PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
This probably won't happen, but I'm of the opinion that Turpin stays at 9, and Paix comes in as our 14... Both players play 50-60mins with Turps spelling at lock when Kobe goes off.

It does mean that one of Billy or Alby is missing out.

That being said, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't work out that way either. Billy was arguably our best 9 in trials.

This probably won't happen, but I'm of the opinion that Turpin stays at 9, and Paix comes in as our 14... Both players play 50-60mins with Turps spelling at lock when Kobe goes off.

It does mean that one of Billy or Alby is missing out.

That being said, I won't be disappointed if it doesn't work out that way either. Billy was arguably our best 9 in trials.

I don’t mind whatever way Kevvie goes, also happy for Paix to spend a week or three in cup to get his fitness up and Turpin really earned another game.

Eh, I just noticed even though it's a Sunday game, it's not on FTA. Motherfucker.

Youre The Worst Cary Elwes GIF by Disney+

Say what you will, the Dogs were good.

They basically won that game with 14 men and were denied a fair try, and could have easily scored one more.

It won't be a walk in the park. I'd like to think we'll win if we turn up like last week, but if we have the slightest arrogance, they'll win.

Burton's kicking game will cause some serious headaches, he has a ridiculous boot.

You can already see the attitude shift players like Capewell and Reynolds have brought to the squad.

The dreamer in me says we can go the entire way this year, but the realist will be happy with a competitive team that doesn’t beat themselves and most importantly, doesn’t capitulate at the first sign of trouble.

If we can do that, I genuinely think we are a shot at finishing as high as fifth.

You can already see the attitude shift players like Capewell and Reynolds have brought to the squad.

The dreamer in me says we can go the entire way this year, but the realist will be happy with a competitive team that doesn’t beat themselves and most importantly, doesn’t capitulate at the first sign of trouble.

If we can do that, I genuinely think we are a shot at finishing as high as fifth.
I hope so I think we'll know in about 8 weeks how they handle the week to week grind. It easy to get up for a week or two but the real pros do it week in week out.

We have the talent to be top 6 if our attitude is great.

Have the covid travelling rules changed back to normal this year??

@Big Pete maybe??

It seems to be something that hasn't been spoken about much since 2020, but back then it was fly in fly out for away games.

I cant recall if it was a requirement before the bubble last year... and havent really seen too much regarding covid restrictions this year, except that it's been relaxed.

I'll feel a bit better about away games this year if the FIFO requirement has been removed and the team can organise their away games on a more typical routine... fly in the day before, etc.

All I hope to see this year is (a) some consistency; (b) incremental improvement each game and (c) that when they do get in a hole they don't drop their heads. The signs regarding (c) were good in the South's game.

We are still a young side so every now and then we have to expect a bit of back sliding, but hopefully it is not every 2-3 games.

Accoring to training this morning....interesting piakura over TC

1. Isaako 2. Cobbo 3. Staggs 4. Farnworth 5. Oates 6. Kelly 7. Reynolds 8. Carrigan 9. Turpin 10. Haas 11. Capewell 12. RIki 13. Hetherington 14. Walters 15. Palasia 16. James 17. Piakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • theshed
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Waynesaurus
  • whykickamoocow
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.