PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peeks over The Cyclone? I wonder what has made Kevvie go that way. I'm not saying its a good or bad decision, just wondering the rationale.

All I hope to see this year is (a) some consistency; (b) incremental improvement each game and (c) that when they do get in a hole they don't drop their heads. The signs regarding (c) were good in the South's game.

We are still a young side so every now and then we have to expect a bit of back sliding, but hopefully it is not every 2-3 games.
Yeh, incremental steps is the name of the game.

Albeit without seeing Reynolds play once for us yet.

I managed to watch the whole game, coldnt see it in real time.

Souths threw away any chance they had of winning. Same shapes but different personel to run them. 64% completion rate (30/45), 14 handling errors and seven penalties conceded.

Our line defence was clearly not expected by Souths. It was quick and well structured.

Cobbo needs to watch how Mansour scored in the corner under pressure; go low son, not high...

RLW pointed out a few things for Souths, but we need to keep this in mind.

Souths-backrow-line-Farnworth-D.gif

Souths-backrow-line.gif

Note our edge defence. Now we got away with this both times, and yeh Souths shape in both isnt good enough.

Canterbury have a few guys who can cause damage on our edge.

Kellys intercept was again a poor pass from poor shape, though you could argue we "should" have been 10-12 points ahead by this stage.

Id like to see if we can improve defensively on our edges next game...

Accoring to training this morning....interesting piakura over TC

1. Isaako 2. Cobbo 3. Staggs 4. Farnworth 5. Oates 6. Kelly 7. Reynolds 8. Carrigan 9. Turpin 10. Haas 11. Capewell 12. RIki 13. Hetherington 14. Walters 15. Palasia 16. James 17. Piakura
TC did cop a charge during the game I'm pretty sure but didn't think it would be suspension worthy..

Accoring to training this morning....interesting piakura over TC

1. Isaako 2. Cobbo 3. Staggs 4. Farnworth 5. Oates 6. Kelly 7. Reynolds 8. Carrigan 9. Turpin 10. Haas 11. Capewell 12. RIki 13. Hetherington 14. Walters 15. Palasia 16. James 17. Piakura
Tesi also training with the Renegades.

Selwyn faces off against Addo Carr this weekend.

Renouf:

“My advice to Selwyn is don’t get overawed by the situation and worry about your own game. Just look after your defence first and think about how you’re going to stop your opposite number. For a player like Selwyn, his attack comes naturally. What he’s got to concentrate on is his defence, especially against a player like Addo-Carr. He just has to keep him quiet all night and his job is done.”

“Albert is still the front runner for No.6 and Billy possibly goes on to the bench as a No.14. That’s the way it probably should go and probably will go and that’s just going on experience. A few people jumped on Kevvie about playing Billy but out of what he had left in the halves, Billy had first grade experience. He’s a good player and plays with confidence. He didn’t overplay his hand. While Albert Kelly can do anything with the ball.”

“They were good the other night but getting Reynolds back will just smarten them up a bit more. They can’t get ahead of themselves because it’s only round 1 but they’ve got to take that one and build on it. They beat Souths, who were grand finalists last year, and if they go in with the same attitude, they’ll beat anyone.”

McHunt

Peeks over The Cyclone? I wonder what has made Kevvie go that way. I'm not saying its a good or bad decision, just wondering the rationale.
Could be nothing other than giving Piakura a run with the main squad.

Could be nothing other than giving Piakura a run with the main squad.
Kevvie probably wants to stick one up the Dogs by showing them what they missed out on signing
Maybe Brendan has worked his way up the bench pecking order over the off season and would've played last week if he wasn't suspended. TC only got 15 minutes last week.

Maybe Brendan has worked his way up the bench pecking order over the off season and would've played last week if he wasn't suspended. TC only got 15 minutes last week.

Piakura wasn’t suspended.

TC didn't have much impact the other night, that's what Kevvie will be thinking about

I might be outcast for saying this.

Pikura and Robati is the battle of the impact bench 2nd row. Neither are currently fully fledged staring back rowers given their experience. They are both valuable more currently as impact interchange. As to who is more mobile with longer legs i don't know. Either one needs to have a role of coming on and injecting energy and reliable hits for 3 minutes.

Jensen for me fits into the same role, however older head.

So Tesi is apparently a chance at playing this week.
Sounds like we could be in for pretty much a new look spine this week:
1. Tesi
6. Kelly
7. Reyno
9. Turps
14. Walters

So Tesi is apparently a chance at playing this week.
Sounds like we could be in for pretty much a new look spine this week:
1. Tesi
6. Kelly
7. Reyno
9. Turps
14. Walters
That’s big I could see that being the spine for the whole year injuries pending. Only issue I had with Dobbo’s reportings was Carrigan 13. Hetho bench. I will live it’s not a get your knickers in a twist stuff but I thought Hetho deserved that jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.