Round 19 Discussion

The Dragons really weren't that bad tonight. They didn't exactly ask that many questions of the Rabbitohs, but they got through their sets and were going set to set with the Rabbitohs. It was really just a couple of moments that hurt them and they really missed having a player like Merrin there who can just add something a little different to the mix.

Souths weren't great tonight but just had too much class. I think they'll get better in the coming weeks with Luke returning and the combinations gelling better. Whether they can win premiership #22 depends on whether they can find another gear.

The Chooks are playing some rather good football. They are going to be hard to beat on the form they are showing as they smash the Warriors. Ferguson is such a beautifully balanced runner.

Yes the Roosters look a class above at the moment.

Saying that though...the Warriors lefthand edge look pretty shaky in defence.

Nah I want Manly to lose. Don't mind if the Cows take the minor premiership off us, just would love for Manly not to make the finals.

We need Cowboys to lose and keep losing.

The way Roosters are going, we could find ourselves outside of the top 2 very quickly if we don't do as well as we should.

They will do better than Cowboys in their run home.

Last edited:
I also don't want to face the Cowboys again until at least the Grand Final. I'm not sure what the stats are [MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION] but we must have a shitty record against them when it comes to finals.

I also don't want to face the Cowboys again until at least the Grand Final. I'm not sure what the stats are @Super Freak but we must have a shitty record against them when it comes to finals.

We've never beaten them in the finals.

Played them 3 times. Lost all 3.

All of those games were in Townsville.

We've never beaten them in the finals.

Played them 3 times. Lost all 3.

All of those games were in Townsville.

Well seems the best way to beat that trend is to play them at Suncorp or in Sydney :takdir:

7/7 so far, got about $100 riding on Manly winning tonight.

JUST WIN FFS DCE

Broncos always come first for me, so for the sake of a clear 4 point ladder lead, I'll be hoping the Cowboys lose and then Manly get the two points stripped for a substitution infringement or something.

Manly winning would be good for the Broncs here. 4 point buffer.

I've got to say after reading all that hype about the Roosters and their performance against the Warriors, I really wasn't that impressed.

Don't get me wrong, it was a really good performance but on a weekend of great performances I didn't think they necessarily stood out. I actually thought the Warriors were the better side for the opening 20 minutes but just let themselves down with a bevy of unforced errors at crucial times. They were bursting through the line and if they had have scored it would have been a different game. Instead, the Roosters kept their line intact and the Warriors slumped their shoulders. It wasn't long before 6 became 12 and then 18 off a kick. It really should have stayed at 18-0 given Jennings pass to Maloney was at least 4 metres forward but at that point the game was basically over and the Roosters played a lot like we did against the Tigers where they started throwing silly offloads and passes trying to entertain the fans.

For me, it was just a typically good win for the Roosters. They're a good all-round team, no real faults but they've got a couple of players there that can be worked over if you really want the win. I think they'll play the exact same role as last year where they're one of the top teams coming into the finals but very beatable once they're there.

NZ were pretty poor. If they were ever a chance, SJ was going to have to reproduce his form against the Titans & Raiders but he's proven himself to be nothing more than a flat-track bully so far this season. They really missed Vatuvei and Hurrell, particularly coming out of trouble and with both guys back next week it should be a huge boost for their finals chances when they take on Manly at Mt Smart. It wasn't the best performance from them but to their credit, they weren't outright embarrassed like they would have been in the past. 24-0 is hardly a respectable scoreline but it's better than 46-12 at home, which is the game that basically cost them 8th place.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • theshed
  • teampjta
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.