Round 19 Discussion

That’s more like the Moga we turfed. Penalty at the line!

I wonder how long the 2015 premiership and the late season run in 2017 will protect Green from the sack

Green's career rides on his latest signings. If he cannot get the Cowboys into the Top 8 with Drinkwater, Robson and whatever signings he makes between now and the start of next season, I can't see the Cowboys accepting a third straight season without seeing finals footy.

In truth they're lucky they're not facing that situation right now. 2017 glossed over a lot of issues and bought their out-dated system and personnel more time than they deserve.

It won't take much to steady the ship. They just have to play more expansive and find some forwards to shore up that middle. Teams have figured out that once you turn the Cowboys in, it's all over.

Originally I was backing the Cowboys to win tonight. I thought the Sharks would continue to look at one another side-ways and the Cowboys would pick up the crumbs. However, as soon as it was revealed that Coen Hess was going into the centres it did enough to flip me.

That right there was the issue tonight. Hess was always going to be an easy target in defence and it only served to weaken the bench formation. Instead of having that option of a strike edge forward, they were left with four middles who all have similar strengths. It said to me that the Cowboys were planning on fighting fire with fire and against Cronulla in Shark Park without your captain, I didn't see it ending well.

If Green had have named Tuala or Russell there I probably would have stayed with them. Not necessarily because I rate them, but it suggests to me that Green sees enough in them to consider them genuine options. Green overlooking both is a bad sign and I don't think he rotates his bench enough. Unless he plans on recruiting, I just think he's creating more problems down the road not putting more experience into his young forwards.

Is there a discussion on how on earth Kurt Mann is still playing 6 while Levi is back and Watson on the bench?
Am I wrong in my assessment that Mann is rubbish?

Surely 6 Watson 9 Levi 14 Mann is a better line up????

Something along those lines. I actually think Watson has been their best #9 option this season, but with Brailey coming next year and no clear alternatives at six you may as well invest in that combination.

I always thought Mann played his best footy in the centres. Then again, it may have just been the Melbourne effect.

Holy smokes. I think that’s officially the worst call of the season. Ponga sin binned for attacking the ball.

So the NRL officially have NFI what a shoulder charge is

I don’t think he was attacking the ball though, he dropped the shoulder to nudge che Cham and unfortunately got him in the head. Not bin worthy but a penalty.
[automerge]1564135280[/automerge]
I don’t think he was attacking the ball though, he dropped the shoulder to nudge che Cham and unfortunately got him in the head. Not bin worthy but a penalty.
In the new nrl rules.....lol

Last edited:
Sin bin was the right call but I didn't think Ponga was the right guy... Whoever the other guy was should have been binned. He changed direction, away from the ball, to shoulder charge Chee Kam off the ball in a try scoring opportunity. Ponga at least was going in the direction of the ball.

[automerge]1564135280[/automerge]

In the new nrl rules.....lol
A penalty that is committed in the act of the other team in a try scoring situation is almost always a sin bin without question. That's what takes it from a foul to a professional foul. That being said, if Chee Kam doesn't stay down, it would have been play on.

Last edited:
I thought Ponga was going toward the ball. Could have made more sense if it was the other guy.

good result for us ... it means we can be in the 8 by the end of the weekend if:

we beat the Titans by 9+ points more than the Warriors beat the Eels
or
we beat the Titans by any margin and the Warriors lose to the Eels

I
A penalty that is committed in the act of the other team in a try scoring situation is almost always a sin bin without question. That's what takes it from a foul to a professional foul. That being said, if Chee Kam doesn't stay down, it would have been play on.
That’s very true, I think I was just being like Switzerland and sitting on the fence.

I thought Ponga was going toward the ball. Could have made more sense if it was the other guy.
Yeah I'm not sure how they binned Ponga, unless it was a mistake. The other guy actually went in with a full on shoulder charge and went off the ball. Ponga to me looked like he was kind of half tackling but still diving towards the ball.

I'm thinking they binned the wrong guy and the on field refs heard incorrectly.

Just like last week in the dragons game where a shoulder charge wasn’t binned in the same situation

Only a tad forward that pass from the Rabbitohs
[automerge]1564137621[/automerge]
What I want to know is how the hell are the Rabbitohs only 4 points up

Last edited:
Ponga saying he doesn’t care about the charge, he just hopes MCK is ok...all the feels

That Ben hunt no try was a try against us 4 weeks ago... Consistency ffs

Last edited:

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Wild Horse
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skathen
  • cento
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Maddy
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • Cavalo
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.