PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
One prop on the bench, mmmmmmmm. The Dogs are sticking with two bigger bodies. Hopefully it makes no difference.
Robati can fill in at prop if necessary and when Kobe comes on he probably stays on and Carrigan comes back as a prop and not at lock.

That will be absolute bullshit if Isaako gets dropped for Tesi. I'm not even a huge fan of Isaako, but its a shitty message to send out to players who have done well then they get dropped for somebody based on last years efforts according to Kevvies statement. Last year means nothing.
Grow up, Tesi was in great form last year. He never lost the fullback jersey IMO.

Grow up, Tesi was in great form last year. He never lost the fullback jersey IMO.
He was alright. Wouldn’t say he was great. Slightly more dependable than Isaako.

Whata with all the loyalty to Isaako on here lol. He’s at a different club next year and has done **** all since he signed for bigger money. Tesi has been improving every time he puts the jumper on. **** Isaako bring in the future

Tesi was as big a mixed bag as Isaako and his defense was as bad as Isaako. He's done nothing to warrant an automatic place in this team. He was fortunate he got in the side really as we were beginning to sort our shit out towards the end of the year.

I just think its a bad call bringing one very mediocre player coming back from injury for another very mediocre player on the back of a good team performance. Its not like we are bringing a top line player in.
Tesi also would of missed abit of pre season you'd think with his Dad's passing, add on top of that a hamstring injury and most likely a case of COVID. I think a game in Qcup to start off would of been beneficial.

Your entitled to your opinion and I’m definitely not going into have an argument like some of the boys last week but Tesi is heaps younger, heaps better and my last point is if everyone else developed over the off-season why is Tesi exempt from this because he started last year shit. He was really impressive towards the back end of last year. I agree if he was possibly rushed back I don’t want a bar of it cause we can well and truely win with Isaako but if he is actually fit that’s what must be done. Cause quite realistically And not trying to get cocky but I can’t see us losing the next 3 games if we keep our heads on, don’t get complacent and continue last weeks trajectory with more cavalry to come. So when do you put Tesi back in if we are winning for the next month?
Yeah, no problem but I wouldn't call Niu really impressive! I thought he was badly out of position quite a few times and probably fortunate to be in the team when we started playing a little bit better. Anyway, not worth worrying about as performance will dictate future actions so it's wait and see if it's the right call.

Adam Reynolds:

“I just want to be successful, that’s what is driving me. This club has a great history behind it, but it’s our turn now to make our own history. We haven’t been where we want to be for a couple of years, but it’s about setting standards at training and making sure we deliver on the field. There is a lot of talent in the change room, it’s just about unlocking that and playing together as a team. I think my game will give the Broncos that direction. I’m a competitive person. I like a challenge ... and what better challenge than to get Brisbane back on track challenging for premierships again.”​
“I’m feeling better this week. Last week I was under the pump with my lungs. I was just trying to get my breaths back. I couldn’t breathe some moments. I didn’t even think there was anything wrong with me except for a sore throat, but as soon as I got into training mode and started running, my heart rate was up. I spoke to numerous people from different clubs about it, they were in the same boat. They told me not to rush it back because of the long-term effect it can have. I can’t wait to finally get out there. It’s a big occasion for myself and it will be a proud moment to lead the club out in a Broncos jumper.”​

McHunt

Tesi was as big a mixed bag as Isaako and his defense was as bad as Isaako. He's done nothing to warrant an automatic place in this team. He was fortunate he got in the side really as we were beginning to sort our shit out towards the end of the year.

I just think its a bad call bringing one very mediocre player coming back from injury for another very mediocre player on the back of a good team performance. Its not like we are bringing a top line player in.
I wouldn't call him "mediocre" but I agree that he's likely to only be a marginal improvement over Jamayne, if at all, especially given his hamstring. No one seems to think he's our long term fullback. But he's less of a dead man walking than Albert and Jake.

He didnt do anything to warrant getting dropped. You cant put all the blame for our lack of tries on Isaako really. We bombed some many chances that had nothing to do with him.

Tesi is so overrated it not funny. In terms of attack, when you look at them from last year, there isnt much between them ( 6 tries 4 assists for Isaako, 8 tries and 3 assists for Tesi ) and they are both terrible defenders. Its not like one is streets ahead of the other in any department apart from goalkicking.
To be fair, he signed with the Dolphins. That's enough to get dropped if he is just doing the bare minimum and not fucking up for one week. I don't think he deserves to get dropped but I also don't think he deserves to keep his spot if another quality fullback is available

Anyone know where Piakura is?

Not named in the extended reserves, not named in Queensland Cup..

Adam Reynolds:

“I just want to be successful, that’s what is driving me. This club has a great history behind it, but it’s our turn now to make our own history. We haven’t been where we want to be for a couple of years, but it’s about setting standards at training and making sure we deliver on the field. There is a lot of talent in the change room, it’s just about unlocking that and playing together as a team. I think my game will give the Broncos that direction. I’m a competitive person. I like a challenge ... and what better challenge than to get Brisbane back on track challenging for premierships again.”​
“I’m feeling better this week. Last week I was under the pump with my lungs. I was just trying to get my breaths back. I couldn’t breathe some moments. I didn’t even think there was anything wrong with me except for a sore throat, but as soon as I got into training mode and started running, my heart rate was up. I spoke to numerous people from different clubs about it, they were in the same boat. They told me not to rush it back because of the long-term effect it can have. I can’t wait to finally get out there. It’s a big occasion for myself and it will be a proud moment to lead the club out in a Broncos jumper.”​

McHunt
Kind of worrying, hope the club is being overly cautious and not rushing him back too soon.

have got no issues with tesi being named , no better time to bring him in against the dogs. in saying that i wouldn't be against isaako having another game.

Totally agree, it is such a nothing issue. Either / or is fine.

Totally agree, it is such a nothing issue. Either / or is fine.
yeah, hopefully Niu can come in and hit the ground running though.
crazy how similar they are but , on the footy field and life .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • cento
  • Hurrijo
  • mystico
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • Dee
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.