many factors against the Broncos. They can't control that and the factors they can control simply weren't good enough on the night.

However, I'll sit down and watch through a replay later tonight.

Johnson and Tomkins >>> Soward and Moylan, our defence out wide better improve dramatically.

While I do agree the other teams seem to get to lay all over the broncos some matches I find myself yelling at the tv way too often telling McGuire, Parker and Thaiday to get off the opposition so they don't get penalised. I liked the start of the season where the ref's penalised way more often for lying all over the ruck and the game was quicker.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.