PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danger game. Because we’re expected to win.

I wouldn’t say so, be interesting to see what odds the TAB throw up

Bulldogs at home, TPJ first game for them against old club that made it obvious he wasn’t wanted.. they’re the ones who have gone out on a wild spending spree and with that comes heavy expectation

Will be very interesting what happens with our 9 and 6. Turpin tackled his way into retention probably. It’s gonna end up a really tough call between Walters and Paix. I would lean towards Billy, like how he handles the game mentally, still think Paix gets flustered at times. Kelly needs to be 6, has a great turn of pace that will work so well playing off of Reynolds.

I wouldn’t say so, be interesting to see what odds the TAB throw up

Bulldogs at home, TPJ first game for them against old club that made it obvious he wasn’t wanted.. they’re the ones who have gone out on a wild spending spree and with that comes heavy expectation
we are slight favourites with Sportsbet.

Going to be a big test this week to see if our young team can stay consistent and grounded in a game where they will be considerable favourites. The dogs aren't particularly good, but they are tough and if we lose focus we could easily let this one slip. Good teams bank wins and points early in the season, so we need to make sure we turn up for this.

After watching the Dogs last night, Hetherington's quick PTBs will be a challenge (like Host's in the Rabbits game), but their spine is a bigger mess than ours and their entire attack seems to centre on an astoundingly overrated and unproven Matt Burton. We have the class and talent to win handily, and should be aiming to do so.

We saw last week what this team is capable of, now excited to see them prove they can produce it on a weekly basis.

I personally think the experience and flair of Kelly trumps the effort and passion of Billy in the race for the #6 jersey, but could understand Kevvie going either way.

After watching the Dogs last night, Hetherington's quick PTBs will be a challenge (like Host's in the Rabbits game), but their spine is a bigger mess than ours and their entire attack seems to centre on an astoundingly overrated and unproven Matt Burton. We have the class and talent to win handily, and should be aiming to do so.
"Astoundingly overrated"?

I think he proved last year he is a good player, admittedly mostly in the centres but he filled in well for Cleary as well.

I agree with unproven but i don't see anywhere near the hype for Burton to make him "astoundingly" overrated compared to other players like Amone, Walker, Coates and even our own Cobbo.

I think he proved last year he is a good player, admittedly mostly in the centres but he filled in well for Cleary as well.

I agree with unproven but i don't see anywhere near the hype for Burton to make him "astoundingly" overrated compared to other players like Amone, Walker, Coates and even our own Cobbo.
His kicking game is in a class of its own when it comes to power (not accuracy so much). His boot is huge

He's a promising young centre with a big boot... I've seen claims from surprisingly qualified people that he's one of the top halves in the comp, that he's shown more promise than a young Brad Fittler and talk as if he's the messiah to single handedly turn the Dogs around.

It's no knock on Burton, who looks a very likely prospect - but the way people are carrying on about him is silly.... and I'd say exactly the same about players like Cobbo - who in my opinion isn't even first grade material yet.

Burton’s a good player but I don’t think he’s the guy who will individually win games for the Dogs, he’s got a good running game and a big boot on him

Those are two pretty big assets for a half.

All I hope is that the 17 that played last week haven’t had their heads in the paper all weekend reading how good they were.
Sure, they deserve praise for the win, but it’s one win, let’s see it backed up this week and then next week.
I’m also wary they may slack off a little as Reynolds will slot into the side.
It’s just great to see the Broncos not be a one man team last week, let’s hope they can continue it.
There isn’t any reason they shouldn’t be 4/4 in a few weeks.

All I hope is that the 17 that played last week haven’t had their heads in the paper all weekend reading how good they were.
Sure, they deserve praise for the win, but it’s one win, let’s see it backed up this week and then next week.
I’m also wary they may slack off a little as Reynolds will slot into the side.
It’s just great to see the Broncos not be a one man team last week, let’s hope they can continue it.
There isn’t any reason they shouldn’t be 4/4 in a few weeks.

They are still a young team, so I won't be surprised if they drop a game here and there but I really want us to at least be 3-1.

They are still a young team, so I won't be surprised if they drop a game here and there but I really want us to at least be 3-1.
We're already 3-1:

Broncos 24 d Warriors 22
Sharks 24 d Broncos 16
Broncos 35 d Knights 22
Broncos 11 d Rabbitohs 4

It will be an interesting game, I know we beat the Cows last season and finished 14th but in the last 2 seasons between Canterbury and us.. we've been the 2 worst teams in the NRL

Be interesting to see how far the 2 clubs have come as the season pans out in such a short time frame, you hear blokes like Phil Gould talk about it taking 5 years to turn a club from a bottom 4 team to a genuine top 4 team or at least that was his great plan at Penrith all those years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TimWhatley
  • Morkel
  • porouian
  • Mr Fourex
  • Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • Nerd
  • whykickamoocow
  • Sproj
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.