10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
If anyone has an issue with Isaako being replaced by the intended starter just because the team won last week then the same principle should apply to Kennedy being dropped for Hetherington... But there seems to be a whole lot less disagreement about that.

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
If anyone has an issue with Isaako being replaced by the intended starter just because the team won last week then the same principle should apply to Kennedy being dropped for Hetherington... But there seems to be a whole lot less disagreement about that.
A lot of members on here are just bored they have to have something to complain about even after a win

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
A lot of members on here are just bored they have to have something to complain about even after a win
i considerate a welcome headache, it's been awhile since we've been in this situation, especially when it's multiple positions. options across the board, they may not be top tier options but definitely better than other years past . credit to the club imo and let's hope that the battle for positions continues from here on in.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
i considerate a welcome headache, it's been awhile since we've been in this situation, especially when it's multiple positions. options across the board, they may not be top tier options but definitely better than other years past . credit to the club imo and let's hope that the battle for positions continues from here on in.
Happy about the options and the battle but I’m really hopeful Kev sticks with this squad for half a season so they can form combinations. I’m hopeful he has rushed Niu back in so we are as close to full strength as possible and can now settle the changes and get on with the season. The only change that needs to happen (barring injury) for the next 8-10 rounds is Flegler. Tweaking the starters v bench isn’t such a crime but the 17 needs to be as settled as possible.

Maybe Paix or Mam are really screaming for selection later in the season and if the guys in front of them are struggling you could justify a change but I’d prefer they wait their turns via injury or suspension.

Guys like Mam, Paix, Piakura, Mariner and Willison will also be better off with another 15 games of cup under their belts.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Happy about the options and the battle but I’m really hopeful Kev sticks with this squad for half a season so they can form combinations. I’m hopeful he has rushed Niu back in so we are as close to full strength as possible and can now settle the changes and get on with the season. The only change that needs to happen (barring injury) for the next 8-10 rounds is Flegler. Tweaking the starters v bench isn’t such a crime but the 17 needs to be as settled as possible.

Maybe Paix or Mam are really screaming for selection later in the season and if the guys in front of them are struggling you could justify a change but I’d prefer they wait their turns via injury or suspension.

Guys like Mam, Paix, Piakura, Mariner and Willison will also be better off with another 15 games of cup under their belts.
for sure and I think they've stated that and I reckon that is why Niu is being rushed back in , so they get that stability in the spine asap.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
for sure and I think they've stated that and I reckon that is why Niu is being rushed back in , so they get that stability in the spine asap.
Credit to Kev, his team lists have improved out of sight since toward the end of last season. Not taking away from how tough the first few months must’ve been though.

edit: except for Roberts. That was a shocker lol

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Credit to Kev, his team lists have improved out of sight since toward the end of last season. Not taking away from how tough the first few months must’ve been though.

edit: except for Roberts. That was a shocker lol
i think that was back-up for the halves a security blanket so to speak , in theory not a bad option but it didn't work out .

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Most are a lot more confident about this game than I am. Looking at the dogs left side alone, they could really hurt us if they are given any sort of field position.

They have burton (whose kicks will be giving our wingers and fullback nightmares, he can ball play and run well), TPJ who will be really fired up and is a noted offload (with dufty being a noted support player with speed to burn), naden (eh.) and JAC who if given space (which our right side tends to do) you can shut the gate.

Given our inability to back up decent performances, I am sensing a storm could be brewing

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Most are a lot more confident about this game than I am. Looking at the dogs left side alone, they could really hurt us if they are given any sort of field position.

They have burton (whose kicks will be giving our wingers and fullback nightmares, he can ball play and run well), TPJ who will be really fired up and is a noted offload (with dufty being a noted support player with speed to burn), naden (eh.) and JAC who if given space (which our right side tends to do) you can shut the gate.

Given our inability to back up decent performances, I am sensing a storm could be brewing
Have faith, we have turned a corner. We won’t win them all, but we will win this one.

Broncos 26 def. Bulldogs 10.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

I have no real confidence in how good we are but I am confident Dogs are still terrible. Burton’s massive boot is all they have. We may lose this one but if we do we have done terribly.

E

easybreezy

BRL Player
Nov 23, 2021
exactly my thoughts too...best example would be Reynolds coming in for Billy who played far better than Isaako. Should we keep Reynolds out to keep Billy and Alby both in ;)
if Tesi is #1 choice, then no brainer!

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
This whole mentality on this site that players shouldn’t be picked because they are leaving is just petty bullshit.

He got picked and he didn’t let the team down, that’s the only thing that matters. He earned another week in the role.
He was filling in for an injured player

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
personally i think a choice between niu and isaako is a choice between a poke in the arse or a poke in the eye.

neither are preferrable.

happy enough with the rest of the side tho. i'd prefer 8. carrigan 13. hetherington and bench palasia for impact, but palasia deserves to keep his spot atm. i think we'd get more value out of hetherington starting than off the bench IMO.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
This whole mentality on this site that players shouldn’t be picked because they are leaving is just petty bullshit.

He got picked and he didn’t let the team down, that’s the only thing that matters. He earned another week in the role.
Of course it's the only thing that matters. Did Souths drop Reynolds?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
So his glowing endorsement is ‘he didn’t let the team down’? You know who else didn’t let the team down? Billy Walters and yet he’s ‘demoted’ to the bench.

And if you actually took the time to read comments about why some of us are saying this decision is not the end of the world, I really don’t know how you arrive at your conclusion that the whole argument is because Isaako is leaving.

I do wonder if a certain poster on here who vehemently defends Isaako has maybe had more influence than some realise. The carry on by some of you would make one think Isaako had an outstanding game last week and this is some kind of injustice, I’m sorry it just isn’t.

I wonder if Penrith fans will feel the same when runner up halfback of the round O’Sullivan is replaced with Cleary because he had a career game, certainly ‘didn’t let the team down’.
What did you say? A a a a compliment of sorts????

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Of course it's the only thing that matters. Did Souths drop Reynolds?
It’s not the only thing that matters. If Isaako was clearly a better player than Niu (like Reynolds was easily south’s best halfback) he would still be in the team. It’s splitting hairs when it comes to who is better so you might as well pick the young guy who will still be at the club next year so he can develop combinations.

Taafe or Ilias might have got an early start if Reynolds was Brodey Croft or a Kyle Flannigan.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
This is the classic game the Broncos of the last 3-4 years would lose. This will be the real tell if they've turned a corner or not.

A lot in the Bulldogs to be worrisome - JAC, Burton, TPJ all capable of turning in match winning performances. Our attitude is key.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
This is the classic game the Broncos of the last 3-4 years would lose. This will be the real tell if they've turned a corner or not.

A lot in the Bulldogs to be worrisome - JAC, Burton, TPJ all capable of turning in match winning performances. Our attitude is key.
If it makes you feel any better, last time the dogs managed to beat us Boyd and Turpin were our halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Spooky1013
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.