PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courier Mail is reporting Tesi is in the mix this weekend pending being "put through the paces." I'm still skeptical about it being a good idea, but it appears to have legs.

Assuming that @1910 is correct about Piakura, which is likely to be the case, then the REAL issue we should be talking about is what a sad indictment on the game it is that a guy on an Internet forum even needs to be in the conversation about getting accurate information around basic shit like player suspension terms in the first place, because the governing body’s own media and AND professional external media bodies that generate a fortune in revenue covering the game can’t actually be relied upon to get this shit right. It’s vintage NRL. It’s vintage Rugbt League.

Rugby Union is the sport that gets played by Amateurs, while Rugby League is the sport that gets run by them.

You'd think the Gold standard would be the NRL website:

Rugby Union is the sport that gets played by Amateurs, while Rugby League is the sport that gets run by them.

Absolutely this. No disrespect to 1910 because they seem to be pretty plugged in, but it's an absolute embarrassment that the likely most accurate information on whether an NRL player is available or suspended is an unverifiable pseudonymous person making posts ten pages deep in a fan forum instead of, oh I don't know, the official NRL website or professional journalists whose only job is to cover the sport.

letterkenny-embarrassing.gif

Meanwhile, I'm thinking Piakura for TC Robati might be ill advised for this week. The Dogs have quite a big pack when you add TPJ to the mix and I think we'll need all the bulk we can muster if we wish to keep him under wraps. We all know how deft he is at getting off-loads away while under pressure.

One can only hope he turns in one of those 'can't be really bothered' performances as opposed to his off-loading with 3 or 4 of our guys all over him.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking Piakura for TC Robati might be ill advised for this week. The Dogs have quite a big pack when you add TPJ to the mix and I think we'll need all the bulk we can muster if we wish to keep him under wraps. We all know how deft he is at getting off-loads away while under pressure.

One can only hope he turns in one of those 'can't be really bothered' performances as opposed to his off-loading with 3 or 4 of our guys all over him.
If TPJ is playing on the left he's gonna try and run at Reynolds all night but I think we may also send traffic at him all night to counter that as he's an extremely lazy defender and his fitness isn't that of an elite backrower.

Not worried about pack size, ours is more balanced and definitely more mobile which is advantageous under the current rule set.

Niu was training at 1.

Both Kelly and Walters will be in the 17.

My hope is for Billy to pop up at hooker - talk is that Reyno wants Kelly as his partner.

Gamble is still on restricted contact

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynalds
8. Palasia
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Robati
15. James
16. Piakura
17. Walters

6 Kelly / 14 Walters would be my pick. I don't want Turpin filling in at lock while Walters is on, the main criticism is that he is too tired from defence to offer anything in attack, that move would just make it worse. While also meaning we have one less running forward at the time. I would even suggest that Turpin goes off at the 25-30 minute mark & Walters sees out the game at 9, that way we don't need to waste another interchange bringing Turpin back on.

Can't see Kobe being left out personally. At the expense of who, I'm not sure
Same. He may be given an extra week of rest and then James would likely make way for him.

The bench I see as rotating all year. We still have Flegles to come back in. R3 correct?

I really don't see Nui being any great boost to the team. Honestly I thought he was pretty average last year. No, this isn't butthurt over Isaako. Winning is all that matters. Hopefully Nui is so good the outbound Isaako isn't required but I am in no way convinced Nui is the fullback answer.

I really don't see Nui being any great boost to the team. Honestly I thought he was pretty average last year. No, this isn't butthurt over Isaako. Winning is all that matters. Hopefully Nui is so good the outbound Isaako isn't required but I am in no way convinced Nui is the fullback answer.
8 Tries and 3 try assists is pretty good attacking output for a rookie fullback in a side that finished 3rd last.

Obviously he has his defensive deficiencies but they're identical to Isaako's (who is leaving) so why not just let Tesi play if he's fit.

8 Tries and 3 try assists is pretty good attacking output for a rookie fullback in a side that finished 3rd last.

Obviously he has his defensive deficiencies but they're identical to Isaako's (who is leaving) so why not just let Tesi play if he's fit.
That's fine, not attacking him just unconvinced. Aside from some defensive deficiencies I thought his positioning was very poor at times but yes, I know he's a learner. It's going to be a wait and see.

Depends who's better under the high ball for mine. Those kicks Burton puts up look like a nightmare.

Depends who's better under the high ball for mine. Those kicks Burton puts up look like a nightmare.
Well, I'm a Isaako supporter and would feel better if he was catching them but as always, KW decides so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.