Round 19 - Broncos vs Warriors - Pre-Match Discussion

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It is annoying that it seems like we never even try to get quick play the balls.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Wallace charged from Norths game on Sunday with a dangerous throw. Facing a week.

Molo was very strong on Sunday against Easts, that's a hard pack to come up against and he did well.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Time to change shit up. It'll never happen, but consider this:

1: Hoffman
2: Vidot
3: Reed
4: Copley
5: Maranta
6: Hodges
7: Hunt
9: McCullough
14: Barba

At the 20-25 minute marks, switch to:

6: Hodges
7: Barba
9: Hunt

Neither Barba or Hodges are organising halves, but Hunt can do a smith-type role from 9. And it'll certainly put any opposition off with so much unpredictability. Allows Copley to play at centre where he's 300% better than wing. And back 3 of Hoff, Vidot and Maranta are very, very safe.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Something has to change at the back. We must have the weakest back three at catching bombs in the competition. Copely's fumbles have led to a mountain of tries and Barba's drops have handed over possession too easily. I'm never confident with Vidot under the high ball either. The high ball is one of Hoffman's strengths so he needs to be back there at least for that part of our set and maybe switching Reed and Copley then aswell would help.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I'd like to see something like happened at the back end of last year when Hoffman would start the sets at fullback then move to right centre allowing Hodges to roam at fullback. Something similar would be good for us with Hoffman moving to right centre and then Barba & Hodges roaming as fullback and 5/8.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I don't get why people want our leading try scorer dropped

Agreed. However, I do want Copley off the wing.

1. Barba
4. Copley
5. Hoffman (Right wing)
6. Hodges

Copley isn't a big passer of the ball which is great. Give Josh Hoffman a taste of what it feels like to be a back and get no fucking ball. Karma at it's finest.

As for the game itself, if we play better defence we might win. But IMO, this game is on the Warriors bat. They are the better team and more importantly, the better coached team. If they show up they win IMO, and I'm surprised we've been installed as favourites.

Hopefully Hook is smart enough to pepper our back 3 with bombs all day everyday in training. Shaun Johnson gets a lot of height on his bombs and he peppered Vai Tautai over the weekend. The Eel did well dropping only one but I reckon he had to diffuse at least 5 or 6. Based on recent performances neither Copley or Barba have any confidence under the high ball. Actually, come to think of, I think Reed and Vidot should swap on 5th tackle. You need Reed's defence against Hurrell but Reeds' our best bomb catcher.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
is kennedy fit? if he is i'm all for him getting another chance. he's done his time and he's bloody on 500k or something. let him start earning his wage.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Warriors:

1. Sam Tomkins
2. David Fusitu'a
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Dane Nielsen
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Chad Townsend
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Nathan Friend
10. Suaia Matagi
11. Ben Henry
12. Simon Mannering (c)
13. Sebastine Ikahihifo

Interchange
14. Feleti Mateo
15. Ben Matulino
16. Agnatius Paasi
17. Thomas Leuluai
18. Jayson Bukuya

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Screw it!.....Bring Nichols into the 6, Hoffman to fullback, Barba to the bench, Maranta to the wing.
Copley misses out on a wing spot because he cant catch high balls, definitely better at center.

Vidot's meter are his saving grace.

Give Kennedy a decent run, he hasn't really been given a fair chance to fit into this team IMO.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
1. Hoffman
2. Maranta
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Vidot
6. Hodges
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Thaiday

14. Granville
15. Hannant
16. Hala
17. Molo

In the mean time Barba can go play a month of ISC and lose 5 kg's, then we'll re-evaluate the situation.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
You can micro-analyse every ref decision and say this, this, this and this went against you and that's something I used to do when I first started watching league, but I realise nowadays that every team cops it away from home so what is the point?

Good teams have the bottle to overcome anything by playing better then their opposition for 80 minutes.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
BRONCOS TEAM

1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Dale Copley
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Corey Parker
11 Alex Glenn
12 Corey Oates
13 Sam Thaiday

Interchange
14 Ben Hannant
15 Dave Hala
16 Todd Lowrie
17 Jake Granville
18 David Stagg

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
It's getting pretty late for the team announcement...

sigh it got posted right after i said that

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
vertigo - To explain why we can't control the ruck.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
I just want to smash Griffin's face in with a brick.

Can't the lispy prick just put his hand up and say he's not cut out for the job? Have some personal pride FFS.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Just once could it have been what we wanted? Why is it only in the last 10 minutes or last 2 rounds that the necessary changes are made?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That may end up being close to our Final 17 but like I said earlier, I wouldn't read into it too much since coach's rarely name changes after a Monday game.

Usually they haven't completed their review of the game so they just post a team-list to fulfill the media obligation.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
You can micro-analyse every ref decision and say this, this, this and this went against you and that's something I used to do when I first started watching league, but I realise nowadays that every team cops it away from home so what is the point?

Good teams have the bottle to overcome anything by playing better then their opposition for 80 minutes.

We also cop it at home because Broncos crowds don't boo constantly.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • barker
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.