Round 19 Discussion

Wow, what an ending. Merge were valiant but they can put that loss right at the feet of Ben Hunt, who had an absolute mare.

Honestly, can the bennett fan club on here tell us with a straight face that the rabbitohs haven't gone backwards this year.... Despite the fact they have signed an origin centre that only Bennett can get the best out of (despite him playing his best footy under Henry), and sua (who supposedly is a great talent that seibold didnt use right, it wasn't his fault!)

Rabbitohs may be winning but if they get in the gf the storm, roosters, raiders, even manly, have absolutely shit the bed. And if they don't win this year, then do ppl seriously believe they will get better next year? At least the broncos team has obvious hope for the future...

lol had that typed out before the 80 didn't ya? Play to the whistle mate.

Losing in the 80th minute. Just the Dragons doing the most Dragons things.

I would be in total agony right now if I was a St George fan. Rugby League is a cruel game and the way the Dragons hooked the fans in only to to have it ripped away at the death...agony.

Souths are cannon fodder for the top sides come the finals.

Not sure about this, they've won three tight games in a row without their leader. Good teams find a way to win games when playing poorly, especially the close ones. I wish it was something we did more often - would probably be comfortably in the 8.

Last edited:
On the sin binning, the right call was made. Absofuckinglutely it was the right call.

He makes NO attempt to reach out to try and knock that ball dead, instead he turns his body and leads in with the shoulder to try and stop Chee Kam from scoring. Not only that, but he makes contact with the head.

Even if he was going in to play at the ball, it makes literally no difference whatsoever. None. Zilch. Zero. He still leads in with the shoulder and makes contact with the head.

Right call made and it's about fucking time the refs had the balls to sin bin someone for that shit. They should have done it to Slater, they should have done it to Dufty and now they finally do it.

Ponga didn't have to lead in with the shoulder. Brandy's argument about what's he supposed to do is fucking rubbish.

I wonder how long the 2015 premiership and the late season run in 2017 will protect Green from the sack

You’d have to imagine he wont be extended. That 2017 GF appearance really masks how poor they’ve been. They got there on the back of a 13 win season and everyone else falling over in front of them.
[automerge]1564177956[/automerge]
Honestly, can the bennett fan club on here tell us with a straight face that the rabbitohs haven't gone backwards this year.... Despite the fact they have signed an origin centre that only Bennett can get the best out of (despite him playing his best footy under Henry), and sua (who supposedly is a great talent that seibold didnt use right, it wasn't his fault!)

Rabbitohs may be winning but if they get in the gf the storm, roosters, raiders, even manly, have absolutely shit the bed. And if they don't win this year, then do ppl seriously believe they will get better next year? At least the broncos team has obvious hope for the future...

Wouldnt be the first time a Bennett team plateaued mid-season only to come home strong.

Although I couldn’t speak on the topic with any great certainty as I haven’t watched them for about two months

Last edited:
The rabbitohs are absolutely missing Sam Burgess and to a lesser extent Alex Johnston. They're winning without those 2 guys in key positions. If they get them back in the next few weeks Wayne will have them firing at the right time of the year. Saying they're going backwards is premature.

And I am on neither side of the WB/AS argument.

Right on cue, Sivo comes up with his best run of his short career. Was eerily reminiscent of GI in his prime for Queensland.

Braith Anastas is such a fuckwitt. Does he know what the **** he’s talking about all the time puzzles me.
Oh boy, be it Channel 9 or Fox, it appears that everyone’s competing as to who sucks most at their stupid commentary.

Braith Anastas is such a fuckwitt. Does he know what the **** he’s talking about all the time puzzles me.
Oh boy, be it Channel 9 or Fox, it appears that everyone’s competing as to who sucks most at their stupid commentary.
Vossy should do the Foxtel commentary on his own.

I'm surprised someone actually pays Braith good money for doing what he does. Bloke was a Muppet as a player and he's a Muppet as a commentator.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • broncotville
  • LittleDavey
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  • Wendall Taylor
  • HarryAllan7
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.