PRE-GAME Round 19 - Knights vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up today and still pissed off about last night's hiding we copped. Disgraceful. What hurts is watching teams like the Storm, the Sharks, the Roosters play up tempo, fast and with confidence no matter if they have a full squad or with injuries. We have moments of dominance and confidence but then it disappears for some reason, like last night. What a belting we copped.

I'm not sure what we'll do this season now. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Knights beat us. Not sour grapes but can you truly be excited and confident about our season now after that embarrassing demolition job last night? Be honest.
Come on people. Have faith. Remember that year we lost five on the trot late in the Origin period? Including getting thumped by the Faders? What year was that? '06? How did that pan out for us?

I would really like to see Isaako get a run in the near future, drop Mead for him.
You'd love to see all the random qcup players join Moga but it aint happening.

Dont even think about blaming Mead for last nights game when your boy kept deciding he wanted to defend in the.moddle of the park. He got a nice talking too aswell

Hopefully he listens, you certainly learned your lesson last week @meady after your effort against Cotric.

Shame Hunt was intent on getting Melbourne to 40, it was an inspired effort on Billy.

Come on people. Have faith. Remember that year we lost five on the trot late in the Origin period? Including getting thumped by the Faders? What year was that? '06? How did that pan out for us?

Yeah with Lockyer. Milf is only one likely and that is a big ask with a bung shoulder.

Yeah with Lockyer. Milf is only one likely and that is a big ask with a bung shoulder.
Professional sportsmen thrive on "big asks" ...

Remember that year when we lost every game except for two during the Origin period and got absolutely thumped by Melbourne with almost the exact same side?

How did we do that year?

I'm just fucking around.. I don't think it's doomsday just yet. I think this side will learn from that game and improve, but I do doubt whether they have the hunger to go up to the gear needed to win the comp.

Reactions: Dee
Sims is like a slightly lesser Blair who just shows up less often. He's not a metre-maker, and it's one of my big concerns with Herman 99% leaving. TPJ and Joffa do what they can, and TPJ does a lot, but with two similar starters in Blair/Sims, we're generally on the back foot when our starting props can't make a lot of metres.

Ese'ese was starting during our 6 match run. A lot of other factors involved, but he generally only played one stint and got his 10+ for 100+ done in that time. Blair and Sims split their work over two periods
You're forgetting the contribution Moga and Oates make to our go forward though.

With Ese gone and moga gone we're losing 250-300m a game.

I believe Offa can fill in the Ese breach although with less impact

Moga won't get dropped accepted it and Kahu can't tackle for shit, that's why he didn't get picked at centre in the first place.

Moga is in the team by default right now. We just dont have any viable option to replace him. Hopefully, this weekend will see us getting a better player back on the road to fitness.

I was just musing about the game with Melbourne. It got me thinking about the first 15 minutes....16 nil down. What was the main reason I asked myself and before I knew it I was thinking how we DIDN'T play the much maligned Bennetball. We were throwing the ball around without really winning the bash...you know, earning the right type of thing. One out hard graft seemed to be off the agenda. Our ball security was poor as a result of trying to string passes together. Perhaps the Cronulla style grind should be adopted in the early stages. We were always trying to outMelbourne Melbourne . That and the fact that Melbourne and Bellamy are fucking brilliant.

I was just musing about the game with Melbourne. It got me thinking about the first 15 minutes....16 nil down. What was the main reason I asked myself and before I knew it I was thinking how we DIDN'T play the much maligned Bennetball. We were throwing the ball around without really winning the bash...you know, earning the right type of thing. One out hard graft seemed to be off the agenda. Our ball security was poor as a result of trying to string passes together. Perhaps the Cronulla style grind should be adopted in the early stages. We were always trying to outMelbourne Melbourne . That and the fact that Melbourne and Bellamy are fucking brilliant.
I think that style is the way to go against Melbourne though. You will be eaten alive if you go one out against them.
I watched a replay today of our game in 2016 against the Storm late in the season, down there, and we threw the ball around from the get go. It worked well and really rattled the Storm and we ended up getting a very good win.

We tried the same last night and the passes just didn't stick [emoji53]

We played ordinary against the storm. I think some of the senior player will be expected to be looking for redemption. I hate to say it but thaiday is just about getting to the stage of being dropped. Id expect our future lock to be picked this week, barring a miraculous recovery from Maguire. In any case, I'd expect a big minutes forward on the bench for cover (arrow?) and train in that role. Our backs will need a shake up. Atleast, a warning has to be sent to our left side about improving our slide defence (note, not just moga! but certainly him too). Finally we need some self belief in what we do. That means being confident in trusting each other, either in defence, or attack. A good win do wonders but I'd rather see us shut out our opponents defensively. Our defence has been our Achilles heel this year, when we've lost key backs for whatever reason. Something needs to change there. Maybe, increased drilling, although I think its more a mental thing.

we will be winning by 50 boys

Id expect our future lock to be picked this week, barring a miraculous recovery from Maguire. In any case, I'd expect a big minutes forward on the bench for cover (arrow?) and train in that role. Our backs will need a shake up.

We won't be playing next week. We have another bye.
McGuire will probably be right to play for this game in 2 weeks.

Anything less than a complete domination of the knights would be unacceptable. They got smacked by the tigers so surely we can do the same.

Anything less than a complete domination of the knights would be unacceptable. They got smacked by the tigers so surely we can do the same.
The Broncos never completely dominate anyone anymore. I'll take a victory, not concerned with the margin.

The Broncos never completely dominate anyone anymore. I'll take a victory, not concerned with the margin.

I'll take a victory too as long as it's a good performance. Not an error riddled performance where we only won because the knights derp it up even more or we fluke a last minute try.

Some of these players of ours really need to step up against the knights. Good to see Tommy made his comeback for Redcliffe today and scored. Hopefully he pulls up ok and can put some pressure on Moga. I also think Sims, Mead and Hunt need to step up a gear as well.

We won't be playing next week. We have another bye.
McGuire will probably be right to play for this game in 2 weeks.
Whoops, forgot about the bye. Id still include a big minutes player on the bench. Offa is looking more like a starting prop for me. Sims needs to elevate his game and put more consistent performances. Its like he has dropped his bundle after missing origin. I hope thaiday offers more against Newcastle than he did against the storm otherwise I can't see too more games for him after that if any. Its a shame as at his best, he can lift the side the way tallis or webke used to, with his runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • Jedhead
  • Swordfish
  • Emanon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • azza.79
  • upthebroncs
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.