PRE-GAME Round 19 - Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking tackles is all well and good but I'm more interested in how well he can setup his outside men.. Otherwise we'll just have another Hoffman.

I wouldn't say that's his strength not at this stage anyway. just run leave everything else.

Isaako did throw a lovely pass against Mackay for a try, he likes running on the left.

Isaako did throw a lovely pass against Mackay for a try, he likes running on the left.

That's good to hear because we favour the left side more in attack so hopefully we can get the best out of him and he has a great game.

Who are the backs
Glenn starting with Sua on bench

Benji and Kodi.

It seems as though Kodi will be going back to reserve grade and Su'A will come onto the bench so I guess it's not a concern.

Relieved to see Isaako moved to fullback. Going as far back to 2014, I can't recall him ever playing on the wing and the position would have stifled his best asset is his foot-work. 1910 is 100% right when he says it's all mental with Isaako. Jamayne has the talent to make a real fist of the NRL, on the flipside he can also be pea-hearted and get found out on areas others would cover.

I don't know if anything can be read into Arrow's move into lock. For all we know, he could end up staying, but the most likely answer is that he's the best player to cover McGuire's role.

Good to see Milford back. I'm going to have my heart in my throat whenever they run at him, which isn't going to be good for my health, so hopefully he gets through OK.

Benji and Kodi.

It seems as though Kodi will be going back to reserve grade and Su'A will come onto the bench so I guess it's not a concern.
Kodi will be playing in reserve grade correct

Relieved to see Isaako moved to fullback. Going as far back to 2014, I can't recall him ever playing on the wing and the position would have stifled his best asset is his foot-work. 1910 is 100% right when he says it's all mental with Isaako. Jamayne has the talent to make a real fist of the NRL, on the flipside he can also be pea-hearted and get found out on areas others would cover.

I don't know if anything can be read into Arrow's move into lock. For all we know, he could end up staying, but the most likely answer is that he's the best player to cover McGuire's role.

Good to see Milford back. I'm going to have my heart in my throat whenever they run at him, which isn't going to be good for my health, so hopefully he gets through OK.

How would you rate Isaako's positioning at the back?

I always get worried about that when a new player comes in at the back.

Probably the most excited I've been all year for a game, with a few nerves as well because it's never ideal making a host of changes.

Really keen to see how arrow goes at lock, it's been said lock is his best position and many people have said they'rd prefer him over McGuire there so this is his chance. If he hasn't yet signed with the titans I'd imagine a big performance here could see the broncos offer him a nice new upsized contract.

I've seen numerous variations of what the final line up will look like from news outlets and jorunalsists but for what it's worth the broncos updated team has thaiday staring and both marshal and kodi on the bench and sua 18th man...

How would you rate Isaako's positioning at the back?

I always get worried about that when a new player comes in at the back.

I'm more familiar with his work at centre/half. As far as I can tell, he's not a natural fullback and has had to learn the position over time. From what I have seen of him this year, he's improved but there's still areas he has to figure out.

Darbs has nothing to worry about.

Bennett must rate Isaako if he is going to drop a Nz international who has played full back for him.

Kahu hasn't been dropped, he is just shifting positions.
I think that wing is a truly under-rated position both by fans and players...

Bennett obviously thinks it is better for the team to play Kahu on the wing, besides Boyd will be back next week anyway.

Bennett must rate Isaako if he is going to drop a Nz international who has played full back for him.
It's a question of using the players on their best positions. Isaako has the energy Kahu has been lacking, and is used to the position. It's a bit of a gamble though, as the risk of screwing up at FB is higher than as winger, but hopefully he comes through with flying colours.

Bennett speaks about it in his final word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • kman
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Payneinthehaas
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dexter
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.