PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Training with the Renegades on a Monday doesn't mean a thing
Dobbo agrees with you. He has Tesi returning. Albert at 6, Billy at 14, as otherwise expected. Pat at lock, Kobe on the bench.

I guess as far as a first game back it doesn’t get much easier than the dogs. Might as well get it out of the way.
Except we've got cows back at home the week after 😏😏😏

If both of them are fit then I think we should go with whichever is best under the high ball... and that is probably Isaako??

Burton raining down torpedo bombs will be a tactic for the dogs all year... we don't want someone susceptible at fullback giving away cheap possession

Except we've got cows back at home the week after 😏😏😏

If both of them are fit then I think we should go with whichever is best under the high ball... and that is probably Isaako??

Burton raining down torpedo bombs will be a tactic for the dogs all year... we don't want someone susceptible at fullback giving away cheap possession
Tbh either of them + Oates makes me nervous under Burton’s boot. Felt didn’t want a bar of it all game.

Look, I know the NRL is an incompetent organisation but if they list a player as being suspended until Round 2, I tend to go with that.

The other thing is, @1910 is very likely correct but it is also very likely that the NRL doesn't even know because consistency and accuracy are not the NRL's forte.

I am far from Isaako and Turpin's fan but neither deserves to be dropped this week. That said, if Tesi is good to go, it probably makes sense to get him back in as Isaako isn't with us next year anyway, so no point investing in him, just keep him as a break glass option.

Kev confirmed on 100% footy on 9 Adam, Albert and Billy will all be in the 17 this week.
Also made mention of the qualities James brings so I'm guessing hell remain on the bench for sometime.

Then you need to explain why he's been playing since he sat out two games- I also have email confirmation from NRL and QRL dated in September he's served his time with those two games.
I don’t need to explain anything - it’s not my website.

Previous discussion on Piakura's suspension was here

Timeline:
- Piakura was suspended in the Sharks game on 28th of August,
- Doesn't play or get named in the NRL match vs knights or the devils match vs Wynnum on 5th of Sep
- Doesn't get named vs Jets on 11th September the following week
- Named on the bench in the devils team vs Tweed for finals week 1
- Then gets named to start in Week 3 vs Bears where he gets knocked out within about 5mins ending his season.

His suspension was served last year NRL and Fox are just idiots that only care about NSWRL.

If the broncos coaching staff wanted to play Piakura last week they definitely could have... if they were believing the NRL records and not doing their own recording of player availability then that's on them for missing it and not proving the fact to NRL to rectify their nonsense records.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reno
8. Palasia (no point changing a winning pick)
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. ??? Riki looks vulnerable here(Piakura?)
13. Carrigan

14. Walters
15. James
16. Hetherington
17. Jensen

No idea if this will even be close, that is from 8 upwards with the exception of Haas, Carrigan Capewell and Turps. Any news on Capewell's shoulder?

Truthfully, if I was picking I'd find it hard to drop anyone from a winning side but someone must make way for Reynolds.

Dobbo agrees with you. He has Tesi returning. Albert at 6, Billy at 14, as otherwise expected. Pat at lock, Kobe on the bench.

Man those are some INS

We had a great win in round one and everyone did their part to get us this win. But Issako is getting alot of over appraisal here because he looked better than he actually was because our other 12 on the field did their job. He had no assists, no tries and even his goals would of made no difference to the result.
Issako did solid fill in job but at the end of the day that's all he was going to be til Niu was fit to play. If Niu is good to go then no reason not to play him this week with Reynolds back and playing lasts years wooden spooners. This is like his trial game in a way, of course not meaning too much disrespect to the Bulldogs only comparing them to top 6 teams.
1.Niu
2.Cobbo
3.Staggs
4.Herbie
5.Oates
6.Kelly
7.Reynolds
14.Walters showed what he can do at dummy, so bring him on for Turpin earlier for more attack.

It's amazing how the perspective changes when you win

Had we lost, Isaako & Turpin would be instant omissions as far as we as the fans are concerned but seeing as we won, Isaako should get another week as to not rush back Tesi and Turpin although he didn't create much made 50 tackles or something and did enough

It's amazing how the perspective changes when you win

Had we lost, Isaako & Turpin would be instant omissions as far as we as the fans are concerned but seeing as we won, Isaako should get another week as to not rush back Tesi and Turpin although he didn't create much made 50 tackles or something and did enough
It’s not so much that we won but how we won. If we played exactly the same but the bunnies happened to score 12 points, I would feel the same. Everyone played well.

My only concern with Niu is rushing him back after a win, would hate to see him come in at 80%. But if the physio and club medical think he is good to go, we have to trust he is.

Walters to the 14 seems the most logical call, as it rewards his efforts for us so far without offending/disrupting team harmony. Also I really want to get another look at him out of dummy half, his footwork out of there in the trials was damaging and he had a crisp pass on him. Could be a real game changer.

TC possibly being omitted was a surprise for me, as he can fit in anywhere in the engine room. With Hethrington and Piakura on the bench we seem a bit light this week on the bench. Indicating that Hass will be in for more big minutes along with Pat. I thought we were moving away from this?

Looking forward to the team list today.

Previous discussion on Piakura's suspension was here

Timeline:
- Piakura was suspended in the Sharks game on 28th of August,
- Doesn't play or get named in the NRL match vs knights or the devils match vs Wynnum on 5th of Sep
- Doesn't get named vs Jets on 11th September the following week
- Named on the bench in the devils team vs Tweed for finals week 1
- Then gets named to start in Week 3 vs Bears where he gets knocked out within about 5mins ending his season.

His suspension was served last year NRL and Fox are just idiots that only care about NSWRL.

If the broncos coaching staff wanted to play Piakura last week they definitely could have... if they were believing the NRL records and not doing their own recording of player availability then that's on them for missing it and not proving the fact to NRL to rectify their nonsense records.
Then you need to explain why he's been playing since he sat out two games- I also have email confirmation from NRL and QRL dated in September he's served his time with those two games.
I'm fine with the prospect of various outlets reporting wrong info - I take that for granted and check other sources - all I'm asking for is another source to verify @1910 's take. "Trust me" isn't enough. It's not personal.

I want our Roster and Casualty/Suspension threads to be the gold standard.

At any rate, it's moot now. Everyone agrees he's available. Let's see if he's picked today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • kwomo
  • jarro65
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.