PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't see Nui being any great boost to the team. Honestly I thought he was pretty average last year. No, this isn't butthurt over Isaako. Winning is all that matters. Hopefully Nui is so good the outbound Isaako isn't required but I am in no way convinced Nui is the fullback answer.

Any danger you spell his name right?

Any danger you spell his name right?
regular show mordecai GIF

I really don't see Nui being any great boost to the team. Honestly I thought he was pretty average last year. No, this isn't butthurt over Isaako. Winning is all that matters. Hopefully Nui is so good the outbound Isaako isn't required but I am in no way convinced Nui is the fullback answer.
Nor am I nor would any astute Bronco fan. But he is terribly inexperienced and he has cut his teeth with a terrible team. He has that X factor about him and has speed to burn. I think with experience, he will become a real strike weapon whether that's at fullback, centre, who knows!?

Kevie has him pencilled in as the long term FB (possibly). The sooner he's in that line-up, the quicker his development will be.

The fact that Isaako is compared with Niu, says everything you need to know about how Isaako's progression as a footballer has come to a grinding halt. Tesi Niu is a 20 year old with about 20 games next to his name, Isaako is a 25 year old with 70+ games next to his name. Isaako should be coming into his own but he's not. We as fans are happy when we get an error free performance out of him, forget the try assists and all that. We just don't want him to turn over the ball.

This guy was the Dally M rookie of the year in 2018, since then he's been rotated between the wing and fullback, a couple of great games but probably just as many very very ordinary games too. It's time we look to the future, he's not about to magically turn that corner.

If Tesi Niu is fit, he should be the preferred option.

The fact that Isaako is compared with Niu, says everything you need to know about how Isaako's progression as a footballer has come to a grinding halt. Tesi Niu is a 20 year old with about 20 games next to his name, Isaako is a 25 year old with 70+ games next to his name. Isaako should be coming into his own but he's not. We as fans are happy when we get an error free performance out of him, forget the try assists and all that. We just don't want him to turn over the ball.

This guy was the Dally M rookie of the year in 2018, since then he's been rotated between the wing and fullback, a couple of great games but probably just as many very very ordinary games too. It's time we look to the future, he's not about to magically turn that corner.

If Tesi Niu is fit, he should be the preferred option.
Can’t argue with any of this.

I’ve said it elsewhere, but Isaako did nothing wrong to deserve to be dropped.

But that’s just it, isn’t it. We shouldn’t be holding onto ‘nothing wrong’ players, especially in the spine. We absolutely need more than that if we want to drag ourselves up the ladder.

Yeah man, I think most of us agree with you. Niu has his deficiencies for sure, especially defensively and it is a huge concern and really, the reason none of us are convinced he is the long term answer at fullback. As mentioned above though, if Isaako and Niu are much of a muchness, go with the kid and get more experience into him to find out if he can become something. Isaako is a solid player but he's also not a rookie anymore. He's also out the door, so no real need to nurture / stick with him, that is the brutal reality to be honest.

I’m confident that this will be second weekend in a row and about 4th time in 2 years that I won’t have a melt down on team list Tuesday! Come one Kevvie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.