Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Staggs biggest weakness is he lacks attention to detail. He can fend off three players to score but doesn't dive on a loose ball or doesn't make a vital tackle.

That attention to detail is vital at fullback.

Fullback on average is about 7760m per game, I would be worried you would blunt his attack by making him do that work. His attacking strength is early ball and using his strength and running out line to fend be hard to do that against four guys ready to smash you off kick returns.

Broncos lack the halves to get him in games too, be hard to inject yourself and then get a hospital pass or no pass.

Staggs biggest weakness is he lacks attention to detail. He can fend off three players to score but doesn't dive on a loose ball or doesn't make a vital tackle.

That attention to detail is vital at fullback.

Fullback on average is about 7760m per game, I would be worried you would blunt his attack by making him do that work. His attacking strength is early ball and using his strength and running out line to fend be hard to do that against four guys ready to smash you off kick returns.

Broncos lack the halves to get him in games too, be hard to inject yourself and then get a hospital pass or no pass.

Bloody hell. The Prophecy was Wrong!

How'd DBs replacements go? I remember you were happy about it at the time, you got your wish 'anyone but Darius'.
Off to a great start with our first choice who trained there in the off season not making round 1.

Second choice Isaako had his dad on deaths door and looked a shadow of himself possibly for that reason.

Then we had Nui who was too green but good to see where he was at when the season was pretty much cooked as the whole team was performing pathetically.

Also interesting is that Boyd actually had *some* good games when he went back to FB. Maybe being dropped from FB was the kick in the arse he needed a season ago.

****, I can’t wait for Boyd to retire.. this place needs a new topic
Don't worry, I cannot wait to see who the familiar whiners target next myself! I'll be especially interested in the comments when our new fullback gets stepped, slips while trying to change direction or fails to get out of ingoal when any of the supreme athletes on here could have easily done so.

Don't worry, I cannot wait to see who the familiar whiners target next myself! I'll be especially interested in the comments when our new fullback gets stepped, slips while trying to change direction or fails to get out of ingoal when any of the supreme athletes on here could have easily done so.
In isolation and irregularly, those are all acceptable.

When they are in the same game and / or numerous times in the same game and repeatedly in the same season, they’re not acceptable.

So with that said; if our new FB continuously dishes up the same shit Boyd has for most of the last 2 seasons, I’m certain they’ll cop the exact same criticism.

My bet though is if they play that poorly on a regular basis, they won’t get 2 seasons to stink it up.

When they are in the same game and / or numerous times in the same game and repeatedly in the same season, they’re not acceptable.

So with that said; if our new FB continuously dishes up the same shit Boyd has for most of the last 2 seasons, I’m certain they’ll cop the exact same criticism.

My bet though is if they play that poorly on a regular basis, they won’t get 2 seasons to stink it up.
Yeah, no.

Boyd has played well pretty damn well all season 2020. It's true 2019 wasn't great for DB but 20 has been good. If DBs team mates had the same season DB had we'd be playing finals and Seeplod would still be a work in progress. Naturally, that contradicts your narrative.

3 and a half.

Ever since he broke his hand in Origin II 2017, came back underdone and completely stuffed his hamstring he's been nothing but dead weight.

Last edited:
still cannot fathom how any one who has a clue on nrl can defend boyd and say he is not past it.

he still has some strengths with his experience but unfortunately he has played on 2 seasons to many.

he has clearly lost his reaction time and balance.

and that happens when the game has past you not just in this sport but other sports as well.

cannot remember who but someone compared him to ricky ponting when he lost his balance and kept falling over him self.

it is identical to that the game has past Boyd he should not be playing this year or last year and anyone responsible for that decision should hang there heads in shame because it has been embarrassing at times to watch him play.

and no player especially with the career he has had should be remembered for that.

Yeah, no.

Boyd has played well pretty damn well all season 2020. It's true 2019 wasn't great for DB but 20 has been good. If DBs team mates had the same season DB had we'd be playing finals and Seeplod would still be a work in progress. Naturally, that contradicts your narrative.
True, Boyd has played some half-decent games this season. But to suggest he’s somehow a yardstick for how a finals bound team performs is laughable.

To say otherwise suggests I’m not the one with the narrative.

Put simply, if he has been good this season, in what other team would he displace their first choice fullback?

None in the NRL, that’s for sure.

3 and a half.

Ever since he broke his hand in Origin II 2017, came back underdone and completely stuffed his hamstring he's been nothing but dead weight.

Which for me raises the question, why the **** was he ever re-signed in 'Oct '17 on a 4 year contract and on that amount of money. One year, maybe but 4?

Maybe Darius provided one answer when said on being re-signed: "This contract really helps me on my journey beyond football. I’m passionate about good mental health practices and this contract gives me the chance to further that work through the Broncos." So we signed him for his off field work in mental health?

And in the context of what he brought to the team, last year and this year in particular (not off the field), the rest of that article makes interesting reading. What a monumental **** up.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/10/26/boyd-re-signs/

Anyway, I'm done with Boyd. My last post (sic) on him. Ever

Last edited:
True, Boyd has played some half-decent games this season. But to suggest he’s somehow a yardstick for how a finals bound team performs is laughable.

To say otherwise suggests I’m not the one with the narrative.

Put simply, if he has been good this season, in what other team would he displace their first choice fullback?

None in the NRL, that’s for sure.
In your opinion. I'd say, what do the stats indicate? If they indicate he's last in just about every area measured I'll agree with you. All you have to do is cut and paste, it shouldn't be difficult to prove he's the worst fullback, afterall, the evidence will surely support you.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.