PRE-GAME Round 19 - Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett was actually at the South's Logan game on Sunday. He must figure Issako is just a better fit for the wing position. He wasn't great on Sunday, but I think his decision would be based on more than one game.

Happy to see another debutant this season along with Pearson getting a consecutive run. Games like this are perfect for this sort of thing.

While both have been excellent this season, we can afford to rest Gillo + Moose for Su'A and Arrow. Them (S+A) playing is the only reason I can think of why Thaiday is getting a start. Either that or he plays one 25-30 stint and Glenn plays the rest

So all in all you're saying Wayne doesn't watch any tape on his contracted ISC players and you should be the coach of the Broncos.

You could have done so much better there. Saying you've never seen him play and why do I think he was playing better earlier in the year would have been better than a ridiculous comment.

Wayne was there on Sunday watching and people don't watch tapes anymore.

I'll pretend you can discuss league and tell you anyway.

Earlier in the year he was bringing the ball back with real venom and involvement against Tweed he was out of this world. There was a period from round four to ten he was sensational. Statistically to put it in context he has made 2133m this year from his 16 games that's 133m on average- remember he gained 31m on Sunday a mere 102m below average.

1019m of that was scored during the period I spoke about round 4-10. That's pretty close to half his work in six games. Isaako regained some real form again the last three weeks before this week in a big effort again with three really good games.

Which brings me to my earlier point- On Sunday he looked flat and hit a wall physically.

What has remained consistent and a strength with his running is his ability to break tackles, he does that through out the year and even on Sunday he broke tackles he just didn't react and do anything- again looked flat. For the record he has 82 tackle breaks this year at five a game. Even within that consistency 44 of them again in that period earlier in the year.

His form was much much greater earlier as I said, but having said that maybe a NRL call up will be the boost he needs.

You could have done so much better there. Saying you've never seen him play and why do I think he was playing better earlier in the year would have been better than a ridiculous comment.

Earlier in the year he was bringing the ball back with real venom and involvement against Tweed he was out of this world. There was a period from round four to ten he was sensational. Statistically to put it in context he has made 2133m this year from his 16 games that's 133m on average- remember he gained 31m on Sunday a mere 102m below average.

1019m of that was scored during the period I spoke about round 4-10. That's pretty close to half his work in six games. Isaako regained some real form again the last three weeks before this week in a big effort again with three really good games.

Which brings me to my earlier point- On Sunday he looked flat and hit a wall physically.

What has remained consistent and a strength with his running is his ability to break tackles, he does that through out the year and even on Sunday he broke tackles he just didn't react and do anything- again looked flat. For the record he has 82 tackle breaks this year at five a game. Even within that consistency 44 of them again in that period earlier in the year.

His form was much much greater earlier as I said, but having said that maybe a NRL call up will be the boost he needs.

Awesome stats mate

How does that compare to seve ? As you mentioned his form is better.

Breaking news.. young players can have the occasional below average game even if they're having a very good season..

I have no issue with you laying out your opinions, you know better than most, I have issue when you shit on other peoples ideas, even if they're reasonable ones. I said he's one of the best young outside backs we have coming through and it's a good time to give him an opportunity with all of our injuries, you respond with your usual elitist mentality claiming that anyone who thinks Isaako will be selected needs to "at least watch him play!".

Not that you'd ever admit you're wrong, that's not possible for the almighty 1910. Wayne has clearly made the incorrect call for not completely writing him off after one below-average performance.

For mine kodi abd marshall should be 6 and 7 this game. Hunts been picked for origin but i think he is still stinking up the field with his shit house options, crap passes and leg kicks. If he plays well in origin i will of course be back on the hunt wagon until he hits the road to saint shitsville.

For mine kodi abd marshall should be 6 and 7 this game. Hunts been picked for origin but i think he is still stinking up the field with his shit house options, crap passes and leg kicks. If he plays well in origin i will of course be back on the hunt wagon until he hits the road to saint shitsville.
What is his house like, does he need a new one

Breaking news.. young players can have the occasional below average game even if they're having a very good season..

