PRE-GAME Round 19 - Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's terrible for him. Something I would never have expected. Hopefully he recovers quickly and it doesn't affect him too seriously with the consequences.

Brownie is on notice at the knights so he will be pushing for a solid performance. Broncos will play better with kodi and marshall. Its a danger game alright.

Its simple and there are no excuses.............a must win game........you don't drop points to the wooden spooners and expect to be taken seriously as a premiership contender even missing a few troops.

Understand, when making a decision about dropping someone means and does. To drop a young rising star says two things: they have not met the expectations of the role they play but also their position and career in the team is under threat. They then have the opportunity to improve their skills/athleticism to meet the demands of the role, train for another role, or move onwards to a new club.
Dropping an older established player says the same things but in a different context. They must accept an enforced retirement from the NRL. The players theoretically can train for re-instatement, but theory and practice are two different things. No matter how hard they train, their future is arbitrary to the coach's needs. Their salary cap cost excludes other options.
Think for a moment how this affects the player and the teammates. Someone, who once was a part of the furniture, possibly a leader now is isolated. The team loses their influence. Some who looked up to them lose their mentor. If they are forced to retire, they will possibly be embittered by the perceived injustice. Some in the team might agree, others not. A fracture to team harmony occurs. These things are sometimes necessary but should never be done lightly.
Dropping a player is never just dropping a player.
Horse shit. What now older players have tenure for their spots in a team. That sort of thinking is why players like Thaiday exist. Look at Luke lewis. A few years ago he was treated poorly at the panthers that man didn't sook about he won a premiership. Look at Parker he got better with age and pulled the plug. Thaiday has shown up so out of shape this year it has come up and bitten him on his fat ass. He needs to own his mistakes, it plain and simple to see he is unfit. I think he is the fattest i have ever seen him and at his age it takes a toll. Now we need him to preform at the business end and he looks more like he needs an angiogram and stress test.

My point wasn't that they shouldn't be dropped but that thought and measure be made in doing so. This call to drop someone after a bad game without warning and the praise them the next week ignores this. Set what you expect, consequences for not doing so, and follow through. Calls after a single game are born of the emotion of the moment. I actually said thaiday was due this kind of heart to heart moment. But by just chopping and changing without warning you end up with very talented football players playing "safe" (wouldnt you if you didn't know whether you were in the team or had a career, one week to the next) instead of reaching for their potential.

...........and probably fired up after their flogging on the weekend.

I just want us to be committed, switched on and ready to play................... not the crap defense and handling we saw Friday night.

I want this every game. I don't care if we lose, but so long as we complete our sets, kick well, defend like we know we can and play as a team that looks like we've done this before. It's League 101, and the points will come from doing it.

Its simple and there are no excuses.............a must win game........you don't drop points to the wooden spooners and expect to be taken seriously as a premiership contender even missing a few troops.

Nothing less than a thrashing will do, really.

None of this grind it out stuff. That's for the top teams, wooden spoon candidates are for +/-

Nothing less than a thrashing will do, really.

None of this grind it out stuff. That's for the top teams, wooden spoon candidates are for +/-

We have a good record of thrashing the knights I think? I personally want to see the broncos run amok and put on 30+

I want a repeat of 2007.

19667782_10213771986516640_3569476904362927845_o.jpg

Brownie is on notice at the knights so he will be pushing for a solid performance. Broncos will play better with kodi and marshall. Its a danger game alright.

Oh Newcastle.....never change.

Media headlines to be expected in coming days.

Greg Inglis informs hospital ridden State of Origin team mate Corey Oates his about to break deal with Rabbitohs and sign with Broncos for $50 Million dollars a season

Media headlines to be expected in coming days.

Greg Inglis informs hospital ridden State of Origin team mate Corey Oates his about to break deal with Rabbitohs and sign with Broncos for $50 Million dollars a season
You're basically a source with that kind of inside info

Herman 204m, two try assists, two line break assists, six tackle breaks, 25 tackles with three missed.

He was really good against Wynnum. Nice little blind side move to score for the Pies.

Herman 204m, two try assists, two line break assists, six tackle breaks, 25 tackles with three missed.

He was really good against Wynnum. Nice little blind side move to score for the Pies.

Please stop. It's depressing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Tim K
  • johnyE
  • Jedhead
  • YeahNahMate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BRC088
  • broncoscope
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • Redfern_1980
  • Confidor
  • Dexter
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
  • kman
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.