10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I know it will be an absolute load of dribble, but wondering if anyone can post the article from beetroot buzz about haas not being in the top 3 props haha. Would be a good laugh!

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Just watched Reyno's short interview on NRL.com.

It has filled me full of confidence as opposed to blind faith and hope. By all accounts he sounds fully committed to making the Broncos into the once proud powerhouse we were.

If he produces even half of what he talks about we'll be pushing top four this year. It's hard to gauge after one game, this weekend when he finally gets to pull on our jersey, should give us a window into the future to come though.

I can't recall us ever playing a game in Sydney on a late Sunday afternoon except of course when we played the many GF's. Our record playing at that particular time is not too shabby either :happy:. I'm tipping we score around 32 points. If our defence is on point I'm thinking the Dogs will get no more than two tries at best. So Broncos by 20.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
I can't recall us ever playing a game in Sydney on a late Sunday afternoon except of course when we played the many GF's. Our record playing at that particular time is not too shabby either :happy:. I'm tipping we score around 32 points. If our defence is on point I'm thinking the Dogs will get no more than two tries at best. So Broncos by 20.

This is going to be a slug fest. Game will be won on the fringe of the ruck and meters gained out of dummy half. Both teams will be sending lots of traffic towards second row/halves out wide all day.

Reynolds will need to kick straight and deep to nulify the speed and territory dogs will gain out wide. His job will be to slow the pace down.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
This is going to be a slug fest. Game will be won on the fringe of the ruck and meters gained out of dummy half. Both teams will be sending lots of traffic towards second row/halves out wide all day.

Reynolds will need to kick straight and deep to nulify the speed and territory dogs will gain out wide. His job will be to slow the pace down.
I think both teams will be trying to create width and get away from the ruck as fast as possible. Reyno will be looking to free up Staggs and Cobbo with early ball, likewise Burton with the Fox. But yeh Dufty is renowned for steaming through the ruck in support so we'll need to keep that channel shut all night.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
I can't recall us ever playing a game in Sydney on a late Sunday afternoon except of course when we played the many GF's. Our record playing at that particular time is not too shabby either :happy:.
Probably that 58-0 loss to parra which lowered the lid on Siebolds coffin...Black Sunday

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Just watched Reyno's short interview on NRL.com.

It has filled me full of confidence as opposed to blind faith and hope. By all accounts he sounds fully committed to making the Broncos into the once proud powerhouse we were.

If he produces even half of what he talks about we'll be pushing top four this year. It's hard to gauge after one game, this weekend when he finally gets to pull on our jersey, should give us a window into the future to come though.

He certainly talks a good game - and I have no reason not to believe him - but I'd like to see him play one game for us before I breathe a sigh of relief.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He certainly talks a good game - and I have no reason not to believe him - but I'd like to see him play one game for us before I breathe a sigh of relief.

Agreed totally. TPJ used to talk a good game too. Of course Reynolds is far more proven and smarter than TPJ was but still, lets see what he does on the field first.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Agreed totally. TPJ used to talk a good game too. Of course Reynolds is far more proven and smarter than TPJ was but still, lets see what he does on the field first.
So did Darius, Mudfrog and Oates. Won't get fooled again.

On the other side of the coin: Capewell.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
He wouldn’t be lacking motivation. Apart from showing us we made the right decision in investing in his future, he would also want to prove to the Rabbits they made a mistake. Expect he won't have any trouble doing just that.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
proof is in the pudding

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He wouldn’t be lacking motivation. Apart from showing us we made the right decision in investing in his future, he would also want to prove to the Rabbits they made a mistake. Expect he won't have any trouble doing just that.

I'm very confident he will go really well but still, we haven't seen him do anything yet, so until he does a Capewell, the jury is still out. The problem is we have had some really bad big name recruits over the years: Bird of course, TPJ, Barba, late career K.Hunt, late career Teo, post-season 1 Milford, Boyd, Roberts, Luke, K.Sims, Kennedy, Tronc.

In fact, there hasn't been a GREAT big name recruit (in my opinion) since Israel Folau. Early return Boyd, early Milford and even Blair were all decent to really good before dropping off a cliff (in terms of Boyd and Milford). The signs with Capewell are strong of course after round 1.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm very confident he will go really well but still, we haven't seen him do anything yet, so until he does a Capewell, the jury is still out. The problem is we have had some really bad big name recruits over the years: Bird of course, TPJ, Barba, late career K.Hunt, late career Teo, post-season 1 Milford, Boyd, Roberts, Luke, K.Sims, Kennedy, Tronc.

In fact, there hasn't been a GREAT big name recruit (in my opinion) since Israel Folau. Early return Boyd, early Milford and even Blair were all decent to really good before dropping off a cliff (in terms of Boyd and Milford). The signs with Capewell are strong of course after round 1.
Capewell was bought for basically the same money as Glenn. Heck of an upgrade there and he'll only be 31 at the end of his contract, can't see much going wrong with that buy at least.

Reynolds can't be bad, his strength is his organisation and kicking game, those things only get better with age. The only real point of concern is his defence and durability, but with the advantages he brings, you work your defence structures around him and modify his training to suit.

Keen as **** for Reno, but I agree it's probably wiser to wait and see how he goes.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
proof is in the pudding
Who has pudding?

V3imagesbin1cda5c2f918d5a2ce478343cb72bf54d n7vbe73v548awtyxzs2

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Besides Tallis, I reckon Lazarus was our best buy recruit. Also for the Storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Galah
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Midean
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  • Lostboy
  • The Strapper
  • ezpz
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.