I have no issue with you laying out your opinions, you know better than most, I have issue when you shit on other peoples ideas, even if they're reasonable ones. I said he's one of the best young outside backs we have coming through and it's a good time to give him an opportunity with all of our injuries, you respond with your usual elitist mentality claiming that anyone who thinks Isaako will be selected needs to "at least watch him play!".

Not that you'd ever admit you're wrong, that's not possible for the almighty 1910. Wayne has clearly made the incorrect call for not completely writing him off after one below-average performance.

There you go again; I didn't say any of that.

You suggested he make the team based on a rumour on twitter- come on. I back up what I said and detail games you look at twitter and expect me to think you have watched him?

What exactly is wrong about my statement he was flat on Sunday and looks like he hit a wall? You keep saying I'm wrong but you're not really coming up with much.

If my stats are wrong I am happy for you to show me where, if they don't show he's hit a flat spot more than happy to admit that.

How does that compare to seve ? As you mentioned his form is better.

Bit hard to compare with stats because Seve has played five less games. Isaako will come out on top easily.

Seve has 1273 meters from 11 games and he's played centre and bench this year so that skews it as well. I just think over the last month he has been in better form but I don't think Seve would maybe make the transition to winger as well.

But form has been really strong, he is off-loading really well. He has 12 off-loads in 11 games which is pretty exceptional for a centre and he set up a nice try Sunday with the off-load.

Seve is really strong post contact, I like that about him.

You suggested he make the team based on a rumour on twitter- come on. I back up what I said and detail games you look at twitter and expect me to think you have watched him?

No I didn't.. Wtf? I said that someone posted a stat that he's kicking 89% on the year, which is impressive. I wasn't saying "get him in" based purely on that number, I further clarified that in a later post, if you cared to read on before shitting on my opinion. (Which by the way, turns out wasn't too bad, as Wayne selected him, contrary to your incredible insight that he's not ready for the NRL because he played poorly in one game.)

Not to add fuel to the fire but the kid can kick bloody well (did shank one on the weekend though) I wonder if they give him the kicking tee on Saturday? Kahu has been kicking well but he has his off days.

It would Be good to have someone who can do a awkward Cowboys style kickoff too, I think the advantage a nice deep and high kick off can give you is really underestimated. Theres a big momentum advantage making the first tackle on the 10m line as oppoesed to the 30!

Not to add fuel to the fire but the kid can kick bloody well (did shank one on the weekend though) I wonder if they give him the kicking tee on Saturday? Kahu has been kicking well but he has his off days.

It would Be good to have someone who can do a awkward Cowboys style kickoff too, I think the advantage a nice deep and high kick off can give you is really underestimated. Theres a big momentum advantage making the first tackle on the 10m line as oppoesed to the 30!
The only chance he gets the kicking tee is of Kahu gets injured.

And if Milf plays, he may not even get it then.

Bit hard to compare with stats because Seve has played five less games. Isaako will come out on top easily.

Seve has 1273 meters from 11 games and he's played centre and bench this year so that skews it as well. I just think over the last month he has been in better form but I don't think Seve would maybe make the transition to winger as well.

But form has been really strong, he is off-loading really well. He has 12 off-loads in 11 games which is pretty exceptional for a centre and he set up a nice try Sunday with the off-load.

Seve is really strong post contact, I like that about him.

Ok thanks mate. Do you he could replace moga when or uf he moves on ?

This is weird...

not sure who Eden Richards is ... but Opacic can't play on Saturday as he wasn't named yesterday.

but hopefully it means he is a chance of replacing Moga soon

not sure who Eden Richards is ... but Opacic can't play on Saturday as he wasn't named yesterday.

but hopefully it means he is a chance of replacing Moga soon

NRL.com journalist.

Yeah I know he can't, but just think it is weird that he would be training there if he couldn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Confidor
  • Hoof Hearted
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
  • PETERN
  • johnyE
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • JayTeeM
  • Bongo
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • YeahNahMate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BRC088
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • Redfern_1980
  • Dexter
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.