PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badel's idea of a joke. Routine testing. They're all having a laugh about it.

Kobe:
They are always hanging around, they are just doing their job. I have lost some weight after Covid, so I’m not big enough to get tested yet.”​
lol covid, putin and now badel cracking funnies what will be next?

I'm pretty excited about this game for a couple of reasons.

1. The doggies weren't great last week and whilst we played pretty well all things considered, the Rabbits weren't good. This game gives us the opportunity to get another win up our sleeve and to start building some momentum, consistency and partnerships. Imagine if it was the Storm or Panthers next up, that could really set us back if we got flogged.

2. Next up we have
- Cowboys (should win)
- Warriors (should win)
- Roosters (50/50 after last week. If they beat the Eels this week, then I see us as long outsiders.)

So we could be 4-1 going into the Panthers game.

That is a great start to the season and although we have some tough games to follow a few wins now, albeit against bottom half teams, will definitely help with the confidence. After that we have -

- Panthers (Loss)
- Bulldogs (Win)
- Sharks (50/50)
- Bunnies (Win)
- Manly (50/50)

So unless something silly happens, I can see us being anything from 9-1 to 6-4 after 10 round. Any of which we would take. Hell, even throw in another loss to Bunnies or Warriors and I would probably take a 5-5 start to the season.

However, given how we played up to teams levels last year....and then down other bottom half teams, I really want to see us being ruthless against the teams we need to beat. No good taking a tight loss from the Roosters and Panthers only to get flogged by the Warriors, Cowboys, Dragons etc.

I will have concerns if we can't put the Doggies and Cowboys away handily over the next 2 weeks.

Lets be honest, Isaako being overlooked for Tesi is not a travesty by any means. Hard luck on Jamayne? Sure but not a travesty by any means.

I think i'm more annoyed ( probably more than i should be ) at the reasoning behind it more than anything. Last years form should mean absolutely nothing. We finished joint second bottom. I can think of plenty of better reasons to pick Niu over Isaako than the one Kevvie has come out with.

I think i'm more annoyed ( probably more than i should be ) at the reasoning behind it more than anything. Last years form should mean absolutely nothing. We finished joint second bottom. I can think of plenty of better reasons to pick Niu over Isaako than the one Kevvie has come out with.

But come on man, Kevvie is a terrible talker to the media, take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

More interesting is the talk of Piakura being in the side and yet he doesn't even make the 24.

I’ve just stopped listening to Kev interviews. I dunno if it’s genius tactics beyond my comprehension or he’s just a bafoon but his actions tend to be better than his words, and rarely do the 2 correlate in any significant way.

He didnt do anything to warrant getting dropped. You cant put all the blame for our lack of tries on Isaako really. We bombed some many chances that had nothing to do with him.

Tesi is so overrated it not funny. In terms of attack, when you look at them from last year, there isnt much between them ( 6 tries 4 assists for Isaako, 8 tries and 3 assists for Tesi ) and they are both terrible defenders. Its not like one is streets ahead of the other in any department apart from goalkicking.
I thought Issakos positioning stepped up a notch against the Rabbitohs and that's an area Tesi lacked in last season.
I would feel alot safer with Issako catching Burton's bombs as Tesi looked very shaky under the high ball last season.
I'd be giving this round to Issako and send Tesi to Qcup to get some match fitness, if he kills it he's earnt his spot if he isn't a class above down there he stays there until Issako has a shocker or he overtakes him

But come on man, Kevvie is a terrible talker to the media, take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

More interesting is the talk of Piakura being in the side and yet he doesn't even make the 24.

He is, but to me thats not the kind of thing you get wrong.

Maybe i'm just a bit old fashioned but i think players should prove both their fitness and form in Queensland cup, unless we are talking about players in the Lockyer calibre. We are coming off the back of a good performance, Tesi has been missing for weeks with injury, i dont see the need at this moment in time to make that change. Play him at Souths and let him show us he is fit and firing. Its basically what Kevvie wanted to Walsh to do in all honesty. Its not something i'm just jumping on the bandwagon with now, i've been saying for years too many of our players havent had to prove themselves before getting an NRL spot.

I’ve just stopped listening to Kev interviews. I dunno if it’s genius tactics beyond my comprehension or he’s just a bafoon but his actions tend to be better than his words, and rarely do the 2 correlate in any significant way.
Buffoon mate🤣🤣🤣🤣 meant nicely.

He is, but to me thats not the kind of thing you get wrong.

Maybe i'm just a bit old fashioned but i think players should prove both their fitness and form in Queensland cup, unless we are talking about players in the Lockyer calibre. We are coming off the back of a good performance, Tesi has been missing for weeks with injury, i dont see the need at this moment in time to make that change. Play him at Souths and let him show us he is fit and firing. Its basically what Kevvie wanted to Walsh to do in all honesty. Its not something i'm just jumping on the bandwagon with now, i've been saying for years too many of our players havent had to prove themselves before getting an NRL spot.
Totally agree and before anyone says otherwise, it's got nothing to do with Isaako being dumped. If Uni is poor in defense again I would expect he gets a spell in Qcup. I'm expecting him to be unsighted when a kick goes through and I sure as **** don't think he's good under the high ball. Oh well, I have to trust that KW knows more than we do.

It's not a good look is it when winning isn't enough to keep you in a team especially if you did nothing wrong. Mind you, KW does have quite a few players on his roster who need to play nrl and it will keep plenty on their toes.

NRL2022Round2TeamList

And when Tesi locked down the fullback spot in the last 10 weeks, we did look remarkably a lot better than the first start of the year. Isaako has had quite a few games at fullback and always delivered a very mixed bag. Just because we won last week doesnt mean he deserves to hold his spot for the next game. If he was the man of the match on the weekend it might have been a bit harder of a call to make.

One prop on the bench, mmmmmmmm. The Dogs are sticking with two bigger bodies. Hopefully it makes no difference.

It's not a good look is it when winning isn't enough to keep you in a team especially if you did nothing wrong. Mind you, KW does have quite a few players on his roster who need to play nrl and it will keep plenty on their toes.
Your entitled to your opinion and I’m definitely not going into have an argument like some of the boys last week but Tesi is heaps younger, heaps better and my last point is if everyone else developed over the off-season why is Tesi exempt from this because he started last year shit. He was really impressive towards the back end of last year. I agree if he was possibly rushed back I don’t want a bar of it cause we can well and truely win with Isaako but if he is actually fit that’s what must be done. Cause quite realistically And not trying to get cocky but I can’t see us losing the next 3 games if we keep our heads on, don’t get complacent and continue last weeks trajectory with more cavalry to come. So when do you put Tesi back in if we are winning for the next month?

And when Tesi locked down the fullback spot in the last 10 weeks, we did look remarkably a lot better than the first start of the year. Isaako has had quite a few games at fullback and always delivered a very mixed bag. Just because we won last week doesnt mean he deserves to hold his spot for the next game. If he was the man of the match on the weekend it might have been a bit harder of a call to make.

Tesi was as big a mixed bag as Isaako and his defense was as bad as Isaako. He's done nothing to warrant an automatic place in this team. He was fortunate he got in the side really as we were beginning to sort our shit out towards the end of the year.

I just think its a bad call bringing one very mediocre player coming back from injury for another very mediocre player on the back of a good team performance. Its not like we are bringing a top line player in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • IceWorks
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • eazy-duzzit
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.