PRE-GAME [Round 2, 2022] Bulldogs vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would really rather see Hetherington starting at 13, with Carrigan pushing to prop. Maybe this week Kevie playing it safe in case Hetherington still not 100% post COVID.

After much ado about Paix he seems to now be fit but can't crack either the 9 or the 14 (17?) jersey. Little confusing given how sharp he looked in the trials.

Otherwise, this is pretty much our best side (once Flegler comes back and replaces Ryan James)

That will be absolute bullshit if Isaako gets dropped for Tesi. I'm not even a huge fan of Isaako, but its a shitty message to send out to players who have done well then they get dropped for somebody based on last years efforts according to Kevvies statement. Last year means nothing.

Would really rather see Hetherington starting at 13, with Carrigan pushing to prop. Maybe this week Kevie playing it safe in case Hetherington still not 100% post COVID.

After much ado about Paix he seems to now be fit but can't crack either the 9 or the 14 (17?) jersey. Little confusing given how sharp he looked in the trials.

Otherwise, this is pretty much our best side (once Flegler comes back and replaces Ryan James)
Paix has gone further back in the queue behind Walters. He's still more likely to get a game than Mead, Roberts and Isaako.

That will be absolute bullshit if Isaako gets dropped for Tesi. I'm not even a huge fan of Isaako, but its a shitty message to send out to players who have done well then they get dropped for somebody based on last years efforts according to Kevvies statement. Last year means nothing.
I’m with ya mate but I’ll give it a pass given that it’s Isaako.

How did Isaako do well on the weekend. He only managed to not **** it up last weekend. Didn't set up a try or look threatening at all in attack. We scored 11 points and 6 came from an intercept. We look way better in attack with Tesi at the back.

Like i said, i dont even rate him, but i still cant get on board with that even for Isaako.
I think he can consider himself hard done by but by that token so can Kennedy. No complaints about him being dropped though? Isaako is gone next year so might as well move on from him.

How did Isaako do well on the weekend. He only managed to not **** it up last weekend. Didn't set up a try or look threatening at all in attack. We scored 11 points and 6 came from an intercept. We look way better in attack with Tesi at the back.

He didnt do anything to warrant getting dropped. You cant put all the blame for our lack of tries on Isaako really. We bombed some many chances that had nothing to do with him.

Tesi is so overrated it not funny. In terms of attack, when you look at them from last year, there isnt much between them ( 6 tries 4 assists for Isaako, 8 tries and 3 assists for Tesi ) and they are both terrible defenders. Its not like one is streets ahead of the other in any department apart from goalkicking.

I think he can consider himself hard done by but by that token so can Kennedy. No complaints about him being dropped though? Isaako is gone next year so might as well move on from him.
Agreed, he has signed elsewhere, I would rather we use a low risk game against the doggies to get Niu back into the swing of things. We don't need his kicking either as Reyno is back.

However if there is even a tiny chance that Niu is not fully recovered, then they are morons to bring him back early and risk further injury.

I'd accept that as a reason for going with Tesi tbh. Saying he has earned the right to play because he did well last year ( which is arguable anyway ) is ridiculous. At least you could see the logic behind developing a player who is staying.

I feel a bit sorry for Kennedy as well, but at least he is getting replaced with a player who has actually been performing.

A back row of Hetherington and TPJ and Thompson at prop.

If they get penalised any less than 10 times the NRL need to investigate a fix.

Kevin Walters:

“It’s great, it’s fantastic for Adam. He hasn’t played for us in the trials so it will be good to finally get him out there in a Broncos jersey. It’s good he is coming into a winning environment as well, but he just needs to get out there and play. You can see the effect he has on everyone when he is out there. He has come here to play plenty of footy so now he is back.”​
“I couldn’t split them really, Albert and Bill were both very good last week. But I went with ‘Alby’ because of his association last year with the club. He finished the season off well, so he deserved first crack in that position. It’s good to have depth and competition amongst players because that inspires guys to be better.”​
“Tesi has to get through two more training sessions, but he looks to be in pretty good shape. I feel a bit sorry for Jamayne, he played well for us in a winning team but Tesi based on what he did last year earnt the right to get the jersey back.”​

McHunt

anything to the drug testing article in the cm or just click bait fluff piece?

must have seen it around the same time as you @McHunt lol

I'd accept that as a reason for going with Tesi tbh. Saying he has earned the right to play because he did well last year ( which is arguable anyway ) is ridiculous. At least you could see the logic behind developing a player who is staying.

I feel a bit sorry for Kennedy as well, but at least he is getting replaced with a player who has actually been performing.
I definitely agree with your sentiment in theory but with some of the nightmare team lists and changes over the last few season, I’m not going to be overly critical of a list like this that is at least not total fuckery, and I’m definitely not choosing Isaako to be the hill to die on.

What I am hoping though is that this is the settled 17 (sans Flegler) and that Kev now gives them an extended run bar injury. He now has to back this spine and give them time to gel.

Lets be honest, Isaako being overlooked for Tesi is not a travesty by any means. Hard luck on Jamayne? Sure but not a travesty by any means.

anything to the drug testing article in the cm or just click bait fluff piece?
Badel's idea of a joke. Routine testing. They're all having a laugh about it.

Kobe:
They are always hanging around, they are just doing their job. I have lost some weight after Covid, so I’m not big enough to get tested yet.”​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • IceWorks
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • eazy-duzzit
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.