Round 19 - Broncos vs Warriors - Pre-Match Discussion

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Going to my first game this year with a family friend who is a passionate Warriors fan so I'm going to be sitting with all the Warriors fans.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Really not confident about this game. We're going to lose the majority of our remaining games.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
IMO this game will come down to offloads. If the Warriors can get effective, clean second-phase, we're toast. It's been their main weapon against us, their style of it really ***** up our defence, and we leak points like a perforated condom.

Conversely, if Parker can get some away, and have Barba sniffing around or even Hunt passing to a flying Hoffman, we can really tire their forwards out.

Warriors know it kills us. They'll start throwing it around in the last 15 of each half. We can't stop it, but our best bet is to spoil them - have our players ready to pounce for a turnover, or give them a false indication of an offload being achievable and be ready so slap their arms for knock-ons. If they stuff a few up they'll stop doing it and our defence will be much better off for it.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd really like to see Hodges move to the 6 with Copley in at centre and Maranta on the wing. I feel that makes our team stronger. Next move would be Hoffman to left centre and Reed to the bench.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
despite everything thats gone on this year i feel like a win or loss this saturday is the difference between us finishing 7th and us finishing 12th/13th.

warriors in hot form mcfadden seems to have their heads screwed on plus the warriors get great support at suncorp, it will be a really tough game.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
despite everything thats gone on this year i feel like a win or loss this saturday is the difference between us finishing 7th and us finishing 12th/13th.

I agree, i think 4 wins from our last 8 rounds should see us squeeze into 8th spot. A win on Sat and then wins against the Dragons, Newcastle and one of the Melbourne games should be enough. Allows us to drop our games against Dogs, Souths, Manly and the other Melbourne game.

Last edited:
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Don't we play the Dragons again? Surely we can win that!

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
5 of 8 at home also helps

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
So you would prefer to be 5 of 8 away from home on the run to the finals?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Relax ... just pointing out a fact

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i'm just thinking a win against the warriors might spark some confidence in the team. enough to snag a victory or two against one of the tougher teams on the run home, as well as collect the w's verse the teams we should beat.

lose this week i think thats the end of our season

M

Mt Smart

BRL Player
Aug 5, 2011
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I'd really like to see Hodges move to the 6 with Copley in at centre and Maranta on the wing. I feel that makes our team stronger. Next move would be Hoffman to left centre and Reed to the bench.

centre's need to be able to pass to the winger bro

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.