10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I do think I would have preferred hetherington to start at lock with Carrigan at prop and Palasia coming off the bench. Just so we are replacing size with size. If you’re taking off Palasia, Haas or Carrigan with James / Hetherington you lose a bit of size. Even Robati not very big.

I like Billy on the bench. He was good in trials and deserved to be in the team. If Turpin doesn’t start offering more I really think he should be dropped for Paix. Hopefully Paix goes and plays 70 minutes in qcup and learns to make 40 tackles.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Isaako didn't deserve to be dropped. I wouldn't blame him if he was filthy over that.

Niu has done nothing to warrant being the first picked. Isaako did well against the Rabbitohs, he deserves to keep the spot for another week.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Isaako didn't deserve to be dropped. I wouldn't blame him if he was filthy over that.

Niu has done nothing to warrant being the first picked. Isaako did well against the Rabbitohs, he deserves to keep the spot for another week.

Who cares if he's filthy, let's be honest. He is off to Redcliffe next year, what is the point in investing in him? This really is such a non-issue, I really don't understand why some of you are so upset about it. This isn't like a superstar is being left out, he's an average player who was really solid last week. So what?

K

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I normally don't get too upset with other people's opinions but will everyone fucking drop this Issako bullshit. It's not an Issako vs Niu forum, everyone is right in a way and we all need to just agree to disagree. The decision has been made so let's not bring it up anymore please.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015

I understand where you’re coming from, but Niu had trained there all pre season and finished the year there. He was locked in at the position. It would be harsh to not give the position back off one game where all Isaako did was not shit the bed.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Just checking, you know you can use the emoji on the message right? You don't need to post a fairly steady stream of the same post.
Yes, totally aware but I can tell from your response it's having precisely the impact I was looking for. What fun it is to put shoosh on posts, hey? I mean, my ribs are so sore from the hilarity. I think I will look for more posts I can respond to with the oh so clever shoosh!

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yes, totally aware but I can tell from your response it's having precisely the impact I was looking for. What fun it is to put shoosh on posts, hey? I mean, my ribs are so sore from the hilarity. I think I will look for more posts I can respond to with the oh so clever shoosh!

I think you misunderstood my post, I was just generally concerned that you didn’t understand emojis due to your advanced age.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Who cares if he's filthy, let's be honest. He is off to Redcliffe next year, what is the point in investing in him? This really is such a non-issue, I really don't understand why some of you are so upset about it. This isn't like a superstar is being left out, he's an average player who was really solid last week. So what?

This whole mentality on this site that players shouldn’t be picked because they are leaving is just petty bullshit.

He got picked and he didn’t let the team down, that’s the only thing that matters. He earned another week in the role.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Hopefully we don't underestimate the Bulldogs. We've only played on decent game since the trial against the Cowboys... Burton's kicking is a huge asset that'll get them out of trouble fairly easily. Dufty is an upgrade on Meaney too at least with the ball in hand.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This whole mentality on this site that players shouldn’t be picked because they are leaving is just petty bullshit.

He got picked and he didn’t let the team down, that’s the only thing that matters. He earned another week in the role.

So his glowing endorsement is ‘he didn’t let the team down’? You know who else didn’t let the team down? Billy Walters and yet he’s ‘demoted’ to the bench.

And if you actually took the time to read comments about why some of us are saying this decision is not the end of the world, I really don’t know how you arrive at your conclusion that the whole argument is because Isaako is leaving.

I do wonder if a certain poster on here who vehemently defends Isaako has maybe had more influence than some realise. The carry on by some of you would make one think Isaako had an outstanding game last week and this is some kind of injustice, I’m sorry it just isn’t.

I wonder if Penrith fans will feel the same when runner up halfback of the round O’Sullivan is replaced with Cleary because he had a career game, certainly ‘didn’t let the team down’.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Think it is as simple as niu is here until the end of 2023 and isaako is gone at the end of the season,walters cant really come out and say it like that but that would be my best guess.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Hope Tesi kills it.
I don't get the big deal here. He spent the entire preseason at 1 & Kev made it clear he was our first choice FB multiple times. He hasn't been in the side due to injury, so it only makes sense he slots straight back into the 1 jersey once fit.
Isaako wasn't shocking in round 1, but the club has decided to move in a different direction so I don't see an issue with it, might as well get this new spine gelling sooner rather then later.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
If it isn't apparent to you by now reading this thread, @Wolfie does not rate Niu at all, does not think he is capable of improving and would prefer it if he was not even at the club.
nope he blocked me so can't see his posts. So I really hope Niu kills it 🙏

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Isaako is leaving, there are only two reasons we would play him:
* He is clearly the best option for the position.
* Nui could benefit from more development work in Q-Cup so playing Isaako gives us that opportunity.

I'm not saying this is my opinion, but in regards to the above, it appears that Walters believes that Nui is first-grade material already, and that Isaako is not so far ahead of him as to be undroppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Spooky1013
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.