Round 19 Discussion

Bulldogs need to beat the Panthers next week to guarantee they avoid the spoon. they may have been able to beat those pretenders from Redfern ... but they won't take down the Panthers.

we on the other hand have a very winable game against the Cowgirls
Panthers will have the minor premiership locked up this weekend. Don't be surprised if they rest half their squad and the dogs get another win.

Bulldogs need to beat the Panthers next week to guarantee they avoid the spoon. they may have been able to beat those pretenders from Redfern ... but they won't take down the Panthers.

we on the other hand have a very winable game against the Cowgirls

And the Eels

Still thinking that we have a prayer against the Eels. No attack is hard to lose to.

I honestly thought last week would be Souths wake up call and they'd use this week to recalibrate. However they were awful to start the game, gave Canterbury way too much early and honestly they were pretty lucky to get this close. That Paulo try was a classic example of why it's imperative the video referee should check everything.

Well deserved win for the Bulldogs. The kicking game particularly from Wakeham was really effective in that second half. It just brought them back into it after Souths had all the momentum. That and their last line of defence was awe inspiring.
Oh man, I hate how much the video ref is involved as it is. That is the linesman's job. If he missed it, he fucked up. The NRL uses the video ref to sell chicken and electronics and make some cash. We need less of that and more burden of responsibility on the referees. This looked to me to be more of a reason to not have the video ref. If they miss something like this, what the hell do they do up there? Suck money from the game.

And the Eels

of course we have the Eels ... but assuming the Dogs lose to the Panthers (which i fully expect them to do, unless they rest half their squad) then we only need 1 win out of the 2. we're a better chance at beating the Cowgirls at home than the Eels away.

although finally hitting the bottom COULD spark them into action for a massive upset tomorrow

E7320285 F01B 452F AF28 B6A59ECB54FB

of course we have the Eels ... but assuming the Dogs lose to the Panthers (which i fully expect them to do, unless they rest half their squad) then we only need 1 win out of the 2. we're a better chance at beating the Cowgirls at home than the Eels away.

although finally hitting the bottom COULD spark them into action for a massive upset tomorrow
(X) Doubt

my point is quite simple.

he has a contract with Souths for next year

if Souths want him, which would be likely if he has the talent you talk about, we won't get him

I feel you are being a bit petty. Contracts mean nothing, if the Broncs wanted him, he’s gettable. Remember what happened with SuA? Taylor? Boyd? All massively talented kids who were let go despite having contracts.

Oh man, I hate how much the video ref is involved as it is. That is the linesman's job. If he missed it, he fucked up. The NRL uses the video ref to sell chicken and electronics and make some cash. We need less of that and more burden of responsibility on the referees. This looked to me to be more of a reason to not have the video ref. If they miss something like this, what the hell do they do up there? Suck money from the game.

Yes, but the video referee is there so use it. It would have taken all of five seconds to figure out.

I feel you are being a bit petty. Contracts mean nothing, if the Broncs wanted him, he’s gettable. Remember what happened with SuA? Taylor? Boyd? All massively talented kids who were let go despite having contracts.

being realistic is not being petty

... by 59. Anything less and I will be very upset

being realistic is not being petty

I just listed several players to show it is realistic. Given how much you’ve stood up for White, I’m not sure you are an authority on realistic either.

I just listed several players to show it is realistic. Given how much you’ve stood up for White, I’m not sure you are an authority on realistic either.

different situations

for a start If i was Souths and he is as talented as you say, i wouldn't be letting him go ...

because it isn't as if Mitchell has set the world on fire as a fullback.

Yes, but the video referee is there so use it. It would have taken all of five seconds to figure out.
Then doesn't error fall back on the referees? Especially the linesman. What do they do these days? I mean, if it doesn't take 5 seconds, then the ref could have been told by the bunker in the short time before awarding it. No, I think the video ref is overused and just shifts the blame to nameless and faceless morons and has caused as many howlers as it was proposed to save. At some point in time the NRL has to realise that the standard of refereeing on the field is not good enough. Sorry, Pete, but the video ref can have its moments, but realistically there are problems at ground level and they also need to be improved. I mean, we had the video ref on a captain's challenge somehow be won, but still go against us the other week because they were confused, we have had a Billy Slater drop-kick try, Jamie Lyon torso try, Isaako send off against Knights (could have been called back by video ref), DCE dive and some other pretty ridiculous calls go against us, and that isn't mentioning the clangers the video ref makes against other teams in the NRL. More video ref just slows the game down, get the reffing on the field to improve and they won't have to use it as much.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Accept
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Hurrijo
  • bazza
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.