PRE-GAME Round 19 - Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opacic possibly?

Opacic would be the front-runner given his first grade experience. Otherwise I'd imagine the other option would be to bring Isaako into play fullback and place Kahu on the wing.

Or Bennett could give Seve a shot, or bring Allan into the side.

As fans, the latter option would be the most exciting.

I remember one time we went down to Newcastle. We were heavy favourites and expected to put on a big score.

We lost.

Don't take Newcastle lightly. All it takes is a little luck to go their way and they could cause some serious headaches. They have produced some big upsets before and almost produced one against the Sharks earier in the season.

However if we turn up to play, we will win. It will probably be a close affair in the first half. Knights will want to come out firing after yesterday's game. But the second half is where we will get them.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/07/10/injury_update_mead_a.af_news.html

DAVID Mead and Herman Ese’ese are out of any contention for Saturday’s clash with the Newcastle Knights.
Both are dealing with knee injuries suffered in their last appearance.
Mead hurt his knee in the June 30 loss to the Storm, and will miss at least the next two games.
Ese’ese has a similar time frame for a return after suffering his own knee injury playing for affiliate club Souths Logan Magpies in the Intrust Super Cup yesterday.
Ese’ese went down in the first half of the Magpies’ loss to the Ipswich Jets.
But Broncos’ medical staff today said his knee injury did not seem serious.
“Herman’s injury looks like a low-grade medial ligament injury which should only keep him out of action for a couple of weeks,” said Broncos’ High Performance Manager Jeremy Hickmans.
“For David it was a grade two medial ligament injury, so he is more likely to be three to four weeks.”
That prognosis, with the time taken into account since Mead’s injury, means both players are a chance to be fit for selection for the Broncos’ round 21 game.
That match against the Eels in Sydney may also be an opportunity for club captain Darius Boyd to return from the broken thumb he suffered in the second State of Origin game.
Anthony Milford also still has to be cleared to return from a shoulder injury he sustained in early June.

Not sure how reliable it is, but I just read on Twitter that Isaako is kicking 89% on goals this season..

Get him in.

I remember one time we went down to Newcastle. We were heavy favourites and expected to put on a big score.

We lost.

Don't take Newcastle lightly. All it takes is a little luck to go their way and they could cause some serious headaches. They have produced some big upsets before and almost produced one against the Sharks earier in the season.

However if we turn up to play, we will win. It will probably be a close affair in the first half. Knights will want to come out firing after yesterday's game. But the second half is where we will get them.

Is that the game when the lights went out at half time or something like that?

Not sure how reliable it is, but I just read on Twitter that Isaako is kicking 89% on goals this season..

Get him in.

Hopefully he'll get to kick at least 6 goals against the knights.

Is that the game when the lights went out at half time or something like that?

Yeah it was.

Round 8, 2009. We were sitting at the very top of the ladder and expected to win easily. We got a big shock that night.

would love allen to be named at fb with kahu on the wing

It's not good to hear about Mead but I am hoping Isaako gets the nod. I really want to see if he has what it takes.

I'm actually not convinced Isaako's defence is all that great, but i'd be happy to see him or Allan thrown in at fullback. Kahu is much more effective as a winger, and i dont think Opacic, despite him playing there plenty, is suited to the wing. Another option would be to bring in Tom and move Moga out to the wing. His ability in the air could see us getting a few points there if we get our kicking right.

Admittedly I don't know much about Isaako, but with the disruptions we've had, if Opacic is available I'd be bringing him in.

Admittedly I don't know much about Isaako, but with the disruptions we've had, if Opacic is available I'd be bringing him in.

Think he needs a couple more games at ISC level just for fitness tbh.

Get him in.
You don't bring someone in just for there goal kicking... especially when that player is zero chance of taking the kicking duties due to our NRL side already having a guy kicking at 80%

Yea but it's good to have a back up kicker on the field. I wonder if Oates will be back though.

You don't bring someone in just for there goal kicking... especially when that player is zero chance of taking the kicking duties due to our NRL side already having a guy kicking at 80%

Who said we should?

He's one of the best young outside backs we have coming through, can't see a better opportunity to give him a game if Oates remains out, along with Boyd & Mead.

Who said we should?

He's one of the best young outside backs we have coming through, can't see a better opportunity to give him a game if Oates remains out, along with Boyd & Mead.
You never said any of that all you said was he is kicking at 89% let's get him in .... with nothing else but that statement you made it imply that is the sole reason you wanted him in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • broncoscope
  • YeahNahMate
  • upthebroncs
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Redfern_1980
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.